Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift covers Vanity Fair, criticizes Spotify

Neal

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent

"a voice of a creative community" :awkney:

This b---h acting like the leader of the songwriting community when in reality her writing is very mediocre.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evan Peters

Why does she only ever mention other artists when it still involves her getting money, lol

emma roberts is an abuser

nikola

Lol is she talking about spotify again........can she like move on...........she always talks about same **** over and over again......its getting borings

Can she like write a song about it like she does for every boy she dated in her life and move on

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Redstreak

The funny thing here is that those people who say the same thing aren't even pop stans. 

There is a difference. Several people who have personally worked with Katy have said that Katy writes her own material, and is heavily involved in the process of writing and  composing her songs. Now, there isn't a exact proof which says Taylor's management, record label and team are pushing for this Apple and Spotify thing and that she didn't wrote that letter to Apple, but there isn't a proof against it either. So the possibilities are that the thing I'm saying might be true. 

But there is. Scott her manager said he had no idea about the letter till it was already online

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Jjang

In a way, yes. Having a flop era could actually humble her and make her music better. She's never known anything other than success for a decade, so it's going to have to end sometime soon. Madonna and Mariah experienced their big fall from grace after a decade's worth of success. I'm sure Taylor won't be much different. Once fans start to think their fave is untouchable, which Taylor's fans currently believe, you know the downfall isn't far off.

This noticeable pattern will not necessarily apply to every artist out there and certainly not Taylor Swift. Madonna didn't underperformed spontaneously, she was arguably the most despised woman on the planet at the time due to her controversies (extreme s-xual provocations, the SEX book, the Erotica album). Meanwhile, Taylor is (artistically) playing it safe, she has a great support team, she is consistent with her releases, she's favorited by the critics, media and GP. There's no way in hell she's just going to fall for the sake of it.

Brian Newman

Can she seriously just shut up about streaming already? She makes more than enough money and half of her fanbase can't afford half of the **** she throws at us, her concerts especially. I'm just so over her thinking shes this guru of the music industry. She's greedy and I'm slowly beginning to despise her.

Why does she only ever mention other artists when it still involves her getting money, lol

This this this :saladga:

StrawberryBlond

well I would point out that she was sticking up for the lessor known artists, stating that it was her friends talking about it that got her wanting to say something, but that would just be a moot point for you. It doesn't matter what she says or how the story goes, you're convinced she's only looking out for her own pocketbook. I don't even know why I continue to quote you, you continue to believe your own somehow all knowing perceptions regardless of the amount of evidence that goes against it :shrug: 

Sure, but how do we know she isn't just saving face and trying to make herself look good? In the celebrity industry, when it comes to speeches, open letters, public apologies, etc. you always have to look between the lines. A lot of these things are prepared by managers and PR teams and not the artist and they are full of quotes where, upon close inspection from a psychological perspective, reveal manipulation and the real truth. i notice Taylor only brings up how artists aren't getting paid enough only when she feels she isn't getting paid enough, she only brings up s-xism towards other women when she feels like she's been the victim of s-xism. Throughout her entire career, through her songs, she has painted herself as a victim. She doesn't bring up issues unless they're personally affecting her, basically. It all points towards someone who's just looking out for #1.

I'm not saying I'm always right, I usually say how my thoughts are just a theory. I weigh up evidence, quantify it, draw my own conclusions. Above all, I never believe everything the media tells me, I read between the lines, I don't believe the hype. If there's one thing I've learned in studying celebrity culture, it's that a lot of famous people can be horrible. They lie, cheat, take d--gs, engage in violence, commit crimes, etc. So many of them don't live up to their media-controlled nice guy image. And you'd be surprised at the ones who are a very different person behind closed doors. And throughout Taylor's career, she's displayed all the signs of someone who is quite the mean girl in secret and thinks very highly of herself. And yet, somehow, she's frequently considered one of the nicest girls in the industry and a shining example. From Speak Now and onwards, I didn't believe this for a moment and I don't know how anyone else can let the wool be pulled over their eyes. I like to think i'm a good judge of character and whenever I have a bad feeling about a celebrity, it's nearly always revealed to be true at some point.

This noticeable pattern will not necessarily apply to every artist out there and certainly not Taylor Swift. Madonna didn't underperformed spontaneously, she was arguably the most despised woman on the planet at the time due to her controversies (extreme s-xual provocations, the SEX book, the Erotica album). Meanwhile, Taylor is (artistically) playing it safe, she has a great support team, she is consistent with her releases, she's favorited by the critics, media and GP. There's no way in hell she's just going to fall for the sake of it.

So, you think Taylor will have better luck than legends, one of which being the most successful female artist of all time? This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say her fans are thinking she's untouchable. Taylor might not always play it so safe, she might go right back to her country roots and lose all her worldwide fans. She might just create another 1989, but for some reason, it fails to sell. If you think the only way she could flop is if she actively tries to, you are being far too optimistic and biased. No one knows what the future holds and in the music industry, nothing is guaranteed. It's not unusual for an artist's biggest success to be immediately followed by their biggest failure, with seemingly no reasoning behind it. It's just the way things work. As a Gaga fan, you should know the danger in thinking your fave is untouchable.

crisTEAne

having seen some of her interviews at the beginning of the era, i started to like her. i really thought that she had intelligence and integrity behind her works. then i watched some of her live performances and—as for me talent, to a certain extent, is measured by the live renditions of the songs—i was seriously disappointed. then came this whole spotify thing, not to mention her numerous feuds… i know it's subjective and may not be full on topic, but i had to say that i really don't know what to think about her. :roll:

the cover is nice, typography is on point.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Miel

“My fears were that I would be looked at as someone who just whines and rants about this thing that no one else is really ranting about.”

join tidal tay :fat:  

I feel like Gaga's keynote speech @ SXSW 2014 was all about this, if not even more about the grittiness of the industry? idk I feel like there's a lot of artists now talking about "putting art back in the front" and everybody totally slept on Gaga when she made that her main theme of everything

3 points in and ready for more

Kacey Elizabeth

But there is. Scott her manager said he had no idea about the letter till it was already online

Receipts? 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Battle 4 Ur Life

this is starting to sound more made-up than it already was.

I don't trust a word from her tbh.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Kacey Elizabeth

Katy co-writes her songs, she just brings in professional songwriters to help her. They are listed on music industry publishing sites and in the album credits. That information is in black and white, but a Katycat wants and needs to believe otherwise.

The letter to Apple is obviously part of Taylor's mission. She has stuck to her guns on this issue, since she first decided to keep her music off of Spotify. Taylor really didn't know, when she made that decision, if it was going to help of hurt her, but it was important to her to stick to her convictions. If 1989 wouldn't have been as wildly popular (the most popular album of the year, in fact) and the singles wouldn't have done as well, her decision could have backfired, but she was willing to take that chance. People here forget that she simply has refused to hand her music to the free streaming services (even for three months), not keep her music from all streaming services. In this situation, the evidence is there. Taylor has taken this stand since the start of this era, and hasn't wavered from this position of believing that "music has value". 

LOL, again, a songwriter and a lyricist are two different people who do different things. In fact, a professional songwriter means someone who composes music, not someone who writes the lyrics. And songwriting mainly is composing the music; the instrumental track. Someone who composes the music gets writing credits on a song in publishing music companies and album credits, just like someone who writes the lyrics. They're not credited separately in publishing deals and album credits. Sorry to break it down to you. 

Anybody who does some research, uses common sense, and reads between the lines, will know that what I am saying about Katy's input on her songs is credible and true, and how Taylor's team, record label, and management are the ones pushing for this Spotify and Apple thing, and how most likely Taylor's letter to Apple wasn't written by herself. Look's like you're the one who's lying to themselves.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived