Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
rumor

RedOne EXPOSES Lady Gaga on her songwriting

Supersonic

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

I've been telling this for such a long time tbh, she writes like 95% of every song and others contribute usually for the hook or for some catchy part, or to fix the lyrics to work with the melody, and that's all..

Unlike, well, some other artists..

And she doesn't have to put their names on that list, but she still does :applause: 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

the shade is thick :legend:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

​It's too many people. Don't bother replying, you wont change my mind.

Often one producer and lot's of sound engineers. When Gaga would need help for lyrics she would engage singer songwriters like Katy Perry, Beyonce and Rihanna do (;

I hope people learn what's the difference between producers, sound engineers and song-writers LOL

Look when other people get credits in Gaga songs - you see that it's for fast pop / edm stuff and not for ballads. And only producers and sound engineers get them.  And when you can add one and one together, you can also understand it how it comes. Keyword: Arrangement ( incorporating small changes in the text )

Jesse Pinkman

If she really cared about you, you would've been on ARTPOP

:awkney: 

It's science, bitch

Hexxx

:awkney: 

:lmao: I need to start adding derpga to my sentences

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Haroon

If this is true then that's very nice of her :flutter: 

Regardless, we'll still never know how much each person credited actually contributes to the overall product :shrug: I'll believe an artist writes 100% of the song and nothing less (even if others have simply changed syntax or etc) when it's only their name present on the credits :yes: 

Antoni

Where was this interview? Like what publication? I believe the quote, just want to know for myself lol

My name isn't Timmers

Bio

I don't doubt some of this is true but seeing as there is no source to this I'm calling it bull****

he starts to talk about their work process on 5:30.

ps: it's not the source of this post. 

Celina

still no source?

BS lol

​Still, probably not that far from the truth, seeing as Garibay has said something similar (and that was definitely real)

StrawberryBlond

So glad to see this. Source or not, this kind of thing has been said about Gaga before, so it's true either way. We need more people like her in the industry, not these "artists" who have their name on the credits despite only writing/changing one line/word or even worse, claiming credit for a song they flat out didn't write (not naming names, but you all know some of these culprits). It maddens me when people think Gaga just plays a tiny part in her lyrics just because there's quite a lot of names on her credits (not on BTW there isn't, though). Being a popstar is likely the reason why this is so. So many people don't want to believe a popstar can be talented and smart, particularly if they're a woman and they not particularly acoustic-driven.

Taylor Swift fans especially love slating Gaga for apparently not writing a whole album on her own, unlike their fave. They don't stop to realise that since Taylor went more pop, more songwriters have started appearing on the credits and she's on a whole lot less production credits now. Her first 3 albums were all 100% co-written and co-produced by her. But Max Martin and Shellback co-wrote and produced half of her last 2 albums, including bonus tracks and Taylor may have played a role in all the lyrics, but she only co-produced half of each album. This is just what happens in pop music - it involves a bit of electronics, which you might not be trained in, meaning you have to branch out with production as you're unfit to handle it all. Thing is, Gaga does some of that too, which is why she still has almost all her production credits, minus a few here and there.

DeleteMyAccount

So that's why she has so many credits for the album.  Lady Generous. :hug:

Raikov

It bothers me, though, when people are like "Gaga writes all her own lyrics, it's the music the other co-writers help her with."

The music is what I'm here for! I love Gaga as a songwriter (by which I mean the musical aspect), not really as a lyricist. I'd honestly rather it be the other way around, where she writes all the music but gets help with her lyrics.

And until I get a source for that quote, I'm going to assume it's fake. I'm not saying it necessarily is... but I won't believe it until I get a source. People make up a lot of stuff nowadays and some of it is incredibly convincing.

In any case, I believe Fernando (it was him, right?) when he said Gaga is generous with songwriting credits. Her pre-Gaga work where she was basically working alone shows her talent when it comes to songwriting. And the fact that she was a songwriter for other artists like the ***cat Dolls shows that she was valued for her ability to write a song besides being able to sing/dance/whatever. I do think the Donatella/Aura type deal where she writes a melody on top of a pre-existing instrumental is a step back for her, but that's two songs out of her whole discography. If she starts getting into production, too, she may end up having more solo credits.

Archived