other

VH1: Teenage Dream is the most important pop album of the past 10 years

Kacey Elizabeth

Featured Posts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

It was succesful + it is well crafted to serve its purpose, but I fail to see how it was important :shrug:

Omg!!! I can't believe Katy pays for positive press!!! Where's her artistic integrity!!!

I know, she is so transparent!

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Pain of fame1

I loved Teenage Dream ! It's definitely the best Katy delivered !

Though in quality TF / TFM and BTW were far better !

this

Didymus

PEOPLE ALREADY ARE PRESSED AF. :lmao::woot:

I defended Katy a lot on this forum but you don't even need to be pressed for this :chica: Critics HATED this album. One VH1 article (which is clearly written by a non-neutral dare-I-say fan) isn't gonna change the obvious: that Teenage Dream does NOT deserve to be compared to Thriller and is never gonna be seen as some important transition album for the history of pop music.

I don't have to be pressed about Katy to be able to call out her hypocrisy and greediness, and to despise her as a person and her music. I mean, I don't personally know ISIS, Donald Trump, and etc. I personally know nothing of their actions, intentions, or personally know how they live their lives and what goes through their head. But does that mean that I cannot observe and read between the lines myself and despise them, their actions, intentions, and their tin-foot existence? 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Kacey Elizabeth

I don't have to be pressed about Katy to be able to call out her hypocrisy and greediness, and to despise her as a person and her music. I mean, I don't personally know ISIS, Donald Trump, and etc. I personally know nothing of their actions, intentions, or personally know how they live their lives and what goes through their head. But does that mean that I cannot observe and read between the lines myself and despise them, their actions, intentions, and their tin-foot existence? 

I'M SCREAMING! NOT YOU COPYING THE EXACT THING I SAID ABOUT TAYLOR ON ANOTHER THRED AND NOW YOU'RE USING IT TO 'DRAG ME'. BRJEHSIDENEJ 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Head Empty

Explain how the word "important" relates to the album. "Succesful" - yes. "Popular" - yes. "A good album" - depends on taste, but I can agree so I'd say yes.

"Important"? In what way?

Weird that article prefers Katy's brand of pop for being "fun and harmless" and compares her to Thiller ... which was actually much darker and Halloween like The Fame Monster.

Kacey Elizabeth

Explain how the word "important" relates to the album. "Succesful" - yes. "Popular" - yes. "A good album" - depends on taste, but I can agree so I'd say yes.

"Important"? In what way?

The article says it all.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived