💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it just me?

lxdygxga

Featured Posts

lxdygxga

Is it just me that is obsessed by the VMAs 2013 performance, and finds it to be one of her best performances? I can't stop watching it. Whilst the original concept sounds amazing, there's something so theatrical and triumphant about the introduction, and the infectious opening of Applause kicking in, not to mention the nostalgia trip of outfits, and the insane (and inhuman) change into the seashell bikini for the big closing dance scene.

I just think it was such a great performance, and wondered if anyone agreed that it was perhaps underrated? I see a lot of people mention Swinefest as a (duly deserved) highlight of the era, but don't often see the VMAs there, and I think it deserves more praise.

Noooo I love it very much I still cry when ı Watch it 

Glee1.gif

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

It's amazing.

The nostalgia, the energy, the backdrop, her vocals.

I love it. What a way to kick off ARTPOP.

Head Empty

The intro is really really amazing. I'm somewhat indifferent to the rest of the performance, mainly because the "novelty" of the quickchanges and thowback to old looks wore off on me quite quickly. She did an amazing job technically speaking though, the rehearsal must've been insane.

I see that clickbait title :usrs: It's definitely very different and was a spectacle in the moment and in relation to Swinefest - the fact that its versions of songs are preferred (mostly) to the album versions and it being the moment of debut for so many songs probably play a part in its more nostalgic position :shrug: Add to that that Gaga's performance was outshone by Miley and to a lessor extent Justin Timberlake.

Ignore the ****ty wording I'm tired :emma: 

Sister

It was a great one and fun to see too, when it happened.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

crybrowz

I think the concept was great but I wish she tried a little harder on the outfits. For example, she could have added a lightning bolt and the disco stick for TF. The TFM costume was literally just a yellow wig and I wish she would have also included the purple jacket and glasses. Also it kind of bothered me the BTW wasn't explicitly included, I know she said the intro was BTW but that doesn't really make sense to me. But I thought the intro was beautiful and the performance idea was great.

Slayer

I just want to watch it in freaking HD quality. I've only ever seen it in videos that I can only assume were filmed using a potato.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Swan Heart

It was amazing and it still is.. The whole thing is just fantastic!

..What a shame that nobody really payed that much attention to it because of the twerk fest. :crossed:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

yourfaves

I hope backstage footage of the costume change into seashell girl exists somewhere in the world and we may marvel at it one day. 

Archived