Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was ARTPOP overhyped?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VenusBlackStar

I don't think it was overhyped, it was just the management mess we all know about already.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

Most of the things you posted are natural hype or had nothing to do with ARTPOP. 

Of course the album must have hype, the abscense of hype is a bad thing.

You are 100 per cent correct, the things posted the GP never heard or saw or they were what naturally happens with major pop releases. 

The first that the casual fans and the GP knew that ARTPOP was coming was when the promo for Applause started and the VMAs. 

Hype for major releases is expected and normal. I've never understood why this fanbase is so reactionary to the normal release patterns seen with major acts. I think it has to do with immaturity and a tendency towards drama and magical thinking. 

crisTEAne

Oh dude, make more effort than that pls. She explained it LIKE THAT but obviously that's not the way it went down and we never got any details, she still hasn't even mentioned the app until this day and we have zero idea about what went wrong to upset all those projects (incl. the four she never talked about after 2012). That's what I meant & if you weren't so intent on trashing me you would've understood that.

and you would know that because? oh right, you wouldn't.

the point is that she did explain it and you said that she didn't. you are the one who should put more effort in uncontradictory statements. 

and for the record, i'm not trashing you. that's just your insecurity speaking. i wonder what could be the reason? :teehee: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Whispering

That's true.

I hope she will try extra hard with her next album and scores at least 3 BB #1 hits.

She needs new hits to be able to perform on her tours, she is obviously tired of performing Telephone for the hundredth time

Completely unrealistic expectations right here! This is why so many fans spend years whining about expectations they built up in their own head. 

Gaga performs almost every song from her current album during tours and you know that. She will perform her old hits for a while, like most artists do. 

Didymus

the point is that she did explain it and you said that she didn't. you are the one who should put more effort in uncontradictory statements. 

and for the record, i'm not trashing you. that's just your insecurity speaking. i wonder what could be the reason? :teehee: 

She explained the DWUW video :neyde: Not anything else, end of discussion. That is a FACT. And I already proved you wrong with your other contradiction accusation so pls b---h, keep trying but you're not winning anyone over here.

And yes you are, this is the second time you tried to start a fight in one day. You hate me & that's fine, but then put me on ignore instead or something if you're tired of seeing my posts 'cause if you expect me to cave in and admit to your idiotic accusations you're wasting your time.

And you don't know me. How dare you to say something like that to me.

crisTEAne

She explained the DWUW video :neyde: Not anything else, end of discussion. That is a FACT. And I already proved you wrong with your other contradiction accusation so pls b---h, keep trying but you're not winning anyone over here.

And yes you are, this is the second time you tried to start a fight in one day. You hate me & that's fine, but then put me on ignore instead or something if you're tired of seeing my posts 'cause if you expect me to cave in and admit to your idiotic behavior you're wasting your time.

And you don't know me. How dare you to say something like that to me.

you only proved that you were wrong. what did you just say? oh right, b---h. 

i didn't try to start anything. i'm guessing you're referring to the post in which i pointed out that gaga did not try to take advantage of the gay community. it was me stating my opinion and defending gagz. if you took it personally, oh well. that just proves my point. :awkney:

VforVendetta

How are they not to do with ARTPOP? You're telling me, if she suddenly dropped a new sound she made with RedOne, that would not be hype for LG5? :emma:

You're gonna have to go through that list and tell me how it's not hype for ARTPOP, I don't understand how you can think it's not.

1) Very early title announcement
2) New song on tour with no release date looming
3) Sound puzzles
4) Early producer reveals
5) Recording studio pictures
6) Secret events casting speculation
7) Very early lyric releases
8) Inventions unveiled early
9) New music being played from the car

1) Bad move cause the fans started getting tired of the name/concept - agreed

2) It was not on the album - irrelevant

3) Not on the album - irrelevant

4) Not important for the public and most people don't even pay attention to the producers. It's good to reveal the persons you are working with early.

5) It's hype but it was ok, the fans were compaining because of the big blackout Gaga had, they wanted something.

6) That's fans making hype themselves, nothing more

7) It's hype but it's the same with 6.

8) The inventions were stupid hype I agree cause most of them were never used and it's better when she reveals her inventions on stage during their use for the first time.

9) That was a good hype to draw some attention on Gag aafter the big blackout she had.

All in all, the hype you mention above was more than neccesary. Since you were her in  2012 - early 2013, the fans had big meltdowns because of Gaga's big abscence. She moved on from the overexposure of BTW to complete abscense with pre ARTPOP, the fans needed some hype back then.

Cackling at the last paragraph. Mainly because the same could be reflected on you on a much more obvious level. :dies: 

Didymus

you only proved that you were wrong. what did you just say? oh right, b---h. 

i didn't try to start anything. i'm guessing you're referring to the post in which i pointed out that gaga did not try to take advantage of the gay community. it was me stating my opinion and defending gagz. if you took it personally, oh well. that just proves my point. :awkney:

I'm fine with you hating me. That doesn't mean I don't hate you tho, 'cause I do. It's so painfully obvious you don't like me and anything I have to say and every single time I prove you wrong you a--lyze my posts like a little b---h trying to find a new angle to dismiss me while COMPLETELY ignoring every time I clock your ass and prove your accusations wrong. It's pathetic.

crisTEAne

I'm fine with you hating me. That doesn't mean I don't hate you tho, 'cause I do. It's so painfully obvious you don't like me and anything I have to say and every single time I prove you wrong you a--lyze my posts like a little b---h trying to find a new angle to dismiss me while COMPLETELY ignoring every time I clock your ass and prove your accusations wrong. It's pathetic.

reported. the hateful one here is you and you alone.

Didymus

reported. the hateful one here is you and you alone.

I don't mind taking WP's for this. At least I was honest enough to say I don't ****ing like you and give specific (and valid) reasons why, which you ignored once again, completely proving my point for everyone who was still doubting. So thanks for that. And good ****ing bye.

Archived