Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Bonnie McKee: Katy hasn't started on her new album yet

Spock

Featured Posts

Whispering

I remember Prism came suddenly out of nowhere just when we were anticipating ARTPOP. Don't count Ms Keene out at releasing her upcoming album along with Gaga's.

I'm thinking that Katy's team will be bold (delusional) enough this time around to aim for Taylor's next release time. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

i'm expecting New Katy single summer 2016 and fall 2016 although Gaga would love that she should be wise and go for lead single in Q1 2016 and album in Q2 2016 just like BTW.

Taylor's new album should come out Fall 2016 :creepflop:

Her team did it once with Gaga but I don't think they would be that stupid to pit her against Taylor this time, who on top of normally selling like crazy, is going to be riding the 1989 wave (all Bad Blood "feud" aside)

And I hope that Gaga timeline happens :pray:

who will love me when the night is over

Florian

And no no no. Sia said that it's hard working with Katy because Katy is the MAIN WRITER and most of the ideas are hers, and she specifically knows what she wants. Stop making things up please.

I listened to the Q&A once again right before posting. So no that's not what she says. She said it was taugh because Katy wanted to be the dominant one. And said no to a lot of Sia's propositions about words or lines. I'm not the one making things up. I've even listened to this Q&A to be sûre to not say something wrong, something that you clearly didn't do.

And don't try to be rude, I love Katy, but I'm not blind. I know where she's good and where she isn't.

She writes on all of her songs, but the label accepts songs from professional lyricists and songwriting teams. Like many artists, who aren't primarily songwriters, the artist adds a little here and there or adds a bridge...and away we go! Many demos from these types of songwriting teams of professional lyricists and songwriters leave the bridge out, so the artist that picks up the song can add a it (often times with help from the producer) to the song and get songwriting credit.

I would love to see Katy take a stand at her label and deny all these types of songs and professional lyricists. (Like Bonnie) I would like to see what she could really do without all the other professional lyricists. Maybe she could break out of this rather childish image and songs....but then again, maybe the label keeps her stuck there and she doesn't know how to get out of it. I would also like to see her break from Dr. Luke for an album. IMO, she needs a change with this upcoming era, to move away some from the little girl market. That market is a double edged sword. It will push you to greater success, but it also puts you in a box and can hurt your image and brand long term. Now is really the time to step in and change it for the next era!

And I agree. I've never said that she does nothing. I'm convinced that she's really exigent and take part of the creative process. But I also think that she's not that involved like some people try to pretend. 

Kacey Elizabeth

I listened to the Q&A once again right before posting. So no that's not what she says. She said it was taugh because Katy wanted to be the dominant one. And said no to a lot of Sia's propositions about words or lines. I'm not the one making things up. I've even listened to this Q&A to be sûre to not say something wrong, something that you clearly didn't do.

And don't try to be rude, I love Katy, but I'm not blind. I know where she's good and where she isn't.

And I agree. I've never said that she does nothing. I'm convinced that she's really exigent and take part of the creative process. But I also think that she's not that involved like some people try to pretend. 

Which Q&A are you talking about? Can you post me the link please, or you are just making it up to get your point across? Because I've looked all over and did not found anything, except one Q&A from five years ago. I read Sia's quote which she says that Katy is the main writer on her songs and has her own ideas and vision and says no to a lot of her (Sia) suggestions (which is pretty much the same thing that you say) and that's why working with her is hard. I saw it somewhere on Internet some time ago. I don't remember which website and interview it was though. Oh and Katy is involved in her songs as I've explained. If you want to argue about her involvement in her songs, go and argue about it with StarGate and Greg Wells.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Florian

Which Q&A are you talking about? Can you post me the link please, or you are just making it up to get your point across? Because I've looked all over and did not found anything, except one Q&A from five years ago. I read Sia's quote which she says that Katy is the main writer on her songs and has her own ideas and vision and says no to a lot of her (Sia) suggestions (which is pretty much the same thing that you say) and that's why working with her is hard. I saw it somewhere on Internet some time ago. I don't remember which website and interview it was though. Oh and Katy is involved in her songs as I've explained. If you want to argue about her involvement in her songs, go and argue about it with StarGate and Greg Wells.

This Q&À is the only place where she talked about Katy work.

https://youtu.be/D5r74eycpJU

Around 15:30

Hurem

thank god i'd be having another meltdown if gaga and katy decided to release in the same time :saladga:

Arizonadream777

You are really close minded and ignorant if you only judge an artist's stage presence and talent by one performance (although The PWT filmed concert movie which was premiered at EPIX was not bad at all, it was actually great). But you know something, talking to people like you you is like talking to a wall, so :bye:

one performance? Lol it was a whole concert as usual you're delusional and that's right run its what you usual do when you lose an argument.:later:

Kacey Elizabeth

This Q&À is the only place where she talked about Katy work.

https://youtu.be/D5r74eycpJU

Around 15:30

But this pretty much proves my point more... So thanks! 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Florian

But this pretty much proves my point more... So thanks! 

Not really, Sia never describes Katy as a lyricist but like à boss who says yes or no.

untitled

Nnnnnnnn, this thread is just :saladga:

But please, continue

mj-popcorn.gif

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

blacklistedd

Aaaaand just for the record since my posts have gotten their fair amount of attention i'd just like to state that I don't hate Katy Perry or anything. I don't respect her and I don't find her interesting, but I don't hate her. Shes made some catchy songs that I enjoy and I don't think her albums are the worst things ive ever heard. They're just nothing. Just to round out my point of view.

FrankGutz

Alright, so shes the captain of that ship? Great. Doesnt negate my opinion that she has no personality, no point of view, and nothing to offer except the usual cliche top 40 fodder for individuals that don't care about creativity or anything beyond the confines of mainstream thought. If anything it makes me like her even less knowing that shes truly in charge of her own dull mediocrity.

Actually quite the opposite (although ive never actually sat through the entire movie, ive seen the first 10 minutes or so :adam:). Im not ignorant, I don't just hate artists because im some basic pop "stan" that has no spine or opinion. Ive listened to her albums, ive seen interviews, I know some about her personal life. None of it delivers anything of interest to me or imo popular culture in general. Shes made a catchy song or two, shes shoved down my throat as an american, all in all shes a big bore from her performance quality to her musical output and even her personal life a.k.a celebrity. Theres just nothing there imo. Shes like an overglorified Kelly Clarkson, a generic artist of which you hear as background noise while shopping for groceries or waiting in the dentists office. A ficus in a drab office building.

mte, lemme follow you

RkmxeGiAYILBFr2Y6n74VimjyioaLqKSCIcFjhiM

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Jay.P

That doesn't mean anything. She could start working on it right now and finish in 4-5 months :sweat:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Archived