💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Azealia Banks "stole" Ice Princess Chorus?

Featured Posts

Hmm, you must be new.

I have read too many awful threads here about Azealia. Now, I don't have the patience anymore to always read each pages and we such a title, you can't blame me to expect some messy comments. (+ even Admin's post is just... :smh: )

​if you look then thats gonna get you mad, i guess. 

BUY BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS ON ITUNES.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

Are you guys serious? Eight pages for something that we knew back in November and that happens all the time in Hip-Hop? :proud: 

It's kinda like dragging Gaga because Cheek to Cheek is full of covers... it's common in the genre.

​So you are saying that a rap album is like an album with covers.

Gagaloo911

​More relevant than you sweetie. 

​Coming from someone soooo relevant :lolly:

Staryu

​So you are saying that a rap album is like an album with covers.

No.

:makeup:

It's so crazy how you can just speak over someone else's song and release it as your own "music".

​not me not seeing admins response. :toofloppy: 

Prismatic

More relevant than you. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

​I hope somebody already clocked you because this is too much.

:sharon:

Rat Boy

This thread is embarrassing...

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

AbuHassan1992

It's not just the chorus, the melody is the same on the beginning too. And the chorus is litterally the same. Pretty sure it's sampled. I hate today's music industry. Imo, it's okay to sample a song, but maybe few vocals or one bit, not the whole instrumental, or chorus. :nails: 

​This is what hip hop has ALWAYS been since the beginning. It's always been like that. At least now the person whose song is sampled gets royalties, before that wasn't the case

Kayla

Ok I'm disappointed. :crossed:

I thought she made this slayage of a song herself, but really it's just the verses.

And I still ****ing love the verses and love the way the song sounds. But it's also kinda ****ty that it's so HEAVILY HEAVILY sampled. 

EDIT: For clarification, I'm not super pissed about the sampling. I love when songs sample and use recognizable work to enhance their own (and then their work enhances the previous song). When done well, it's ****ing amazing. 
Azealia sampled well in the sense that she made a ****ing amazing song with Ice Princess. I just wasn't aware that the chorus and backing music was all sampled from the same song. I like when sampling is a greater mix, a mix that takes more work than just adding extra vocals. 
At the end of the day I still love the song, but to me it's the cheapest form of sampling. 

Kayla

​More relevant than you sweetie. 

​It's Friday night and we're commenting on a thread about Azealia Banks sampling a song with more likes than people on all of our friends lists combined- do we really want to talk about who's relevant right now? :awkney: 

• Kayla locked this topic

Archived