đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

They may have more commercial success but no impact

Quark

Featured Posts

Yanko

​You clearly have no idea what impact means, so here, I looked it up for you:

the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force onor produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others

meaning, someone does sometihng which then becomes trendy/others start following it

Let's be clear there is NOTHING influental about Rihanna since she always jumps on trends and has no creative imput whatsoever. I like her songs but let's not act like she's something special

There is a difference between popularity and impact

​yeah i kinda agree on rihanna people like her they use her bops thats it   

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

Some people here are confusing success for impact once again.. There's a differance between these two, just sayin'..

giphy.gif

And yes, Nowdays Gaga clearly has more influence and imapct then pretty much everyone combined... and a few hits does not change that. If it wasn't Gaga, the music industry would have been completely different. Can't say that for no one else.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Quark

​i am ta;lking about the same exact structure that dark horse has 

im not talking about every single urban hit in last 10 years 

Like I keep saying after EDM and Ballads, Urban/trap style of music began to rise in mid to late 2013 on mainstream radio. When I first heard DH, it became clear that Katy was just following the new wave of trap/urban music was already popular on the radio.

SISTERV

​Who really cares about whose made more impact or not? Not even gaga cares if her peers are more impactful or not. 

Totally disagree. Gaga doesn't care about money or #1s but she definitely has always cared about being influential and impactful. Its one of her main characteristics. She has made that clear since the beginning.

sia has titanium she wolf chandelier elastic heart and many other hits that gp loves 

she has had a huge impact especially last year with chandelier 

Titanium and Chandelier are Sia's only GP recognizable songs that have had lasting impact and even Titanium is technically a David Guetta song, not hers. 

​During the whole 2013, I hear more pop/edm songs than any urban song or urban inspired song. I am not saying Katy invented the urban genre, but she made it popular with her hit single, "Dark Horse". Ever since DH became a hit, more artist are following her, hopping on the bandwagon she started. 

The hip-hop-meets-pop trend started with Miley months before Katy even revealed snippets of Dark Horse. Not to mention Katy's Prism album is a congested cluster**** of genres the industry was foreshadowing would become popular, I.e. Dark Horse being hip hop influenced, Walking on Air being disco influenced, and Roar being an attempt at a juvenile attempt of a Sara Bareilles song.

​not even adele? 

Adele has had massive influence on making ballads popular again when music became EDM influenced primarily. But that was one era. Gaga had three solid eras of evolution and growth in popularity. Adele still needs to show she can do it again before she gets compared to Gaga tbh. She can do it, she just hasn't yet. 

​Beyonce and I don't even like her music or her as a person but I can't deny she's been a massive influence on pop culture and outside of pop culture as well since she does many humane work to help others.

Bingo. The only pop musician in the game today who can stack up to Gaga, and that's more due to longevity than having one or more massive eras the wag Gaga has. 

Yanko

Like I keep saying after EDM and Ballads, Urban/trap style of music began to rise in mid to late 2013 on mainstream radio. When I first heard DH, it became clear that Katy was just following the new wave of trap/urban music ss already on the radio.

​again i requist at least 3 links for hits that had same structure as dark horse before dark horse started smashing 

Fiona Apple

​small

she had great amount of imact especially last year 

and lana had an impact too

songs like these dont go mainsteam but she managed to do that and her debut sold more than 6 million ww and it's still selling 

shes also been a part on a lot of soundtrack 

​Impact is not the same thing with success....

SISTERV

​again i requist at least 3 links for hits that had same structure as dark horse before dark horse started smashing 

Listen to Iggy Azalea's Trap Gold mix tape from early 2013 or go to any of your douchey raver friends Facebook page around 2012 and you can clearly see trap was going to influence 2013/2014 pop the way dubstep ended up influencing Britney Spears' Femme Fatale album. Its nothing new. 

Yanko

​Impact is not the same thing with success....

​if you want to make an impact it has to be successfull and everything you qioted had impact

lana opened door for more alternative direction and sia's voice is recognizable everywhere

edm music + unique vocals   

chandelier had huge influence it will be  remembered as one the best songs this decade

Quark

Is not about the structure, but more about the overall sound. The music that was popular before DH release had big bass, repetitive electronic melodies, and trappy beats.

Yanko

Listen to Iggy Azalea's Trap Gold mix tape from early 2013 or go to any of your douchey raver friends Facebook page around 2012 and you can clearly see trap was going to influence 2013/2014 pop the way dubstep ended up influencing Britney Spears' Femme Fatale album. Its nothing new. 

​again im waiting for links to the songs that have the exact same structure as dark horse before dark horse 

not talking about underground irrelevent trap influenced tracks 

of course the gerne trap and urban existed before dark horse

katy didnt invent that **** 

SISTERV

​small

she had great amount of imact especially last year 

and lana had an impact too

songs like these dont go mainsteam but she managed to do that and her debut sold more than 6 million ww and it's still selling 

shes also been a part on a lot of soundtrack 

I'm gonna be honest with you. How many girls/drag queens/gay boys do you hear say they want to be like Sia or Lana Del Rey eventually? Now back up to 2009-2011. How many girls/drag queens/gay boys did you hear say or act like they wanted to be Lady Gaga?

Honey, that is the difference between a string of Top Ten hits and Cultural Impact.

And that's the damn truth.

Yanko

Is not about the structure, but more about the overall sound. The music that was popular before DH release had big bass, repetitive electronic melodies, and trappy beats.

​the songs that i posted have the exact same structure as dark horse  im talking about structure not urban/trap sound 

I came in here thinking there'd actually be something worth reading, guess it's same ol' same ol'

Yanko

I'm gonna be honest with you. How many girls/drag queens/gay boys do you hear say they want to be like Sia or Lana Del Rey eventually? Now back up to 2009-2011. How many girls/drag queens/gay boys did you hear say or act like they wanted to be Lady Gaga?

Honey, that is the difference between a string of Top Ten hits and Cultural Impact.

And that's the damn truth.

​i dont really have a contact with drags and gay boys and i dont care who they want to be like

none of those lana songs were top 10 :smh: 

SISTERV

​again im waiting for links to the songs that have the exact same structure as dark horse before dark horse 

not talking about underground irrelevent trap influenced tracks 

of course the gerne trap and urban existed before dark horse

katy didnt invent that **** 

Well if you are looking for songs that have the same exact structure as Dark Horse, you need not to look past hitting the next button on your Prism CD, where you will discover that all of Katy's music is the same damn song with different lyrics and a different souped up synth created by Dr. Luke or Max Martin. ;)

Archived