💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney developing live-action Mulan film

Coop

Featured Posts

Spock

​In the end, all of the Disney classics have been able to pass the test of time from generation to generation: Snow White was made in 1937, Pinocchio in 1940, Bambi in 1942, Cinderella in 1950, Sleeping Beauty in 1959..... And to every kid in the world, it's like they've all been released yesterday. This live-action **** is just a money grab.

On the other hand, I'm here for new takes on those original tales - no more Disney recycling Disney. Like, French director Christophe Gans made a great Beauty and the Beast last year, and Sofia Coppola is working on The Little Mermaid, and Guillermo del Toro on Pinocchio. Hopefully, Disney has nothing to do with these films. At least, we can expect something different here, know what I mean?

​But re-inventions and re-telling of classical stories have become borning imo. Like dystopian teen movie trilogies. Cinderella was so good because it adapted the classical Disney tale with some Perrault elements with no weird ****

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna

This is good for Asian actors in Hollywood, being given a chance to shine in a Disney film. A bit nervous about how Mulan will translate to live action though. I'm having a tough time picturing it. 

Anyone voicing Mushu other than Eddie Murphy would be a travesty. They better not. :scar:

I really wish they would produce some original films though. The film industry, apart from indie films, is almost entirely remakes now. 

We're all Stronger Together!

heavymlover

I'm not a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent's approach, but I actually think Cinderella was quite good. As long as they make good films, I'm fine with these live-action adaptations. 

RAMROD

YAAAASS! Strong woman for once!

I hope they do a good cast like maybe Ziyi Zhang? :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

DeleteMyAccount

​Honey, if they can do the Beast a real thing, Mushu should be easy

​But that's easy.  Beast can be played by a human.  Just look at the Broadway show.  Will Mushu just be a  tiny CGI character or?...  I'd rather have a more serious take on the Mulan story.

Pure Adrenaline

Why ruin something that was absolutely near perfect? I don't comprehend. Calm your chill Disney :madge:

​Mulan was one of the first Disney movies I have watched as a child it was my favourite at one point I have probably watched and made my mom read me the book at least dozen times ...... I can't believe that Disney is going to comit such blasphemy ...... I'm disgust 

natalia-kills-willy-moon-apology.gif

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Finally! They've been planning to develop this for years now. Hope they still want Ziyi Zhang to play Mulan. I love her!

The Earth remembers, the stones remember. If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Archived