đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was ARTPOP overhyped?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

I've seen many here claim that ARTPOP was overhypes in a similar way that BTW was and truly this is not try in any way. 

With ARTPOP Gaga never overhyped anything, she created hype and normal expectations but nothing out of the limits. I would even say that the hype train of that Era was on point. Gaga was receiving a lot of backlash from the media but this had nothing to do with the hype or anything.

The problem with ARTPOP Era was that the songs were overplayed before the release. The Swinefest as great as it was, was a big mistake. Playing the unfinished versions of the songs to the fans made them used to songs that weren't the final products and gave them wrong impressions - made them attached with songs that she changed in the future. I even remember fans wanting the different premature version of Alejandro that we had heard from the demo in the beginning. Also I'd even dare to say that it's not good when the audience listens the song live before the studio version. Every time Gaga did this from BTW (the song) to many ARTPOP tracks the sound of the studio version always bugged the funs simple cause the live version is always different that the studio. 

So I think that for LG5 Gaga should preview the songs in a very small amount before the release of the album and she shouldn't perform the songs live before the album release. Of course if it's a more acoustic album the performances may work much better.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

yes, i would write 'ARTPOP' on walls everywhere:deadbanana:

This is not overhyping unless your walls are something like:

wall-title-700x325.png

:emma:

Jesse Pinkman

She announced it too early, thus creating a massive amount of natural hype. But keep in mind that ARTPOP'S release date was originally earlier.

In retrospect, Swinefest wasn't that bad.. We waited over a year for new music, so maybe she just wanted to quench our thirsts. At least we got to  heat what the songs were originally supposed to sound like before the mess transpired.

I'm just so glad she's keeping LG5 under wraps for the most part. I feel like it's her first album where she's finally gonna let the music speak for itself.

It's science, bitch

YES. This ****ing site couldn't stop talking about it since there was no more singles from BTW. EXHAUSTING.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

VforVendetta

Nothing out of the limits? :Chica:

261508155.png

Pls.

This one not even overhyping considering that all these things woukd have happened if the whole Era wasn't a mess for all the reasons we already know.

Alien Tulip

261508155.png

Pls.

Reading this again made me so sad :lmao: Everything said here never came to life. I just hope the next era things are better planned out and things go her way. 

Jesse Pinkman

261508155.png

Pls.

Yeah...... This definitely hyped the **** out of me and drastically increased my expectations ngl lol

It's science, bitch

SlayLin

I've never really believed in over hyping, personally. When I first listened to ARTPOP, my first thoughts were something along the lines of, "This is amazing, she's truly gotten so much better. I feel as though her work will just keep getting better and better." But to be honest, I wasn't around much for the Swinefest era so I never listened to the stuff beforehand, and instead all at once when I got the album the day it came out. I LOVED ARTPOP, and still do. All the negative opinions of the critics and even sometimes of this fanbase don't really get to me, and never changed my opinion. For her next album, I'm excited, and that's that. I don't have expectations, I just want new music, I genuinely look forward to the new era, upcoming looks, the tour, the theme.

You rage for no reason because you have No Reason.

VforVendetta

YES. This ****ing site couldn't stop talking about it since there was no more singles from BTW. EXHAUSTING.

She announced it too early, thus creating a massive amount of natural hype. But keep in mind that ARTPOP'S release date was originally earlier.

In retrospect, Swinefest wasn't that bad.. We waited over a year for new music, so maybe she just wanted to quench our thirsts. At least we got to  what the songs were originally supposed to sound like before the mess transpired.

ImI'm just so glad she's keeping LG5 under wraps for the most part. I feel like it's her first album where she's finally gonna let the music speak for itself.

Yes but this hype was only in here and fans created it themselves. :deadbanana: It wasn't like with BTW that true hype was everywhere in the media and on Twitter. 

VforVendetta

I've never really believed in over hyping, personally. When I first listened to ARTPOP, my first thoughts were something along the lines of, "This is amazing, she's truly gotten so much better. I feel as though her work will just keep getting better and better." But to be honest, I wasn't around much for the Swinefest era so I never listened to the stuff beforehand, and instead all at once when I got the album the day it came out. I LOVED ARTPOP, and still do. All the negative opinions of the critics and even sometimes of this fanbase don't really get to me, and never changed my opinion. For her next album, I'm excited, and that's that. I don't have expectations, I just want new music, I genuinely look forward to the new era, upcoming looks, the tour, the theme.

Yes, that's my point. :yes:

Yes but this hype was only in here and fans created it themselves. :deadbanana: It wasn't like with BTW that true hype was everywhere in the media and on Twitter. 

Sis, in the first interview Gaga did after BTW was released she was already asked about the next album :rip: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived