💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Inquisitr: Rihanna flops with new single: She's no Taylor Swift

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Some of you don't follow Rihanna's career in barley anyway and then want to try to act like you know what you're talking about :lmao: 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
badgalriri

​Lol you guys are so annoying and delusional :laughga:

​lol you sound annoying and delusional for not thinking ARTPOP was garbage

Bradley

I said it was her first solo single in years. BBHMM didn't get a video because it was obvious that it wasn't going to do well. There was no sense in pouring money into a song like this one. If it would have been song that listeners responded to positively, radio would have played it! Radios love to get something different to put in their playlist mix!

Radio play was helped by the fact that it was Rihanna AND Kanya AND Paul McCartney. For a song that had everything going for it, including a debut on The Grammys, it fell short of expectations.

I have absolutely nothing against Rihanna and I enjoy some of her music, but this era has not been a good one thusfar. They need to find a better single to send out. 

​A video could have changed everything, you guys just don't get the influence a music video can have, do you? With Rihanna's publicity, she can easily go up to 200 million views and BBHMM could have been a different story.

BBHMM indeed was her first solo single, but all the public attention was given to FourFiveSeconds, so there was no reason this song was supposed to do good, it was a second single after all.

How did FourFiveSeconds fall short of expectations? I'm not sure it's the chart or music you're talking about but FourFiveSeconds did well in both aspects. With charts like that, how was that a bad single? How was that not a hit? I wish Do What U Want was that good. I wish G.U.Y. was that good. The melody and new sound Rihanna apporached as highly praised by critics, so there's no point commenting on that. (I would also like to share that my brother and mother complimented FourFiveSeconds considering they both didn't really like her usual music)

It's not bad, it's just a little experimental and people need to stop encouraging commercial music. I think Rihanna's been doing a good job and everyone's preventing her from exploring herself.

Bradley

​lol you sound annoying and delusional for not thinking ARTPOP was garbage

​I have been defending Rihanna my whole life but the fact that you call ARTPOP garbage just made Navy's reputation worse.

ARTPOP is far from garbage, it's a gem.

Whispering

​A video could have changed everything, you guys just don't get the influence a music video can have, do you? With Rihanna's publicity, she can easily go up to 200 million views and BBHMM could have been a different story.

BBHMM indeed was her first solo single, but all the public attention was given to FourFiveSeconds, so there was no reason this song was supposed to do good, it was a second single after all.

How did FourFiveSeconds fall short of expectations? I'm not sure it's the chart or music you're talking about but FourFiveSeconds did well in both aspects. With charts like that, how was that a bad single? How was that not a hit? I wish Do What U Want was that good. I wish G.U.Y. was that good. The melody and new sound Rihanna apporached as highly praised by critics, so there's no point commenting on that. (I would also like to share that my brother and mother complimented FourFiveSeconds considering they both didn't really like her usual music)

It's not bad, it's just a little experimental and people need to stop encouraging commercial music. I think Rihanna's been doing a good job and everyone's preventing her from exploring herself.

Talking about Gaga is off topic, sis. Don't want ya to get in trouble. :hug:

Yeah, you are probably right, a video would have made all the diffeence in the world!! And 45s probs did mess things up. :ohno:

Love that your Mom and brother loved 45s. So many of my friends love AO and especially the video!

It don't matter bae, just passing the time and all that! I think Rihanna has taken some cool chances and this last video of hers is the video of the year, no doubt! She just needs to find a song that is more radio friendly so everyone will want to check out her album, that I'm sure is going to be LOVED by the critics! I can't wait to see what other surprises she has in store for us on R8!!

chris777

I said it was her first solo single in years. BBHMM didn't get a video because it was obvious that it wasn't going to do well. There was no sense in pouring money into a song like this one. If it would have been song that listeners responded to positively, radio would have played it! Radios love to get something different to put in their playlist mix!

​BBHMM video is still happening tho. Plus the song is being pushed in rhythmic and urban, so far is doing good in both formats.

Whispering

​BBHMM video is still happening tho. Plus the song is being pushed in rhythmic and urban, so far is doing good in both formats.

Is it? That's good then! Rhythmic and Urban can really push a song up the iTunes chart. Even if the dumb asses at Pop won't play it, BBHMM can still be a very nice sized hit song!

badgalriri

​I have been defending Rihanna my whole life but the fact that you call ARTPOP garbage just made Navy's reputation worse.

ARTPOP is far from garbage, it's a gem.

​lmao i'm a gaga fan first and foremost, and as a huge fan of gaga i honestly believe it was bad. 

Emvee

​The album isn't even out yet let's not jump to conclusions. You can't call the era a failure until the album is released and we see how the entire thing plays out. 

I swear... you people :smh: 

​I'll remember this when her sales are abysmal because she doesn't have a single charting in the top 10 as her album drops. Unless they release a single that smashes between now and her album release, she won't pull huge numbers. This is an educated estimation, not something I'm pulling out of my ass. I said the same thing about ARTPOP when Gaga released Applause, because I knew that single wasn't strong enough.

Serendipity

​I'll remember this when her sales are abysmal because she doesn't have a single charting in the top 10 as her album drops. Unless they release a single that smashes between now and her album release, she won't pull huge numbers. This is an educated estimation, not something I'm pulling out of my ass. I said the same thing about ARTPOP when Gaga release Applause, because I knew that single wasn't strong enough. 

​DWUW could've turn into a Rude Boy imho

Ot: I think Riri can pull another Rude Boy and show these haters who's boss

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Emvee

​DWUW could've turn into a Rude Boy imho

Ot: I think Riri can pull another Rude Boy and show these haters who's boss

​Not a chance. DWUW did not have the potential to go #1, despite what people say around here. It had plenty of promo... plenty of airplay... and a pre-album release. A video was not gonna do that much more for it. 

Rihanna probably has another mainstream produced song up her sleeve and I've been saying this since I heard BBHMM. She's a completely different type of artist than Gaga. She's the type who WILL listen to industry people when they tell her she needs to make a particular type of song to be popular. 

Yanko

​Lol you guys are so annoying and delusional :laughga:

​ur judging an album that isnt released yet but your calling others delusional

:toofunny: 

Yanko

Everyone keeps on hating superficial pop music and bashing singers like Katy Perry for their lack of artistry and yet some of you just keep emphasising on commercial numbers and chart performances. You do realize that this encourages basic **** to be produced and played on the radio for future artists, right? How on earth could somebody critisize someone based on their commercial success and understand Gaga's point of view in producing and releasing her music? 

I hope Rihanna keeps on making the music she wants by ignoring this arrogant and superficial critics. Her album will be acclaimed by music experts, you'll see!

​:applause:

her best album (rated r) is considered as a flop 

but it was praised by critics 

Dorothy Gale

​Not a chance. DWUW did not have the potential to go #1, despite what people say around here. It had plenty of promo... plenty of airplay... and a pre-album release. A video was not gonna do that much more for it. 

Rihanna probably has another mainstream produced song up her sleeve and I've been saying this since I heard BBHMM. She's a completely different type of artist than Gaga. She's the type who WILL listen to industry people when they tell her she needs to make a particular type of song to be popular. 

How could a video have no effect on DWUW's success? Billboard counts vevo streams now. 

blacklistedd

​Do What U Want had every reason to be at the top of the charts. What hindered it was the R. Kelly collaboration and the publics general pushing away of Lady Gaga. They did not want to consume her, it didnt matter what she released proven by the fact that DWUW was easily her most accessible and infectious single since The Fame-era. She did little during the ARTPOP-era to persuade anyone to come back to her corner. Theres a myriad of reasons ARTPOP underperformed, but Do What U Want most certainly was a #1 song that never was.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived