Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Disney developing live-action Mulan film

Coop

Featured Posts

Coop

516BH9WH2PL.jpg

Disney is set to make a live action film out of another animated classic, Mulan.

EW can confirm that Disney has ordered a script for a live-action take on the tale of Hua Mulan, the hero of Disney’s 1998 animated film. That version had Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star Ming-Na Wen voicing the titular hero. The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news.

Disney has purchased a script from writing duo Elizabeth Martin and Lauren Hynek with Chris Bender and J.C. Spink attached to produce.

No release date or casting has been announced for the in-development project, but it can be added to the growing list of live-action takes on Disney’s vast catalog of beloved animated films. Cinderella recently debuted No. 1 at the box office and has so far earned over $330 million worldwide.

Disney also has a live-action Beauty and the Beast in the works, starring Emma Watson, coming in 2017, while another Alice in Wonderland is set for 2016. A new The Jungle Book is also planned for 2016, and a live-action Dumbo with Tim Burton directing is said to be in the works.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/30/disney-developing-live-action-mulan-film

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Staryu

ASHGLKLFKD :giveup: 

They're being really lazy nowadays, but that doesn't mean that I won't watch those. :excited2: 

xoxo cupcakke

Why ruin something that was absolutely near perfect? I don't comprehend. Calm your chill Disney :madge:

gagzus

They're literally tired now they've ran out of Walt's ideas he did before he died :madge: 

Haroon

So in the next few years we can expect all of our Disney classics to be released in live-action versions one by one? :confused: I guess this is a good way for the newer generation to enjoy them if they're passed the stage of enjoying flat animation :shrug: I hate to say it but I'm probably one of those people that would like it kept as it is for nostalgia's sake, but I guess if I don't enjoy this remake then I'll always have the perfect original to fall back on :flutter: 

Prismatic

HsBm3vh.gif

Yasssss. I'm super excited!! One of my favorite disney movie ever!! 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Didymus

Yawn. I mean, seriously. What kind of lazy money grab. The movie was bashed in China as well, so I'm a bit surprised they chose this particular one.

Vernier

Looks like live action movies are the new superhero movies for hollywood now :giveup: Milk that cow :smh: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Soon they will announce live actions of Pocahontas, Tangled and Frozen 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

TraeumereiLPB

Can't wait for The Lion King live action.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

DeleteMyAccount

This movie has the ability to be great but I'm a bit curious of how they'll do Mushu..

elijahfan

So.... Alice in Wonderland, Snow-White and the Huntsman, Maleficent, Cinderella, and now Beauty and the Beast and Mulan. Ok, this was exciting at first, but now it's just distressing. The current state of the film industry frightens me more and more.

No Angel

This is great. More Asian actors to shine considering they're literally invisible in Hollywood film. This will be exciting if done right!

Archived