💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bjork: "Sound is the n***** of the world"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

He should have stated he was referring to those people initially because his post comes off very wrong. 

Yeah, it took me a while but I understand now.

He's not coming from a malicious standpoint at all. :yes: 

It's science, bitch

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jjang

I always wonder how many % of the people who are SHOCKED and OFFENDED about these quotes are actually black.

​smh

Well, that's a stupid statement.

You don't need to be a woman to support woman rights.

You don't need to be gay to support the LGBT community.

& in the same spirit, you don't need to be black to stand against the injustice. :smh: 

Admin

​smh

Well, that's a stupid statement.

You don't need to be a woman to support woman rights.

You don't need to be gay to support the LGBT community.

& in the same spirit, you don't need to be black to stand against the injustice. :smh: 

​Where did I ever say you need to be black to support black issues...

Jesse Pinkman

'I wonder how many people blah blah blah are actually black', that suggested he was speaking to the rest of us in the thread, which is why a lot of people got pissed I think 

I can definitely see that now. The comment is a little ignorant lol. He was just being very blunt.

It's science, bitch

Pure Adrenaline

I don;t understand that she means can someone explain :madge: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

AM98GJ

I think it was basically you first said that a lot of people won't be genuinely offended, and then you brought out that most of the people who were just pretending were white fanboys, so people kind of connected those two comments and were offended. 

But if you didn't mean it in that way I'm sure everyone will be able to see that :P

Jjang

​Your statement followed the same vein of that logic, though...

If you don't wish to be misunderstood, elaborate more.

AM98GJ

​Your statement followed the same vein of that logic, though...

If you don't wish to be misunderstood, elaborate more.

Tbh ^

Giorno Giovanna

can we all just make peace and agree that we all learn a little by such discussions and get new ideas from. different points of view

bjôrk said the n word and will continue to say it because it is her mouth

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

I just hate that a--lysis and calling out potentially racial issues has become stigmatized in our society. Like Kayla said it's a good thing that people are taking notice to these kinds of issues, because that's what they are: issues. Not this Bjork incident in particular but in the grand scheme of things race still plays a big part in our cultures fabric and naturally a lot of racist comments are going to be made. Some of these racist comments aren't always going to be as blatant as someone spouting of the n word, but that doesn't mean they aren't worthy of being called out on. I think Bjork made a misjudgment in this use of the word (apparently she has twice now). I don't think she is racist but I don't think she took into consideration how disgusting the history of the word is, and how many people would be offended by her use of it. Especially considering how unimportant this issue is in the grand scheme of things. I just wish that I could a--lyze something or make an interpretation without people shouting "SJW SJW" "EVERYTHING IS RACIST THESE DAYS" "WHITE GAY MEN LOOK FOR THE RACISM IN EVERYTHING."

Sorry that my family has many african american members. Sorry that my best friend is south asian and she has noticed a lot of cultural appropriation in our (american) culture. Sorry some of the most important figures in my life have been black. Sorry I do what I can to make those around me more conscious of racial issues... How screwed up of a world do we live in where the fight for equality has become stigmatized.

yassitscarcass

'I wonder how many people blah blah blah are actually black', that suggested he was speaking to the rest of us in the thread, which is why a lot of people got pissed I think 

​Because you've never experienced the racially discriminating that black people have with that word being used. I'm white, I'll never experience it, either, but there's some white ppl who like to act as if they're being discriminated against more than black people are when they hear it and it's a word used against black people, not against white people. It shouldn't offend you more than it does a black person. :sharon:

AM98GJ

​Because you've never experienced the racially discriminating that black people have with that word being used. I'm white, I'll never experience it, either, but there's some white ppl who like to act as if they're being discriminated against more than black people are when they hear it and it's a word used against black people, not against white people. It shouldn't offend you more than it does a black person. :sharon:

It offends me because I've experienced hatred through verbal slurs, and through people shouting **** at me. Whether it was because of my race or s-xuality isn't important it gives me a direct experience with discrimination especially through  hateful slurs, ergo I can relate to people who are offended and am offended myself when I see people using slurs regardless of whether it's directed at me or not, and especially when it's used with such a blasé attitude as if it has no discriminatory connotations. 

Try again sis. 

yassitscarcass

It offends me because I've experienced hatred through verbal slurs, and through people shouting **** at me. Whether it was because of my race or s-xuality isn't important it gives me a direct experience with discrimination especially through  hateful slurs, ergo I can relate to people who are offended and am offended myself when I see people using slurs regardless of whether it's directed at me or not, and especially when it's used with such a blasé attitude as if it has no discriminatory connotations. 

Try again sis. 

​You're really going to compare racism and homophobia? Yes, homophobia is real, I've experienced it firsthand, but when were YOU whipped because of it? When were YOU told you're a robber, rapist, murderer, thief, child molester, etc. because of your s-xuality? When did you ever get shot with pressure washing waterhoses because you were fighting for your right to live a normal life, just like anyone else? Have you ever been told you weren't allowed to sit in a certain area of a bus because you're gay/bi (whatever you identify with)? When did you hear about a group of straight people thinking they're above you enough to want to hang you or burn a cross in your yard because your s-xuality is different from theirs?

Try again sis.

Tropico

I barely like posts but I swear I've almost reached my cap for the day because of the likes of @Kayla and @Jed. :applause: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

AM98GJ

​You're really going to compare racism and homophobia? Yes, homophobia is real, I've experienced it firsthand, but when were YOU whipped because of it? When were YOU told you're a robber, rapist, murderer, thief, child molester, etc. because of your s-xuality? When did you ever get shot with pressure washing waterhoses because you were fighting for your right to live a normal life, just like anyone else? Have you ever been told you weren't allowed to sit in a certain area of a bus because you're gay/bi (whatever you identify with)? When did you hear about a group of straight people thinking they're above you enough to want to hang you or burn a cross in your yard because your s-xuality is different from theirs?
Try again sis.

All of these things happened during the gay rights movement :air: gay people get whipped and thrown off buildings today, LGBT relationships are outlawed in 76 nations WW, there are death penalties for being LGBT in over 14 nations WW, don't tell me our suffering is less. 

and to attempt to put suffering into an arbitrary unit is primitive af, you can't measure suffering because it's an extremely subjective experience. But saying that as someone who has experienced discrimination I can relate is a legitimate statement.

and to your point about was I whipped? Well neither were the black youth of today, but like them I don't have to experience the absolute worst of hate to know what it feels like, smh 

Archived