Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

PC MUSIC

TheResidentZionist

Featured Posts

TheResidentZionist

i havent seen any thread regarding PC MUSIC so i thought it was time to share with the community the newest "ARTPOP" :Jase:

PC music is a pseudo-label created by A.G Cook but is shrouded in mystery. Stylistically they have taken all the discarded music genres of the past 20 years (happy hardcore, chipmunk voices ect) and have made it into something creative.

think of it as the most catchy music you will ever hear. the point of this movement is still being debated. some people this its a satirical attack on consumer culture and pop music. some think they are trying to take over pop music.

Members

Hannah Diamond- the "pop star" 

Every Night: https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/every-night

GFOTY( Girlfriend of the Year)- The bad girl 

Dont wanna do it: https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/dont-wanna-lets-do-it?in=pcmus/sets/volume1

QT- the alien pop star ( think gaga in the fame days)

HEY QT- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MQUleX1PeA

A.G Cook- the producer and founder of the label

Beautiful:https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/beautiful

SOPHIE- the mystery producer who has rarely been photographed. 

BIPP- https://soundcloud.com/msmsmsm/sophie-bipp

you all know of him as the guy who produced BITCH IM MADONNA with diplo 

most recently he produced a song for Namie Amuro and Hatsune Miku(opened for gaga) called B WHO I WANT TO B

https://soundcloud.com/clscl/physical

they are constanly coming out with music and there is at least 50 tracks on their soundcloud and they make alot of remixes

CALIFORNIA GURLS (QT REMIX): https://soundcloud.com/starfin/california-girls-qt-fader-rip

CALL ME MAYBE (WARLORD REMIX): https://soundcloud.com/pcmus/caladhort-warlord

Hope you guys enjoy these. it can be kind of annoying at first but then you'll catch yourself obsessively hitting repeat 

Kermit

Cannot find repeat button* 

HAPPY AF*

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

really find PC Music to be extremely grating

that being said, LIZ and Charli XCX have been working with SOPHIE on their new records so hopefully they can make it sound more human and less tuneless

PC Music is my favoriteeeee. OMG I really hope this is the future of pop. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

scrappy

I really love SOPHIE's stuff! Especially Hard, Lemonade and Bitch I'm Madonna.

ItsTommyBitch

Yasss slay SOPHIE :legend: 

B who I want 2 B is a bop :music: 

Btw, SOPHIE produced QT as well (the singer's real name is like Hayden Dunham I think :emma:

)

This is very J-pop actually :emma: Like it isn't something new sounding to me. There's a clear influence imo :shrug: especially to Japanese Techno-Pop :yes:, both in the high pitched feminine vocals and more. There are several Japanese producers I know of that do things like this; even using sparse english lyrics with techno, chiptune and synth heavy productions is a thing done often in Japanese Techno music. So is what I call "Mood writing" or writing lyrics with a mood or attitude in mind, rather than using them to have any sort of message or real meaning what so ever. Assonance and literary devices are popular there too, so sometimes words that just evoke emotions are used (hence "mood" ) or words that simply sound "pleasant to the ears", hence the often nonsensical or very basic and irrelevant seeming lyrics.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

TheResidentZionist

Yasss slay SOPHIE :legend: 

B who I want 2 B is a bop :music: 

Btw, SOPHIE produced QT as well (the singer's real name is like Hayden Dunham I think :emma:

)

This is very J-pop actually :emma: Like it isn't something new sounding to me. There's a clear influence imo :shrug: especially to Japanese Techno-Pop :yes:, both in the high pitched feminine vocals and more. There are several Japanese producers I know of that do things like this; even using sparse english lyrics with techno, chiptune and synth heavy productions is a thing done often in Japanese Techno music. So is what I call "Mood writing" or writing lyrics with a mood or attitude in mind, rather than using them to have any sort of message or real meaning what so ever. Assonance and literary devices are popular there too, so sometimes words that just evoke emotions are used (hence "mood" ) or words that simply sound "pleasant to the ears", hence the often nonsensical or very basic and irrelevant seeming lyrics.

​SOPHIE is my favorite!!!!!!!

QT is a collab between AG COOK and SOPHIE and Hayden Dunham technically dosent sing on the track she is just the personification of the Hey QT energy drink

its VERY jpop nice connection!

i personally think most pop has inane and irrelevant lyrics with obvious exceptions (gaga ect) but with PC music i think its a stylistic choice.

TheResidentZionist

really find PC Music to be extremely grating

that being said, LIZ and Charli XCX have been working with SOPHIE on their new records so hopefully they can make it sound more human and less tuneless

​agreed but dont you think inherently that pop music these days is tuneless and inhuman? why is this perception of  emotional realness in ones music prioritized over something that is bright fun and pleasurable? 

ItsTommyBitch

​SOPHIE is my favorite!!!!!!!

QT is a collab between AG COOK and SOPHIE and Hayden Dunham technically dosent sing on the track she is just the personification of the Hey QT energy drink

i personally think most pop has inane and irrelevant lyrics with obvious exceptions (gaga ect) but with PC music i think its a stylistic choice.

​Ohhhh that makes sense :yes: I was like "i know shes a performance artist..." so I just assumed the rest. 

Often times lyrics like these are a stylistic choice, which I actually really love. It just frustrates me when people are so high and mighty on what "good" is in music :smh: Lyrics have to be deep, they can't be too obvious or blunt, they have to be from stereotypical positions, have to be original, etc. Why cant they just be fun sometimes? Things dont have to make sense, songs dont have to be out to prove something. I love that J-Pop is such a diverse genre because both kinds of "artistry" have room to shine tbh, where as things like that would be frowned upon in America under the guise of being "basic" or something silly :miley: But I digress, Thanks for this thread, even if not many people comment on it :laughga: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

TheResidentZionist

​Ohhhh that makes sense :yes: I was like "i know shes a performance artist..." so I just assumed the rest. 

Often times lyrics like these are a stylistic choice, which I actually really love. It just frustrates me when people are so high and mighty on what "good" is in music :smh: Lyrics have to be deep, they can't be too obvious or blunt, they have to be from stereotypical positions, have to be original, etc. Why cant they just be fun sometimes? Things dont have to make sense, songs dont have to be out to prove something. I love that J-Pop is such a diverse genre because both kinds of "artistry" have room to shine tbh, where as things like that would be frowned upon in America under the guise of being "basic" or something silly :miley: But I digress, Thanks for this thread, even if not many people comment on it :laughga: 

​of course! im glad you even replied at all!  i just think the GGD community would be super into this and im shocked there hasnt been a thread already! 

Music snobbishness is just so boring in my opinion! i think satire can be one of the most effective and smart ways to be both critical as well as appreciative of something! at the end of the day the people of PC music are dissatisfied with Pops current landscape and are changing it! they clearly know there stuff! i agree with you that J-pop embraces change and differences better than American Pop. Not to be a "music snob " or anything but frankly i don't understand the draw of Beyonces music for example....i dont see any depth at all. in contrast one may view PC music as lacking depth but i disagree, the amount of thought and effort is palpable when you listen to it!

Dont worry @ItsVenusBitch next year when PC music is the hottest thing and everyone wants a HEy QT energy drink we will have the last laugh :P

​agreed but dont you think inherently that pop music these days is tuneless and inhuman? why is this perception of  emotional realness in ones music prioritized over something that is bright fun and pleasurable? 

​I wouldn't agree with that statement. The vocals in PC Music songs have been even more dehumanized than in mainstream pop music. I'm not saying I don't like synthetic sounds, obviously because I listen to synth-pop, but the music just sounds soulless. The lyrics are pointless and the beats are jagged and don't convey anything. I appreciate what they're trying to accomplish on the label, but it's just crap imo...

Archived