music news

"Tidal Gained 100K Subscribers" - NYPost

Yanko

Featured Posts

​what they win? in few hours those albums will be anywhere on the internet :smh:

​but they dont sell albums anyways right? :huh: i only use itunes for music and youtube but i'm guessing they are competing with spotify right? if they have songs that spotify doesnt then they win dont they? 

:emma:  sorry i dont fully understand how these things work

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

GagaMyBlood95

and will loose them all once the free trial expires http://gagadaily.com/uploads/monthly_2015_03/gaycat.png.992b47d38f09b0ad096f1acf4618aa13.png 

​Yes :hills:

LePetitGAGABLover

I just tried it. IT IS NOT WORTH $20, but maybe the $10. The music sounds a little better than spoify and Youtube, but thats pretty much it. FYI, I thought that using my Beats would make a big difference, but it sounds floppier than Madonna's album:awkney:

thefamebitch

Anyone who signed up recently isn't a full subscriber yet, there's a 30-day free trial and you can cancel it anytime. You're really not subscribed to anything until you're paying on a fixed basis. 

RAMROD

I just tried it. IT IS NOT WORTH $20, but maybe the $10. The music sounds a little better than spoify and Youtube, but thats pretty much it. FYI, I thought that using my Beats would make a big difference, but it sounds floppier than Madonna's album default_awkney2.gif

The bolded part answers the question in itself why the music didn't sounds hifi. Try quality headphones that deserves its hubderd dollars price to listen.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LePetitGAGABLover

The bolded part answers the question in itself why the music didn't sounds hifi. Try quality headphones that deserves its hubderd dollars price to listen.

​Then tidal is NOT for all. I mean, I can barely afford Beats.:toofunga:

Andreyw

​but they dont sell albums anyways right? :huh: i only use itunes for music and youtube but i'm guessing they are competing with spotify right? if they have songs that spotify doesnt then they win dont they? 

:emma:  sorry i dont fully understand how these things work

​well...they have those "exclusive" songs / albums on their site but there might be people who can trick / hack that site (or not even that...I guess if they listen to those songs , it might automatically save into pc , along other things seen / listened on youtube...not really sure how it works) and those files can be uploaded somewhere and everyone can get them for free instead of paying 10/20 $ a month to use Tidal :huh:

StrawberryBlond

I bet Spotify got more in that time. Tidal has been the best advertisement for Spotify if ever there was one. If they want to be a real rival, they'll have to gain a lot more than 100k in a few days. Spotify has 60 million users, 15 million of which are paying. Tidal should have gained a million subscribers within the first few days to have any chance of being a real threat. But just 100k? Worldwide? And they're all using the 30 day free trial at the moment? We'll see how long this lasts. It really doesn't help that there's only a select group of artists on there at the moment and they're almost all mainstream acts from the pop or hip hop genre. Nothing there for rock/country/jazz/indie etc listeners yet. If there's only a small amount of acts, none of whom you listen to, why would you want to risk paying $20 a month if you're unsure that any more artists you like are going to join? Tidal is too "exclusive members club" at the moment. Right now, it's like the popular crowd at school have started their own club with a "no geeks" sign on the door. Not the best of ideas.

Archived