Featured Posts

maxthewonderdog

Ha Britney Jean era is definitely coming

​Bargain Jeans era. :awkney:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pierre

ARTPOP is laughing somewhere and having a party with gazing balls. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Gagaloo911

Who woulda thought "Rihrih" and "flop" would be put in the same sentence  :fan: 

barcodemonster

People actually cared about the ARTPOP situation. 

R8 reminds me of the Bionic flop because literally no one cares...

scan my barcode

Dorothy Gale

People actually cared about the ARTPOP situation. 

R8 reminds me of the Bionic flop because literally no one cares...

True

:gum:

Mills

I don't know if the author of this article opted to ignore or forget that Rihanna, like any mainstream artist including Taylor Swift herself, had singles in the past which were chart failures. And that didn't stop her (and others) to come back with not just a chart-topper, but a chart-topping smash hit. 

And as I've mentioned before, Rihanna is at the stage of her career when it's really no longer a top concern for her to produce #1 hits after #1 hits. She has already done that in years, in a hot streak only comparable to Mariah Carey in the '90s. And not just on the Billboard charts, but also elsewhere. The last statement sounds as if Rihanna is still a breakout star whose fans and her team or even herself should be worried with a string of under-performed singles. Her reign of global chart dominance in a span of almost a decade still remains second to none among her generation.

Whether she can no longer produce #1 singles in the future or not, that won't change the fact that she's already among the all-time most successful when it comes to charts and sales. This article just reminds me of those articles wanting / 'hoping' the likes of Whitney Houston, Madonna, Michael Jackson to still produce more #1 hits despite what they all had already achieved during their reigns at the top of the pop stratosphere.

elijahfan

Why are they comparing her to Taylor Swift? Has Taylor become a standard for everyone now?

And well, the c-----e thing is a bit of a stretch to explain the current situation - her singles aren't working because the music isn't great and the release strategy is confusing, that's as simple as that.

Joaco95

​wait, wait, your opinion was relevant? :fthis:

Just quit bashing AP, you somehow manage to do it even if the topic is what to do if we have a flat tyre :madge:

​idk about mine, but was yours relevant?

craig

But she's at the point in her career were it's not about her charting.

Girl just turned 27, she's too young to live on past glories. That idea might carry weight if she had an album oriented fanbase or is her new stuff with a huge hit with critics.

The best excuse is simply that pop girls are in a slump right now.

chris777

Why comparing that mess to ARTPOP?

Applause did WAY better than FFS

DWUW did way better than BBHMM too 

and Unapologetic sold 3millions WW with the help of Diamonds and Stay

ARTPOP managed to sell 2,8M, believe me, R8 won't sell 2M WW because her fanbase isn't that big and since there's no real hit the GP won't buy this record.

PS: ARTPOP is one of the best album of all time, FFS, BBHMM and AO are just trash

​Going by Mediatraffict:

Unapologetic 3.6m

ARTPOP 1.9m

As for other sources put ARTPOP at 2.5m (the last we got from her label) and Unapologetic with more than 4m (from her label too). 

Don't make up fake numbers. 

Lumi

shes an artist that dominates because of streaming and shes limited herself completely by only being available on tidal. if her songs were on spotify she'd probably be doing significantly better.

​Nope. Actually FFS, BBHMM and AO are all available on Spotify and BBHMM was promoted on Trending Songs.

underneath the pine

blacklistedd

​Nope. Actually FFS, BBHMM and AO are all available on Spotify and BBHMM was promoted on Trending Songs.

oh **** you're right. she put her **** back on spotify after all that talk about TIDAL? What a poser.

And to think I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Then thats doubly surprising to me that American Oxygen hasn't done better. It literally has every reason to be at the top of the charts and on radio ad-nauseum like everything else shes ever released.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived