💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Azealia Banks "stole" Ice Princess Chorus?

Featured Posts

​It's Friday night and we're commenting on a thread about Azealia Banks sampling a song with more likes than people on all of our friends lists combined- do we really want to talk about who's relevant right now? :awkney: 

​:no: 

BUY BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS ON ITUNES.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inuborg

Holy ****ing ****. This ****ery was brought to my attention. I guess a lot of you are too dim to know what sampling is, but Morgan Page (the creator of In The Air) AND Aarabmusik (the person who interpolated In The Air into his hip hop production) are BOTH credited and either will receive royalties or where paid off. THAT is not stealing. Its a very common staple in hip hop music. Gaga did the same thing with Venus so I don't understand why people are trying to drag Azealia for doing it. (Besides being pressed and bored) And by the way, sampling is not the same as using a ghost writer, nice try. 

And @Paper Gangsta don't try to **** talk me while I'm not around to defend myself. That's a *** move. Don't insult try to my intelligence or knowledge because you don't know me. All you know is that I stan for Azealia and if that makes you have a bad opinion of me, fine I don't care, but keep that **** to yourself. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Prismatic

​It's Friday night and we're commenting on a thread about Azealia Banks sampling a song with more likes than people on all of our friends lists combined- do we really want to talk about who's relevant right now? :awkney: 

I didn't start who's relevant thiugh. I only said this is why "inu" left.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

I didn't start who's relevant thiugh. I only said this is why "inu" left.

​but you did though. :shrug: 

inb4 who cares :lmao: 

inuborg

Thanks @Prismatic and @Desperado for sticking up for me :hug: 

Also, why is this thread even still open, its old news and full of negativity. GGD can't be that desperate for activity. 

Holy ****ing ****. This ****ery was brought to my attention. I guess a lot of you are too dim to know what sampling is, but Morgan Page (the creator of In The Air) AND Aarabmusik (the person who interpolated In The Air into his hip hop production) are BOTH credited and either will receive royalties or where paid off. THAT is not stealing. Its a very common staple in hip hop music. Gaga did the same thing with Venus so I don't understand why people are trying to drag Azealia for doing it. (Besides being pressed and bored) And by the way, sampling is not the same as using a ghost writer, nice try. 

And @Paper Gangsta don't try to **** talk me while I'm not around to defend myself. That's a *** move. Don't insult try to my intelligence or knowledge because you don't know me. All you know is that I stan for Azealia and if that makes you have a bad opinion of me, fine I don't care, but keep that **** to yourself. 

​2 paragraphs. :toofloppy: 

ot: ?

Thanks @Prismatic and @Desperado for sticking up for me :hug: 

Also, why is this thread even still open, its old news and full of negativity. GGD can't be that desperate for activity. 

​because people like you come and think somebody is dragging Azealia when nobody was. :smh: 

inuborg

​2 paragraphs. :toofloppy: 

ot: ?

​Yes, Paragraphs...we learn about those in elementary school. 

Benji

This thread is so, so, so stupid.

You expect any better? I mean... sis, you've seen why OperationGG is banned from here. :blehga:

(only posting cause it's down atm)

inuborg

This thread is so, so, so stupid.

You expect any better? I mean... sis, you've seen why OperationGG is banned from here. :blehga:

(only posting cause it's down atm)

​same :poordat: 

Benji

​same :poordat: 

​I seriously fear for some of these people. This whole site is so negative and heavy in comparison :wtfga:

I need our sanctuary open for some light-heartedness on my Friday evening :messga:

inuborg

It's not even about the sample anymore but her fans calling out others for sampling, stealing and "ghostwrritting", yet their "overly talented" fave does the same. Lol 

​Azealia or her fans would never trash anyone for sampling because there's nothing wrong with that. Ghost writing on the other hand is looked down upon because its dishonest and goes against artistry. The difference is, Azealia took a instrumental that already had a hook on it (which happens a lot in hip hop) and gave them credit. Its different than having someone write your verses for you, claim you wrote it and have to nerve to say your good. 

​well people are saying that ab should create her own original beats while those instrumentals i mentioned are not original themselves :rip: 

​Exactly, Azealia going and finding WAD by Pearson Sound, which she added a lot to and made it her own, or Feeling It by Aarabmusik (asking for permission) and using it as an instrumental is no different from Nicki or other rapper getting a beat, or a popstar being given a beat by a producer.

Rappers, rap on beats, its what they do

inuborg

​I seriously fear for some of these people. This whole site is so negative and heavy in comparison :wtfga:

I need our sanctuary open for some light-heartedness on my Friday evening :messga:

​ikr :dead: 

Hexxx

Sampled fat!

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Desperado

It's so crazy how you can just speak over someone else's song and release it as your own "music".

How nice of the admin of the forum, fueling the mess huh? 

• Kayla locked this topic

Archived