music news

Iggy Azalea's 'The New Classic' finally scratches Gold in US

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LoveandMagic

I was genuinely shocked that it didn't hit that number awhile ago, but this is still good news for her, her team, and her fans. Congrats Iggy Iggz!

And yes, I  Iiked The New Classic. I wish Pu$$y had been on it though.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Phoenix

Why did you guys jump on Minaj for saying what he did, it wasn't even flamebait :toofunny: 

I was thinking the same, I'd thought The New Classic hit gold a while ago because of how huge Fancy was and because she had Black Widow too :huh: I'm sure Pretty Girls will drum up anticipation for her next album :party: 

Regardless, congratulations to her on the new certification :woot: 

It was obviously flamebait and we can only pretend it wasn't. That's it.

💎

ChasingGhosts

Actually pretty good for a one hit wonder. :thetea:

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Mills

​Actually, I think Reclassified sales count towards this. Reclassified is just a reissue of that album, so I think the RIAA groups them together.

​Yup. The shipments (used for RIAA certifications like this one) and over-the-counter sales (used for the Billboard charts) of re-releases / re-issues are counted towards the total stats of the original release. If this was released also as a standalone EP aside from being a re-release of an original album in the same way TFM was released in 2009, its shipments and actual sales will be differentiated from the shipments and actual sales of the first release.

And while RIAA certifications are based on shipments, it's also not impossible that the album did already cross the 500k mark in actual sales by now (or at least close to it) since its total Nielsen Music-reported sales as of January 2015 stood at over 460k and the album has been selling around 1.5k weekly from late March to early April.

JusKeepBreathin

​no bc there accent naturally goes away when they sing... and i said that about compton bc thats how she acts watch her interviews she's totally fake.

So what did you think of Madonna on Jimmy Fallon? 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

venusian

So what did you think of Madonna on Jimmy Fallon? 

​i didn't watch it

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

JusKeepBreathin

​i didn't watch it

Here is a little part. I'm sure you can find the full version online.  Just curious about your opinion.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

venusian

Here is a little part. I'm sure you can find the full version online.  Just curious about your opinion.

​............. she is dancing good but the outft the last gesture umm i just think she looks ridiculous i dont exactly find it cultural appropriating but i can see how people would take it that and i wouldn't blame them:thetea:  hard to disrespect madonna :messga:

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Gagaloo911

Actually pretty good for a one hit wonder. :thetea:

​Black Widow says hi

ChasingGhosts

​Black Widow says hi

Considering myself or any of my friends (pop fans or not) haven't heard Black Widow I wouldn't call it a hit. She's only known for Fancy. 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Gagaloo911

Considering myself or any of my friends (pop fans or not) haven't heard Black Widow I wouldn't call it a hit. She's only known for Fancy. 

You live in nowhere land then or something cause everyone here heard it, liked it, jammed it and it's been all over the radio. So :bye:

It's the same people perched and trash talking on EVERY Iggy Azalea post. :smh:

I can't fathom how a single artist can bother someone so much that he has to talk sh*t about her on every chance he can. Pathetic. :fan:

Archived