Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

TV Host Bill Maher compares Zayn Malik to alleged Boston Bomber Terrorist

UC PiXELVISION

Featured Posts

lego

:roll: There's really no need to take it so seriously. View SKANK's post above mine, because he pretty much already summarized it, and I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Why don't you answer about Kanye example, since you quoted that..?

Idgaf about skank's post. We don't share same sense of humor or view to the world.

FreePalestine

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think his audience would laugh at that kind of joke.

​I don't think you understand his audience. Have you ever seen his show, or do you only know him by reputation?

xoxo cupcakke

I can't find anything similar about these two other than a shaggy head of hair, and even that it is not that similar. They're even different skin tones, have different eye color, and have different facial structure. Also, putting Zayn beside a terrorist most likely due to his Muslim heritage and appearance is a bit of high assumption that should not be quantified by comedy. That's just straight up racist and offensive and I can't believe such nonsense is allowed on air waves. Also, why is he joking about the Boston bomber? It's way too soon still. All I know is those Directioneers are probably running amok on his Twitter. I hope they drag too filth. Disgusted :madge:

lego

​I don't think you understand his audience. Have you ever seen his show, or do you only know him by reputation?

I've seen bits and I read about him and his quotes. I don't find racist jokes funny. 

I don't think he would compare himself to Breivik, for example, even they look similar in some pics. Comparing white Americans with terrorists wouldn't be so funnny.

I don't like when people hide behind I'm a comedian/that's what I do - to say whatever they want without any consequences. It was same with Joan Rivers. She joked about Holocaust and 9/11, she said Palestinians have low IQ and deserve to be dead, but all that is alright because - that's who she was. It's not alright.

FreePalestine

SKANK

Idgaf about skank's post. We don't share same sense of humor or view to the world.

You "don't give a fück" about posts written by users who have a different point of view then your own? I'm pretty sure that is the definition of close-mindedness. For the record, I value your opinion on this subject, even if I don't agree with it. :)

I think it is safe to assume you (and the other critics of this joke) don't regularly watch Real Time. If you did watch Real Time regularly you would understand that Bill Maher's sense of humor is based on telling politically incorrect jokes about everyone and everything. Nothing is sacred or off limits that includes race. If this isn't a sense of humor that you connect with then there is no need for you to watch his show. There are plenty of liberal and open minded people who enjoy Maher's style of insult comedy, myself included.

In the pervious episode of Real Time Bill Maher joked that he doesn't wear tacky Dolce and Gabbana shirts because he isn't Persian. That obvious joke about race didn't make a single headline. A week later Bill Maher made a slightly less obvious race based joke about Zayn Malik, and the internet explodes.

Why such different reactions? It seems to me that Zayn Malik appeals to a large group of vocal tweens who are less interested in stoping racism as they are interested in loudly defending their heartthrob on social media. When you combine those vocal tweens with the rabid misguided Social Justice Warrior's…boom you have a manufactured scandal. A scandal which provides further reasons for people like yourself to brand comics like Maher as racist. It's a shame. 

Anomaly

​Because your point is pointless? If Kanye west actually bore a resemblance to the person he was being compared to, then there obviously wouldn't be an issue, as there isn't here.

Archived