💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

DJWS as a producer

OracleMonster

Featured Posts

lodylody

Instrumentals for pop songs can be repetitive, it's not too important, as long as the lyrics are unique?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he should work as an producer or not, is not our or someone others decision, he definitely should work, because he has talent.

I personally don't like ARTPOP so much, but it's not because of White Shadow, but because of the decisions and themes.

There were no real experiments on ARTPOP and she sung too much about s-x and fashion, i'm bored with this superficiality topics. I thought ARTPOP would bring something completely new to the table and will be experimental and a loud rave experience.

But White Shadow has talent as a producer, here are the facts:

- Government Hooker ( very well and clean producing, very interesting architecture, one of Gagas best songs and highlights of her career )

- Do What U Want ( very good and clean production, synth-r'n'b masterpiece, catchy record ) But here R.Kelly destroyed because of his image everything.

- Sexx Dreams ( very good production and completely new sound for Gaga - Gaga wanted that -, very atmospheric ) But i don't like the theme and lyrics, because it's again about s-x.

Then there is:

Applause ( here in my opinion the chorus was to overloaded, the damn catchy synthesizer nobody heard on radio for example - but the rest is good produced )

And when you look at songs like Swine or MANiCURE ( catchy and single material ) you just can only be amazed about his diversity, it's insane. And before pop produtions he has made only trap, i respect him as a producer very much. I only wished that he maded the songs on ARTPOP more edgy like he did it with his masterpiece Government Hooker.

If he continues to mature, Gaga and he will surely create a hit like Bad Romance together ( they had the chance with DWYW ) and create more experimental pieces.

By the way, I think it's great that Gaga brought a completely unknown person on board. 

I definitely  look forward to his and Gagas collaboration in future.

Lucas

Just my onion...

​nice onion, I agree too, he shouldn't work as a producer (at least with Gaga)

Lona Delery

kinda funny how some People try to blame DJWS for some bad songs where Garibay/RedOne were the main Producers :green:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

ryhanna

He's not THAT bad, but I'm not a huge fan of his productions. Government Hooker, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP are all fantastic songs.

As far as ranking the main producers, I'd probably say...

Fernando > RedOne > DJWS > Madeon > Zedd

vanus

just wonder how everyone hates on djws production but says their fave album is born this way when djws produced like more than half album :whitney:

+ he created the best song of all time a.k.a. applause so ...

imma cut a bitch

gagzus

if he makes more GH slayage in-cooperating that metal/industrial edge to the hard hitting beats then yes he's amazing. 

But on most other songs he's just ok (he hasn't made her best produced song aka Mary Jane Slayage) & he overproduced Sex Dreams tbh, the vocals especially, there were too many layers where as in the demo there was like two 

gagzus

There were no real experiments on ARTPOP and she sung too much about s-x and fashion, i'm bored with this superficiality topics. I thought ARTPOP would bring something completely new to the table and will be experimental and a loud rave experience.

- Do What U Want ( very good and clean production, synth-r'n'b masterpiece, catchy record ) But here R.Kelly destroyed because of his image everything.

And when you look at songs like Swine or MANiCURE ( catchy and single material ) you just can only be amazed about his diversity, it's insane.

​just wanted to say a few things;

1) ARTPOP was meant to be like that but her label were more concerned with her image & controversy than music so it got watered down (idk if you've seen that article where a former associate says she needs to appeal to young children like Katy & TayTay do to be successful).

2) the GP don't really care about the person on the record as long as it's catchy, most people are like that even fans, like I dislike azealia or katy but if she made a catchy song i'd like it.

3) I always found MANiCURE to be weak in it's production because it needed louder guitars and real drums tbh & Swine needed to be a few BPMs faster with a shorter, more bass filled drop tbh.

NORMANDIE

Do we forget that he is the producer of DO WHAT U WANT? 
That song should validate his abilities.

Archived