💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Boy George praises Lady Gaga, Talks Madonna comparison.

fucbjk

Featured Posts

A Beaverhausen

Waiting for the day we all grow up and the threads on GGD  are pleasurable to read. All this childish arguing is so tiring.

Agreed :) 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Boy George! He's very level-headed in his answers. It's interesting how they think Gaga "toned down" her image for good or something.. lol. I hope the next era brings back the eccentric Gaga image, but maintains this respect people have for her talent.

But the funny part is that her eccentricity never left???!!!! She's just evolving, her style is evolving and Gaga herself has said this year how her style is getting much more traditional, classic, but of course with an obvious "Gaga-tough". Gaga: “So many people want to be more edgy and darker and avant-garde. But for me, it's more interesting to celebrate being classic." I see it as she has just found a great balance between still being eccentric but also presenting her obvious talent, meaning that the eccentricity is still there but it doesn't overshadow her raw talent as much as it used to. And I freakin love it. 

Diamond Heart

Wow, this thread became a mess fast lmao 

Anyways, its always nice to hear people say complimentary things about Gaga, even more so when its about her voice which i feel doesnt get a lot of recognition outside this fanbase. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Omg how are some of you still pressed at M? Get over it, I mean Gaga has, I have no idea why you still insist on "shading" her whenever she's mentioned, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

Love culture club so seeing Boy George say this makes me so happy :applause: 

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

yASSsss

While I try to stay respectful and discuss things in a proper manner, you (people) are only going out of your way to disrespect and bully others with a slightly different perspective than yours. I guess I'm the better Gaga fan since I follow her message. :Chica:

lol,if this is what ur definition of "bully" is then u really need a new dictionary :Chica: 

and wait what?? A better Gaga fan ?? Is that so?? :udidnt: 

When u get an award for this or some prize money, let me know... Maybe then I'll start acting like a real fan...while u're at it,don't forget to give me some tips... :love:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Jjang

It's always the same few people running around and fighting in every single thread, it's sad actually. :lmao: 

Yup, the same people discussing things in a proper manner & the same people making immature indirect jabs. :yes:

Bradley

IT'S THE SAME MEMBER.

A

G

A

I

N

damn,  it's fcking annoying.

How does one get into an argument like every two days? He against the world. :sharon:

Slayer

The first question concerns me a bit. It seems like, because Gaga "toned down" her image for this era (and the Oscars performance), the media now thinks she's going to be doing that permanently. What happens when she goes back to her crazy outfits and haute couture for LG5? Are they going to say she's taking a step backwards? :cryga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Bradley

How did this thread turn into a drama already? So silly. 

OT: What a clever response, he obviously thinks highly of her and it is refreshing to see such an opinion.  I would say it was obvious at first Gaga took a lot of inspiration from Madonna but not anymore, she is an artist in her own right, she earned that. 

because it's the same member who's been involved in like 17462 arguments on GGD (I think it's okay to stan for your fav but some people NEVER showed even the tiniest support to Gaga when they're on GGD, it's odd. I mean try find that member liking a post praising Gaga, you're lucky enough to find one)

maybe their fav doesn't have a nice forum like a GGD

Bradley

Even Gaga herself admitted she's inspired by Madonna. 

It's the Madonna fans who claim that Gaga owns her WHOLE career to Madonna, which is ridiculous. She has so many inspirations. 

This this.

Slayer

- Mixing dancing with fashion, theatre and dramatic costume changes.

- Using fashion as an object of deliberate s-xual provocation.

- Mastering the concept of reinvention as a self marketing ploy.

- A willingness to push the envelope with their artistry. (in an identical pattern I should add).

These are all formulas that Madonna introduced to the industry and Gaga's more than happy to benefit of them.

Musically speaking, Madonna's influence can be noticed in every album : Scheiße, Dance In The Dark, The Fame ..etc.

Gaga's rocker energy? just watch the Drowned World Tour. 

These things could apply to most female popstars in the industry right now.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

PoshLife

I joined this site almost two entire years ago and I still have no idea why @Jjang is here other than to argue with people, and usually on the side that isn't supportive of Gaga. What a curious way to use one's brief time on this planet.

CC: @FATCAT

Jjang

I joined this site almost two entire years ago and I still have no idea why @Jjang is here other than to argue with people, and usually on the side that isn't supportive of Gaga. What a curious way to use one's brief time on this planet.

Quote my non supportive comment of Gaga.

EDIT : just like I thought, you couldn't find anything. But congratulations on the 3 likes you've got based on what you said about me, no need to thank me, consider it an act of generosity.

tumblr_mbia8a1IPa1risusro1_500.gif

Haroon

Stay on-topic otherwise this topic will get locked pretty quickly guys. Stick to discussing the OP please, this isn't the time or place to be bringing up what you think of other members in this way :duck: If you have an issue with someone then report troublesome posts and/or put them on your ignore list and/or PM a moderator

djBuffoon

Very nice of him to say.

However, I am still pressed from when he claimed that her pop music sounded like "Calvin Harris or David Guetta." Because, no. It doesn't. :excuseu:

• Jase locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived