💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

-

KING5KAT

Featured Posts

ashamednudist

Sounds like a rough demo of something cool-ish ,

But lyrics are very tacky and cliche to be honest . .

ashamednudist

is this you?

yes

lmao no i tought notifications as replys and answered it im a mess

Creyk

What's up with the 40 seconds long intro? Way too long

Harry

yes

lmao no i tought notifications as replys and answered it im a mess

​huh I'm so confused now :toofunny:

Dawson

Hi Felix.

This is frustrating because it IS SO CLOSE to being a smash. I don't love the vocals, they sound too clean for this type of song. Feels like it should sound grungier or something.

The hook is AMAZING, it just needs a bit of a bigger OOMPH behind it to really kick it off.

The intro is too long as others have said, get them hooked immediately.

It feels like it is all going to build up into a midnight city epic chorus and falls flat at 00:35. Big drums.

(also, no one likes 50% previews anymore. If you want to sell a song, show everyone what it is made of, get them hooked)

Sounds like a fantastic demo, not quite ready for the big release, but only because it has so much more potential with the right visual look behind it too (artwork etc.) and the less obvious "THE SONG" "THE ALBUM" lady gaga marketing.

I WANT THIS TO SMASH

Xgongiviguess

Debut?? didn't you release an EP and singles last year??

KING5KAT

Hi Felix.

This is frustrating because it IS SO CLOSE to being a smash. I don't love the vocals, they sound too clean for this type of song. Feels like it should sound grungier or something.

The hook is AMAZING, it just needs a bit of a bigger OOMPH behind it to really kick it off.

The intro is too long as others have said, get them hooked immediately.

It feels like it is all going to build up into a midnight city epic chorus and falls flat at 00:35. Big drums.

(also, no one likes 50% previews anymore. If you want to sell a song, show everyone what it is made of, get them hooked)

Sounds like a fantastic demo, not quite ready for the big release, but only because it has so much more potential with the right visual look behind it too (artwork etc.) and the less obvious "THE SONG" "THE ALBUM" lady gaga marketing.

I WANT THIS TO SMASH

​I promised to all my friends I'd put out a preview even though I know what needs changing. I promise you I will get this one perfect. I can hear what's wrong with the vocals and some of the mixing but I've got time to sort them out. If you want I can send you the whole thing and you can tell me what you think when it's done?

Also to answer any questions about the length, the radio edit comes out May 29th and then the full version with the video, I've thought about the market and how some people like myself love long intros and listening to the music and getting a feel for a song and what it's about and then there's people who love songs and want to just enjoy the best parts of them so that's why I've taken that approach. The long intro (and outro) are there for a reason. You'll understand in time when I post more about the song but every track on this album has been thought out down to the last detail. I promise you if you stick by this project when it starts you will love every second of it because I am putting everything into making it work this time. I'm glad you've commented so detailed because it's pushed me further to really go the extra mile to make this one the best. You have no idea how epic the last chorus is to this song, that's what I love in a song, progression. 

I've left the preview empty of any colour or images so that people actually listen. So to sum up, I am going to make it perfect for when it the time arrives to release it.

KING5KAT

Debut?? didn't you release an EP and singles last year??

​Haha I released some ****ty crap that I ain't proud of but we learn. Gaga always makes plans and doesn't do it, I'm the same, I get excited when something sparks and post it everywhere I can even though I shouldn't. In the last year I've just watched my whole life fall to pieces around me cos I got into some bad things, but I didn't see that until I was out of it. I went though so much emotional damage because I was in love with one of my best friends and getting involved in other things and when you mix the two you get MDNIGHT. It's got no letter 'I' because it stands for MD night, the d--g that makes you love everybody. The song is based on a night I had last October when me and my friends went to a club in London and I met this girl who was literally the girl of my dreams, she loved Lykke Li and we had this long conversation and it got really flirty and then I saw that friend of mine who I liked and basically blew my shot with this girl by kissing them in front of her because it makes you love anyone you mention, and in the long run it really wasn't worth it and I missed my shot. The song 'Mdnight' is a reflection on that night and it's basically a song to the girl saying "Hello baby, you remember me?" as in you remember me from that night and the lyrics are all meant to be recalling that conversation we had. I know they're cliche by they fit the bill for this specific song. I always use different writing styles. The long intro to the song is the 'come up' when the d--g starts effecting you and when you hear the full song you'll notice the long outro because that's the come down, when the d--g starts losing it's effect and it gets really dirty. The production is meant to sound really synthetic because that's what the d--g is, man-made. The album is meant to be a 'trip' of all musical experiences and I've worked so hard to make these song the best I can. I know you didn't ask for an explanation but I want you to understand that I think this is the real thing. I'm not sharing the preview widely yet because it's not ready and I wanted people who I know that will listen to it to be surprised when they hear the finished version.

If you give me a chance I think I can do something brilliant.

KING5KAT

What's up with the 40 seconds long intro? Way too long

​Explained above but it's got a reason. The radio edit comes out before the full song anyway so people won't have to tolerate it ;)

KING5KAT

Sounds like a rough demo of something cool-ish ,

But lyrics are very tacky and cliche to be honest . .

​By the time it's released it will be perfect. I am a perfectionist and I can hear what needs doing. I hope you'll like the finished version. The music video is something special to me too.

Xgongiviguess

​Haha I released some ****ty crap that I ain't proud of but we learn. Gaga always makes plans and doesn't do it, I'm the same, I get excited when something sparks and post it everywhere I can even though I shouldn't. In the last year I've just watched my whole life fall to pieces around me cos I got into some bad things, but I didn't see that until I was out of it. I went though so much emotional damage because I was in love with one of my best friends and getting involved in other things and when you mix the two you get MDNIGHT. It's got no letter 'I' because it stands for MD night, the d--g that makes you love everybody. The song is based on a night I had last October when me and my friends went to a club in London and I met this girl who was literally the girl of my dreams, she loved Lykke Li and we had this long conversation and it got really flirty and then I saw that friend of mine who I liked and basically blew my shot with this girl by kissing them in front of her because it makes you love anyone you mention, and in the long run it really wasn't worth it and I missed my shot. The song 'Mdnight' is a reflection on that night and it's basically a song to the girl saying "Hello baby, you remember me?" as in you remember me from that night and the lyrics are all meant to be recalling that conversation we had. I know they're cliche by they fit the bill for this specific song. I always use different writing styles. The long intro to the song is the 'come up' when the d--g starts effecting you and when you hear the full song you'll notice the long outro because that's the come down, when the d--g starts losing it's effect and it gets really dirty. The production is meant to sound really synthetic because that's what the d--g is, man-made. The album is meant to be a 'trip' of all musical experiences and I've worked so hard to make these song the best I can. I know you didn't ask for an explanation but I want you to understand that I think this is the real thing. I'm not sharing the preview widely yet because it's not ready and I wanted people who I know that will listen to it to be surprised when they hear the finished version.

If you give me a chance I think I can do something brilliant.

​that is just beautiful, definitely changed my perspective of the song and I'm kind of excited to listen to it now!! 

and I love how you talked about the 'trip' because I'm also doing something similar with my music where the song starts on one note and as the song progresses it takes you through a completely different vibe and when the song ends you're like "woah how did we get here?' so I totally understand and I can't wait to hear the final product

KING5KAT

​that is just beautiful, definitely changed my perspective of the song and I'm kind of excited to listen to it now!! 

​Thank you. You really made my day for understanding. You have no idea how many hours I sit making the song as best, choosing the right sounds to compliment the lyrics and content to get people loving music and listening to music properly. If you listen to the preview again with headphones it might change your perspective more? I want to make a listening experience for the person that goes with the song's theme so that they can relate more. I know not everybody is going to like or understand what I make but I don't need that, I want to connect with the people who understand music and appreciate it as an art and give every song the treatment they deserve. I believe in them so much because of the sentiment I hold to each one, they're all special to me in their own way. If you want to know anything else ask away because I want you to feel involved in this journey as much as me, so I will explain anything you want to you. 

Archived