💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga win an Oscar with "Till It Happens to You"? (SERIOUS QUESTION)

LePetitGAGABLover

Featured Posts

GloZell Green

It's not a joke.

Oh :neyde: Oops

I still think that it's not that hard to get nominated for an Oscar. Not that much people write a song for a movie/documentary/film. 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

I still think that it's not that hard to get nominated for an Oscar. Not that much people write a song for a movie/documentary/film. 

Last year, there were 80 songs that made the final list, before they narrowed it down to the five songs that were nominated. 

Bad Monster Kid

It's definitely a possibility. See You Again will be a favorite and we could see more strong contenders emerge before the submission deadline. 

CannaeDrive

Yes.

And for those saying Gaga won't be nominated for the song, only Diane :

Gaga is credited as a co-writer AND producer for TIHTY.

It is even mentioned in the end credits of the movie "The Hunting Ground".

So she will definitely be nominated for that song.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

SweetEscape

I hope it at least gets a nomination :pray:

I absolutely love the song :giveup:

andy232000

Is she? I thought it was confirmed that Gaga was just the vocalist.

supposedly gaga produced the song, but she wasnt credited no where in the film. (i looked)

Born Brave

Yes she can. The song has a wonderful meaning and completely backs up the purpose of the film. 

ManuelColon

The song CAN get an Oscar nomination, and i see it happening quite easily.

The song is good enough to be nominated, Diane Warren is an Oscar voters favorite, being nominated 7 times, including a very unexpected nomination this year for Grateful, a song that is not really that good, and is sung by Rita Ora.

Gaga is loved by the producers, as we all know, she performed this year, and the whole world received it with tons of good comments. After such a huge success, she is even more loved by the producers, this mix could very easily give them a nomination and a shot at winning. 

If it gets released on Itunes and it does good, then that's one more reason for the song to be nominated. I have good hopes and the documentary it's poised for a nomination too.

TropicOfCANCER

The song CAN get an Oscar nomination, and i see it happening quite easily.

The song is good enough to be nominated, Diane Warren is an Oscar voters favorite, being nominated 7 times, including a very unexpected nomination this year for Grateful, a song that is not really that good, and is sung by Rita Ora.

Gaga is loved by the producers, as we all know, she performed this year, and the whole world received it with tons of good comments. After such a huge success, she is even more loved by the producers, this mix could very easily give them a nomination and a shot at winning. 

If it gets released on Itunes and it does good, then that's one more reason for the song to be nominated. I have good hopes and the documentary it's poised for a nomination too.

Thank you for finally giving a logical and accurate answer to this thread.

Whispering

supposedly gaga produced the song, but she wasnt credited no where in the film. (i looked)

Gaga was credited as a writer in the closing credits of the documentary and she is listed as a co-writer on BMI. Where did you look? You must have missed these two reliable sources...both which credit Gaga as a songwriter on TIHTY. 

TimisaMonster

No... :saladga: 

That's like saying Dope could....they practically sound the same :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived