💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Opinion : Some Of Gaga's Fans Are Ungrateful Lately

antpats2

Featured Posts

Ronk

Yes, people think about the product rather than the person.  But people, even fans, are people, with their own outlooks about what is important and their own points of view.  Gaga sees the best in everyone, not just those that like her and care about her personally.

When I was a teen I didn't know or care what artists were like as people.  I only cared about the music.  Somehow, with Gaga it's the opposite.  Sure, her music is great, but it's her personal qualities that are most impressive to me.  Her dedication, hard work, and commitment to helping people and spreading kindness, acceptance, bravery, and positivity.  Her music brings joy to millions, but her personal endeavors help people directly in real and meaningful ways, even changing lives.  She has won plenty of awards recognizing her achievements as an artist, but how can she ever be thanked enough for all she has done to help people?

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay

Yes, people think about the product rather than the person.  But people, even fans, are people, with their own outlooks about what is important and their own points of view.  Gaga sees the best in everyone, not just those that like her and care about her personally.

When I was a teen I didn't know or care what artists were like as people.  I only cared about the music.  Somehow, with Gaga it's the opposite.  Sure, her music is great, but it's her personal qualities that are most impressive to me.  Her dedication, hard work, and commitment to helping people and spreading kindness, acceptance, bravery, and positivity.  Her music brings joy to millions, but her personal endeavors help people directly in real and meaningful ways, even changing lives.  She has won plenty of awards recognizing her achievements as an artist, but how can she ever be thanked enough for all she has done to help people?

Don't forget she's donating some of the proceeds from her pet line to help animals. Imagine how many animals won't be put to sleep because Gaga gave them money. 

Ronk

Don't forget she's donating some of the proceeds from her pet line to help animals. Imagine how many animals won't be put to sleep because Gaga gave them money. 

​Well, she always tries to help wherever she can.  It's just built into who she is as a person.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Nicole

I really don't think we should be grateful. What for? She didn't do anything good since the AP era.

She should be grateful to us, without us she would be nothing, and that we are still here after the AP era an an enitre era of singing nothing but jazz - not something her original audience (fans) is into.

And also I don't get why we should love Gaga as a person. You never spent a day with her, you never had a conversation. She is not your friend. She is not your family. She is a musician. I honestly don't understand people who love her for her as person more than they love her for her music. (and no I'm not saying it's wrong if someone does, but it doesn't make sense to me). She is a musician. I am interested in her work. She can keep her personal life for herself. So if I see her doing random things instead of giving me music - the one reason why I care about her - then of course I'm not that enthusiastic. 

​Why should we be grateful? She gave us music. She is continuing to give us music even though in my opinion the fanbase as a whole doesn't deserve **** because of the way some fans act towards jazz music, ARTPOP (the album) and just what she's choosing to do in general. I'm not implying that everyone here should love the jazz music, because you don't have to. Everyone has a particular album, song, outfit, performance etc they don't like. 

And you don't need to love Gaga "as a person" - no. we've never spent a day with her etc. But we do know one thing - she is human. She is a human with human feelings and human thoughts. Forgive us if sometimes we wonder how she feels having so many fans who are so under appreciative 

Guest ARTPOPSlays

I totally agree with you!! :applause: Let Gaga do what she wants! I haven't complained once about wanting new pop music from Gaga and I won't complain at all! I actually love Cheek to Cheek, but I still yearn for more Pop or other genes Gaga. In just living in the moment loving what she's doing and loving seeing her actually be happy. Do you remember when she used to walk around depressed..., we all know what depression does to her. Tony has helped her so much, and if it weren't for him we probably wouldn't even see her doing any music as of now...I am so happy that Gaga is living her dream, I am very proud of her and all that she has accomplished!! We have to respect her, besides the hip injury and maybe a few minor things, Gaga has been working non stop since before 2008 when she made her big debut. Even during the injury she was still working. She is not a machine that can just keep going, she is not a robot. I know it's hard because she said that there would be no pop Gaga comcerts at all this year..., she NEEDS rest. She will come back strong, stronger then what he already is. STOP THE DRAMA START THE MUSIC:kissga:

Brad

That's what annoys me about certain fans. Yes, her career has rough patches, but that doesn't mean you stop loving her. She's not a coat that has been put away for the summer only to be worn again when you need her. She's a human being. A human being that saved my life and many others as well. People are just ungrateful pricks and those are the ones who need to leave this fandom.

#𝟏 𝐁𝐢𝐎𝐍𝐢𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

Bad Bromance

This is just my opinion so please don't drag me for it or anything. If you're going to disagree, then please discuss it in a mature way. 

Ok so I've really noticed lately that people seem to only like Gaga for her music, rather than for herself, or anything else she has to offer. This isn't ALL fans, but quite a few. Whenever Gaga says she has an announcement, everyone runs and assumes that it's about new music, and blame her when it isn't music related and get disappointed which is not fair. If you haven't already picked up on it, Gaga is being very secretive about this new album, besides a few lyrics and studio pics here and there because she wants to keep everything under wraps and its a great strategy and i hope she continues with it. Of course i would love an announcement about new music but im fine with waiting. Gaga gave us Cheek To Cheek less than a year ago, and most fans haven't even given it a chance which isn't fair to her. She spent 2 years at least working on that album and although it's had alot of success, its unfair of fans to act like she hasn't released music since 2013. Obviously some fans will only be here for 'pop music' but disregarding and shading CTC doesn't do anything. It means alot to Gaga and i don't think she would be happy seeing fans say bad comments about it, especially after the comments she got for ARTPOP which were totally unfair. When she announced the new dog clothing and food line, so many fans were saying horrible comments. Not even caring about all the 6-8 months of hard work done for this project. I just wish people would be a bit more mature and whenever an announcement about new music comes, then it will be the right time. But for now, accept that Gaga wants to focus on other things besides music, like her wedding, dogs, pet food and clothing line, perfumes etc. This isn't targeted at anyone in particular but I've just noticed this for quite a long time now and i hope there's others out there who agree with me. 

​A very well thought out post!   :applause: At the end of the day, some of the members here will find any reason to complain about Gaga.  I don't let those people bring me down because my love and appreciation for Gaga will never change.

Thank you so much for saying something that I'm sure a lot of us were thinking but didn't want to say anything for fear of being ridiculed. 

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Creyk

​Why should we be grateful? She gave us music. She is continuing to give us music even though in my opinion the fanbase as a whole doesn't deserve **** because of the way some fans act towards jazz music, ARTPOP (the album) and just what she's choosing to do in general. I'm not implying that everyone here should love the jazz music, because you don't have to. Everyone has a particular album, song, outfit, performance etc they don't like. 

​But why is that something to be grateful for, idgi :duck:

She is a musician, it is her job. She has to give us music. It's not like she is doing us a favor. She is under a contract. And we give her our money in exchange, so we are even. It's not like she is making some big sacrifice for us, she is living her dream. :shrug:

Nicole

Edit: meant to be reply to above.

By that logic we shouldn't be grateful for doctors because they chose that career path and we pay for that service, or that we shouldn't be grateful for teachers because they also chose that career path.

Being grateful for something/someone has nothing to do whether or not someone is contractually obliged to provide us with goods or a service. It's common human decency.

At the end of the day, making music is her job, yes But just like any job, she can quit. That is what this fan base forgets. She could quit tomorrow if she wanted to. And it's for that reason that this fanbase, I believe, should be grateful + appreciative of what she is giving us in this moment. 

MarryTheSequins

i think we all need to stop assuming that everybody here loves Gaga as much as you and I do. I've learned in my years here that a lot of members are casual fans and some are actually just quite neutral towards her: this is a big forum with lots of mods and organisation. Gaga isn't everybody's favourite here.

I think it's better to have the attitude of 'just don't be an a**hole, instead of BE GREATEFUL FOR WHAT GODGA HAS GIVEN US!!!! lol. If you have a negative opinion, if you don't like an outfit, a song or even an entire album, it's fine. Just try and keep it in one place, we don't need multiple threads that trash Gaga, we don't need to constantly hear the same words over and over again. I mean, even massive amounts of praise threads for one thing would be tiring right?

At the end of the day, this is her job. While she is super sweet towards fans and passionate about what she does, I think she just deserves respect more than gratitude. If you want to be thankful then that's great! Just let other fans have their own opinions as long as they are respectful.

vanus

about the dogs line....I’m not mad about Gaga doing a clothing line for dogs, I’m mad that she hyped an announcement on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and even had her manager tweet the same thing. I wasn’t expecting new music but I was expecting something justified like a teaser for American Horror Story or something about her wedding but she could have spared us the stress and just made a simple announcement without the a tweet beforehand.

imma cut a bitch

barcodemonster

I really want more music too but she was nonstop busy from 2008- 2014 im glad she has time now to recharge her batteries 

scan my barcode

Slayer

Lately??

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Archived