Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"She created the world we live in," Diplo says about Madonna

Jjang

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

I agree that Gosttown would be a hit if a pop girl released it and I kinda agree that everyone wants her to fail because of her age and attitude.

BUT for me, the last two eras have been really underwealming in terms of music so idk. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

He's acting like the music industry hate her or something :flop: Nah sis. She's jus getting oolder. And the older you are, the lower your success. Most artist peak in their 20's. Then The sales drop in your older years. That's the cycle of music,

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

jojuun

Yes Diplo! Defend the Queen of the Universe.

tumblr_lyybyt1fqn1qa2ylwo1_1280.jpg

Truth be told, Madonna is the most important popstar ever. She single handedly changed popculture  forever. From female s-xuality to mixing theater with music for her tours, introducing story-telling videos... She was the first to do it and one of the only legends who never self-destructed. One of the few legends alive today, period. It's her, Paul McCartney, Cher, Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin and Elton John.

Respect is due. She changed the world.

Ladey Gagz

Is this ARTPOPdidntflop person trolling? :rip: reading his posts, I'm assuming he has never listened to a Madonna album and is the kind of member that ignores everything that proves him wrong and thinks that only his opinion is the right one :rip: 

SychosSoChic

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

HausOfNena

Is this ARTPOPdidntflop person trolling? :rip: reading his posts, I'm assuming he has never listened to a Madonna album and is the kind of member that ignores everything that proves him wrong and thinks that only his opinion is the right one :rip: 

My thoughts exactly. :shrug: 

mcphee

Madonna is phenomenal, it disgusts me how so many pay her dust. Diplo is right, without her impact across the decades pop culture would not be anywhere near the same. We wouldn't have GAGA.

jojuun

It's not about going Above an album, i'm saying she could NEVER pull of an ARTPOP or the Fame. Also The Fame is better than Madonna's entire discography 

tumblr_mnzrooWUNA1rovmq9o1_500.gif

AJH219

I see no lies. A shame that someone like Madonna is not given the respect she deserves and continually finds herself being dragged through the mud. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

LoveandMagic

Well, it's definitely true that Madonna paved the way for so many pop females. She was certainly a major influence for Gaga (but not the only one, Bowie, Queen, MJ, Grace Jones, etc). She was a rebel, an artist, a great dancer. She was a flawless and fierce fashionista that set so many trends. Most importantly of all, she openly (and fully) explored and embraced her female power and s-xuality in a time when such things were still considered fairly taboo, gaining the ire of many, then faced even more backlash when she gave homos-xuals a voice, encouraged them to be strong, and embraced the community. There was a lot of bravery involved, and many times she faced harsh criticism and backlash. I admire so much of what she has done, especially for the many times Madonna has managed to use the controversy to her advantage. A skillful PR madam, I think that is another of her traits that other women in the industry have admired and tried to emulate. 

Because she was such a controversial figure for so long, I believe she is a favorite punching bag of the media here. I also think there is a little ageism as well. But I also think there is some fair criticism too. While I enjoy Rebel Heart (which others too seem to consider a fine album) I think it's lackluster performance and era isn't the result of hatred of Madonna, but more so I think people are wanting more innovation or something that sounds fresher. People mention ARTPOP, I think there is a similar problem here, only Madonna doesn't seem to have quite the problem of management. I think people are feeling just a bit underwhelm. It doesn't mean the album and singles are no good, but for whatever reason, the public doesn't seem to be quite as taken to it. Maybe it's a wrong choice on singles or timing, maybe it was all the leaks, or maybe the sound just doesn't resonate with them. When people hear the words "Madonna album," a certain (high) standard is immediantly set. Perhaps too high for even a "fun" album. With albums such as Like A Prayer, Erotica, Confessions, Music, Ray of Light, the bar has been set so high. I think people want that level of freshness, fun, and innovation, which is tough to get with every album. None-the-less, I think people get wistful, especially when Madonna goes all out to promote, and I really admire her persistance. Her belief in her album and her professionalism should be a mold others follow. 

Now, having said this, Madge has nothing left to prove. And I'm sure Madonna will do fine on tour. But if she wants to do another Ray of Light, I think she still has it in her. If she just wants to have fun and put out enjoyable, but uninnovative, albums, that's perfectly fine too, I enjoy watching the videos and performances. But because of who she is and her past, she will always face controversy and tough criticism, especially as she gets older. By now I imagine she is quite bullet proof mentally, but career wise, the bar is set (too) high. Because of her legacy, people are going to always expect great things, and anything else will immediantly be seen as following a trend or lackluster. That's the price one pays for having a history of being a pioneer and trailblazer, their newest ambition will be judged on the standards of all the others. This is a not wholly unique trait that is shared by many top personas in the business, but for Madonna, she has all the extra ties and controversies in place. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

DrewStevens

Again, its not about an image or a beat or a song. Its about the approach of the artist. In theory, nothing is original. I agree 100%, but Madonna's approach is the closest thing to originality in the pop world parameters.

I guess that forum is made exclusively for pretentious snobs then. :proud:

In my opinion Madonna is not really that original. She was a fresh artist when she started but apart from Like a Virgin and Erotica I don't see anything really original from her. There were many musicians who did the things Madonna did but most things were attributed to her because of her fame.

Archived