Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

VIDEO: Lady Gaga performed at Baku 2015 Opening Ceremony (1M+ views)

Fizzy

Featured Posts

Can someone fill me in?  Where is this, I mean I never heard of Baku.  From peoples posts it is a dictatorship place or country.  Why are people concerned Gaga is safe?  All I know from the video she gave a great performance and looked beautiful. 

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
degenerate

i hoped it would be amazing... but it was dreadful. Why does she force a false vibrato and slur in ballads these days? Why cant she just sing the damn song without butchery.

​Yeah I agree. She probably knows her voice doesn't really suit the song (nor do most voices, to be fair) so she tried to give it some flair especially because the song is kinda flat to begin with, which would usually be fine, but Gaga being Gaga she has to do something extra. I wouldn't say it was dreadful but the Dope slurs and the random belts did NOT work well. 'Imagine' is the epitome of a song that should not be butchered whatsoever.

VforVendetta

Gaga performed in a huge sports event that is organised from many countries WW, it has nothing to do with a dictatorship or something. Actually she is spreading s great message, you should be proud, lol.

bblough

​Do I have to bring my receipts or are you aware of how much of an asshole John Lennon was? Plus, his music is sh*t but that's a personal preference.

Why do you think John Lennon is an asshole?  

what's wrong with his music?

jorgeropero

Why is there always someone b---hing?

If you don't like it, well, okay, it is your opinion, but do not discredit the good work gaga did.

Why some of you always have to ruin it instead of enjoying Gaga singing...

It's like always, she does something you just have to say something bad.

Just enjoy omg :saladga:

Pierre

Amazing! :applause:  But in my personal taste, now I really dislike the, I don't know how to call it :duck:  dope voice and the dope high notes in the end. :laughga: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

kevinthesheep

I'm going to be completely honest and say I personally didn't like this performance. It started off pretty good but once she started the second verse, it sounded kinda messy.

Still love the b---h to death.

Doesn't change the fact that she is immensely talented.

I like around 80% of her performances. 

You don't have to like everything she does to be a fan :bye:

codymonster

Just watched it again, and I now love it a lot more.  You can just feel the passion radiating from every word. She's so amazing, and I think she's gonna blow a lot of non-fans away with that performance. She's so amazing :)

I can imagine John Lennon looking over Gaga during this and saying "She gets it."  Beautiful. 

Katie14

​Yeah I agree. She probably knows her voice doesn't really suit the song (nor do most voices, to be fair) so she tried to give it some flair especially because the song is kinda flat to begin with, which would usually be fine, but Gaga being Gaga she has to do something extra. I wouldn't say it was dreadful but the Dope slurs and the random belts did NOT work well. 'Imagine' is the epitome of a song that should not be butchered whatsoever.

​I don't understand what you guys are complaining about. It was a great emotional vocal performance. I agree it wasn't as impressive and vocally flawless as the Oscar's but it was still one of her best ever performances in my opinion.

I don't really like her heavy drowsy sounding "Dope" vocals either but I didn't mind it really here. The Dope voice was there at some points but it sounded lighter. I liked the belts. She started off more soft and delicate and then built up to them. I thought the contrast was very powerful. It added more texture and emotion to the performance.

Gaga's voice is so much more nuanced now than it used to be. Like the way she sings, "die for" at 2:39, "possessions" at 3:43, and "man" at 4:06.

I think Gaga is still in the process of improving and finding her sound. She sounds wonderful now but I just have this feeling that she is going to keep getting better and better.

probably got her to sing so they could assassinate her after the performance but she went straight to her plane by the sounds of it after stepping off the stage oops

Der Meister

​I don't understand what you guys are complaining about. It was a great emotional vocal performance. I agree it wasn't as impressive and vocally flawless as the Oscar's but it was still one of her best ever performances in my opinion.

I don't really like her heavy drowsy sounding "Dope" vocals either but I didn't mind it really here. The Dope voice was there at some points but it sounded lighter. I liked the belts. She started off more soft and delicate and then built up to them. I thought the contrast was very powerful. It added more texture and emotion to the performance.

Gaga's voice is so much more nuanced now than it used to be. Like the way she sings, "die for" at 2:39, "possessions" at 3:43, and "man" at 4:06.

I think Gaga is still in the process of improving and finding her sound. She sounds wonderful now but I just have this feeling that she is going to keep getting better and better.

​I feel exactly the same, it's like she is still saving the best for last.

Archived