💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP (song) production is on point

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

I personally think that the production on ARTPOP the song is flawless. 

There is a common opinion that the studio version should have the louder Hee,heees from the live versions but the truth is that the Heess would have sounded like a big mess and would make the song sound overproduced on the studio version. They are amazing live and that's why Gaga always uses them but it was a professional and wise decision to have them sound lower in the studio version. Also the fact that in the first verse you don't hear them that much to focus on the lyrics-flow and then on the second verse they are louder so that you focus on the melody more is genious as well imo. The only think that maybe should have been louder on the studio version is the violin but that way is great as well.

All in all I think that ARTPOP (the song) is one of Gaga's best creations and one of DJWS best prodctions. 

What do you think?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iAstroLeo

Such a beautiful, timeless song and one of the best on ARTPOP, if not the best. 

gZGVq4X.gif

Such an eargasm :flutter:  

gagzus

lyrically, it's the best writing she's ever done on an album, production wise it's the best production DJWS has done for her (better than DWUW & GH imo).

melodically, it works and thematically it's great. In my top 5 of the album

Didymus

It's great. I wish it was a bit "deeper" and it had like a schizo instrumental part somewhere but I'm very satisfied :flutter: It's so.. funky and unlike ANYTHING she ever recorded.

I also wished she kept the beat all through the bridge :noparty: That made it more anthemic.

In any case it's a real vision.

Didymus

in my top 5 

Omg yes, this was beyond epic. The chord changes at the end are magical :pray: I remember replaying this thing to absolute death. I wish we had a studio version.

Zsolti

on fleek*

b2oX0ak.gif

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Ursula Buffay

The pre-chorus is amazing :

A hybrid can withstand these things my heart can beat with bricks and strings, my ARTPOP could mean anything.

But then the chorus sounds kinda unmastered, especially the end : ARTPOP, ARTPOP, ARTPO-OH-OH-OP.

VforVendetta

in my top 5 

One of her best performances on piano.

If only she had put something less... funny. :smh: She i slike a chicken here.

ARTUNiCORN

lyrically, it's the best writing she's ever done on an album, production wise it's the best production DJWS has done for her (better than DWUW & GH imo).

melodically, it works and thematically it's great. In my top 5 of the album

This 

Didymus

A hybrid can withstand these things my heart can beat with bricks and strings, my ARTPOP could mean anything.

Agreed, this part sounds just.. classic. ****ing classic.

VforVendetta

Can you imagine how this song will sound like to the next generations in like 20-30 years from now? :giveup:

gagzus

But then the chorus sounds kinda unmastered, especially the end : ARTPOP, ARTPOP, ARTPO-OH-OH-OP.

I always thought it sounded like that because the pre-chorus is both sides (art & pop) singing about wanting to become one (hence the high tone and deep autotuned tone) and then the rest of the chorus sounds like a single channel vocal layer bc they're suppose to be one at the time. (I know that's an artsy assumption but that's what I think anyway)

Archived