💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Monster & Starstruck were the hits that got away

gagzus

Featured Posts

gagzus

I'm 100% sure they were the hits that got away, not only are they catchy but Starstruck sold more than half a million in the U.S. and Monster was her highest charting non-single/non-promo single song peaking at number 29 in New Zealand, I also remember back in 2009 when Capital FM was Galaxy FM (North East exclusive radio only) they used to play non-released non-top 40 songs, Monster was played a fair bit as was Startstruck and other non-singles like Dance in The Dark & Alejandro (at the time), they also played the Bad Romance demo after it leaked. (they also played a supposed leaked gaga track with asher roth that turned out to be fake :rip:)

But back to those songs, do you guys think that they should've been singles instead of say; LoveGame & Alejandro? Thoughts.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

the fact that Starstuck have sold more than MTN .... says enough :cryga:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Economy

the fact that Starstuck have sold more than MTN .... says enough :cryga:

THIS :fail:

EDIT: and i dont think it should have been released "instead of" but rather add them in

StarStruck could of been 5th single from TF... and Monster well... im not sure if id add that in or replace another single for it or not...

But with StarStruck for sure id add it in!!!!!!

gagzus

starstruck? :rip: no thank u 

it's sales say it all though tbh :rip:  

plus it was meant to be her second single if Just Dance didn't work out

TimisaMonster

Starstruck was literally created to be a single...why else have Flo Rida (the Pit bull of 2008) be featured on the song? 

The song is very catchy and has a hip hop vibe that also would've worked well for her image and sound

The song did deserve that and more...it wasn't even performed on tour despite one video that's on YouTube of her singing it in a club :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Lassex

Starstruck doesn't represent her as an artist and a singer at all so I don't think she wanted it to be a single. She took the pop way and slayed the world :legend:

Emvee

Just Dance-Poker Face-Starstruck-LoveGame-Paparazzi

Bad Romance-Telephone-Monster-Alejandro

:flutter: 

gagzus

Starstruck doesn't represent her as an artist and a singer at all so I don't think she wanted it to be a single. She took the pop way and slayed the world :legend:

At that time she had no control over what songs were singles, she literally had to fight hard for Alejandro when the label were pushing for either DITD or Monster and that was on her second album nevermind when she was upcoming, Boys Boys Boys was also meant to be another single but she released Bad Romance already before they had the chance to make it happen. It's known that her label were gonna release Starstruck had Just Dance flopped.

AbuHassan1992

it's the epitome of the fame though. it represented her as an artist perfectly 

KyliesChild

Just Dance-Poker Face-Starstruck-LoveGame-Paparazzi

Paparazzi needed to be fourth single so that we could have the VMA performance 

Emvee

Paparazzi needed to be fourth single so that we could have the VMA performance 

Just Dance-Poker Face-Starstruck-Paparazzi

:hug: