Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why a self titled album is the best way to go

Versace

Featured Posts

Versace

I've seen a lot of rumored and fan made titles and none of them seem to be iconic which is something Gaga has been going for after The Fame as an album title. I know that a lot of you are against a self titled album cause it might seem bland or vague or even cliché. But just wait a moment and think it through with titles such as Born This Way and ARTPOP comes a responsibility they are more of a movement rather than simply a title. Till this day many of you hold Gaga to the standards she highlighted during Born This Way which eventually could lead to disappointments. Where as ARTPOP got a lot of criticism and judgment due to it's lack of solidity as a title and Gaga kept saying ARTPOP could mean anything and that she's not the first to come up with it. This can cause confusion and doubt from the GP when all they think of you is an artist who uses gimmicks to promote catchy pop music , it's sad but it's the truth at the time. TF and TFM were also partially movements but because they are within the basis of Pop Culture it was far less risky. I feel after C2C Gaga shouldn't be pushing for another artistic revolution nor one that targets humanity (while both could be incorporated into the next album) it just feels wrong. This album in my opinion should be a reflection of herself rather than what she wants to achieve (by this I do not mean musically but outside that), show us those vocals that you are lately getting praise for, share with us the joy you so proudly show recently. The love that Taylor gives her , the trust she has in her new team and the endless faith she has in her fans. Don't let this album be overshadowed by a title that might not stand the test of time. Let this album be all of you so no one labels it or changes it. Let this album be GAGA , why cause this can be the album where we finally say yes now I know who Gaga really is. A question even us as fans have doubts with. Although a self titled album might not be the case I have a feeling that it wont be much about a movement or a concept but rather a personal statement.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

A self titled album is good for the debut album. The 5th album? No. Boring and tacky :neyde:

SlayMeToVenus

I don't really like self titled albums. 

Avril Lavigne & Britney Jean both flopped. 

They don't seem to do too good. 

I don't have a Diamond Heart.

Versace

I don't really like self titled albums. 

Avril Lavigne & Britney Jean both flopped. 

They don't seem to do too good. 

You forgot "Britney" by Britney , Britney Jeans is Britney 2.0 :lolgaga:

Azor Ahai

Most boring name she could pick. 

In the past 2 years every major artist released a self-titled album :saladga: 

PartySick

A self titled album is good for the debut album. The 5th album? No. Boring and tacky :neyde:

Janet Jackson has three :neyde: 

janet.
Damita Jo
JANET (I think this is the title of her upcoming album?)

...Gags please no self titled album :pray: 

🖤

HighwayGuy

It would be boring

It would only be succesful if she was doing an acoustic album and named it 'Stefani' 

HEARTHUNTER

I want her new album to be called Revenge or to have the name of a mythologic monster such as the Chimera or the Manticore, it ****ing fits her so much.

monsterdreams

Not for gaga I don't think 

she likes to create a concept, which the title is part of 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Iwontell

It really depends on the content of the album, I think.

I usually find it pretty lazy and kind of pretentious, but there are exceptions..."Beyoncé", for example, makes perfect sense to be self-tittled. 

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Archived