đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna angers fans with tribute to Margaret Thatcher

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

LoveandMagic

Madonna angers fans with gushing tribute to Margaret Thatcher on Instagram

Madonna’s political leanings probably land somewhere to the left of centre.

After all, she’s opposed to anti-gay laws in Russia and artistic censorship.

But she is not, it seems, against the odd poll tax, aggressive foreign policy and stop free milk in schools.

And the she posted a tribute to the Iron Lady on Instagram.

Thatcher’s government is famed for having introduced Section 28, banning the promotion of homos-xuality in schools.

Madonna-Thatcher.JPG

​I get where Madonna was going with this, but it's probably a poor choice in hindsight. Still, I think the point still stands. Madonna wants to do her own thing by not compromising herself or her vision, and by doing so she is sure to gain some negative criticism, but the ultimate outcome will be something she honestly stands for, something that is wholly her. I guess Thatcher was the same way, unwilling to compromise her principles (whether they be good, bad, popular, unpopular). 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was not about appropriation but disrespect by drawing cables/ropes over faces of these black figures. Get it? Instagram is not for her.

​It depends on the critic. Many felt she was appropriating them for her (commercial) album campaign and that was disrespectful. It wasn't all about the ropes.

The fact she's white and they are black secular saints was another irritant. I don't think Beyonce would have got nearly the pushback if she did it. Blacks would be cool, and white leftists wouldn't dare tell her how to use black culture.

Laceface

Controversial to say the least or maybe she just didn't know about her policies:deadbanana: 

Controversial to say the least or maybe she just didn't know about her policies:deadbanana: 

​I give Madonna more credit. She live in Britain for almost a decade, Thatcher's policies likely saved her millions in taxes. The Labour govt pre-Thatcher believed in soaking the richest at rates around 80%. Spawned a lot of musician tax exiles.

Madonna believes women are more oppressed than blacks or gays, so why not prioritize Thatcher as a female heroine breaking barriers? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/11/madonna-gay-rights-out-magazine_n_6847108.html

“Gay rights are way more advanced than women’s rights," Madonna told Out, saying that the situation for women has remained relatively stagnant since 1983. "People are a lot more open-minded to the gay community than they are to women, period. It’s moved along for the gay community, for the African-American community, but women are still just trading on their ass. To me, the last great frontier is women.”

StrawberryBlond

She was much better keeping with figures that are well loved. Not a good time to support someone like Thatcher just after she's announced another London date in a tour that is already having a big problem selling tickets. I've never understood why some women believe Thatcher should be respected purely because she was a woman who made it in a man's world and made history. That doesn't mean much if she only caused trouble after getting that power. I only want to support women who did good things and who deserve their power. There's this concept that women should just take whatever role model is available to us, even if they're not suitable, because it's better than having none at all. Thing is, there are amazing female role models out there, it's just that they're sometimes not as famous. Between a non famous female role model and Thatcher, I know who I'd choose.

AgusPop

​WaiT, is people mad about the Falklands? That was like the best thing ever. Take that, Argentina! :manicure:

​I'm Argentinian and you are so rude! :wtf:  Margaret Thatcher ordered sink the argentine warship "Belgrano" for no reason killing more than 300 young soldiers. This woman was Evil and you are an ignorant :manicure:

btw, Madonna praises Eva Peron too, for those who do not know, Eva Peron (Evita) was the wife of the Dictator Juan Peron.  He and Evita allowed Nazis to hide out in Argentina in exchange for treasures looted from rich Jewish families.

Madonna hasn't good taste in Women

bionic

​Margaret Thatcher > Evita Peron

​When will Thatcher get ha own Broadway musical? :whitney: 

buy bionic

Dangerous Man

​where can i get a HQ pic of that cute kitty? :3 i want it for my phone <3

​I tried googling it and i found a bigger one. But idk if it's on hd. I'm on my phone rn so sorry I can't post the link. :hug:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

I would say she is as bad as Hitler, Stalin etc. she was the person that shut down all the mines, stole milk from children, privitised a lot of working businesses, sectiom 28, hid a lot of information about Hillsborough. She ruined hundreds of communities

I'm sorry, I feel really bad about this but I BURST out laughing, I just had an image in my mind of her going around school playgrounds snatching cartons of milk from kids

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

not her still using that stupid #rebelheart# tag, lol

I love her classy accent tho

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

LoveandMagic

I'm sorry, I feel really bad about this but I BURST out laughing, I just had an image in my mind of her going around school playgrounds snatching cartons of milk from kids

​I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived