💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?

JusKeepBreathin

Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Interscope Records lacks the ability to properly promote pop stars? Specifically female pop stars. Like Lady Gaga and Madonna

• Yes they lack the ability
    • No they do not lack the ability
    • Not Sure

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Jive is the best?

What did they do for Britney Jean? 

LBR most if not all major record labels are only following the market, whats trending, whats big for today, they seek profits in the end.

Once in blue moon some labels makes huge profit by letting such talent as Gaga or Adele soar but not for long because they soon  go with the flow again.

If anything, Interscope is at worst for milking their costumers.

On May 13, 2007 Reznor made a post on his blog on the official Nine Inch Nails website condemning Universal Music Group for their pricing and distribution plans for Year Zero. The full text of that post is as follows:

Hidden Content

After the above post, Reznor stated in an interview that he was interested in self-releasing future material:

Hidden Content

On October 8, 2007, Reznor announced that he was a free agent through a posting at both nin.com and The Spiral:

"Hello everyone. I've waited a LONG time to be able to make the following announcement: as of right now Nine Inch Nails is a totally free agent, free of any recording contract with any label. I have been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate. Look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008. Exciting times, indeed."

​I agree. That is a great point. They are not serving the interest of the artist nor the consumer.

Jive closed in 2011 before Britney Jean.  Its like the new record company she is with now doesn't know what to do with Britney since they Jive closed. Jive made her a huge star along with a lot of really popular acts from the early 2000's

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadisiak

lets not forget jimmy lovine left 

Jive is the best?

What did they do for Britney Jean? 

LBR most if not all major record labels are only following the market, whats trending, whats big for today, they seek profits in the end.

Once in blue moon some labels makes huge profit by letting such talent as Gaga or Adele soar but not for long because they soon  go with the flow again.

If anything, Interscope is at worst for milking their costumers.

On May 13, 2007 Reznor made a post on his blog on the official Nine Inch Nails website condemning Universal Music Group for their pricing and distribution plans for Year Zero. The full text of that post is as follows:

Hidden Content

After the above post, Reznor stated in an interview that he was interested in self-releasing future material:

Hidden Content

On October 8, 2007, Reznor announced that he was a free agent through a posting at both nin.com and The Spiral:

"Hello everyone. I've waited a LONG time to be able to make the following announcement: as of right now Nine Inch Nails is a totally free agent, free of any recording contract with any label. I have been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate. Look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008. Exciting times, indeed."

​jive doesn't exist anymore . all artists from Jive are on RCA now . 

aka the label who r proud when an artist is able to reach the gold certification in USA :P 

Où est-tu ma Salope ?

JusKeepBreathin

Actually Ellie didn't have failed singles. The only single she put out everywhere was Burn and a year later Beating Heart (which was from a OST) then she made every other single only for the UK :smh: 

Love Me Like You Do isn't even part of her Halcyon Days era, it's separate so.

​You're right. In her case I mean her Halcyon album. It debuted at #9 and has only gone gold in the US. Lights sold about 300k in the US compared to much better numbers in the UK. They are not really taking care of her in the US. Interscope is her US record company. Polydor is her UK record company.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

freebit

I think they're definitely far less aggressive than say, Capital. Like for example I can't count how many times I heard a commercial promoting Sam Smith's debut album this summer when I was listening to KISS or Z100. 

I think on the pop spectrum of their roster, most of the successful acts have broken through because of the sheer quality or appeal of their material. If you think about it, Gaga's eras have always been kind of disorganized from the beginning (the sporadic release for Eh Eh and BDR, only with LoveGame ending up as the real single).

Nelly Furtado could have benefited so much from Waiting for the Night as her first single (especially with the right promotion support), but for whatever reason Big Hoops was chosen and released with very little fanfare.

Gwen and Fergie's random singles were just so pointless. 

I know this has got to be part of the managerial decisions of these women's teams, but you would think the label would also be partially responsible for some of this mess.

SchwineLove

I always think Interscope management is kind of arrogant and tends to over control her artist. They seemed not so warm inside, like they don't maintain good relationship with their artists, just for money.

Looking at Taylor Swift's case, she won't get a chance to put her insight to her works if she were in Interscope.

JusKeepBreathin

I think they're definitely far less aggressive than say, Capital. Like for example I can't count how many times I heard a commercial promoting Sam Smith's debut album this summer when I was listening to KISS or Z100. 

I think on the pop spectrum of their roster, most of the successful acts have broken through because of the sheer quality or appeal of their material. If you think about it, Gaga's eras have always been kind of disorganized from the beginning (the sporadic release for Eh Eh and BDR, only with LoveGame ending up as the real single).

Nelly Furtado could have benefited so much from Waiting for the Night as her first single (especially with the right promotion support), but for whatever reason Big Hoops was chosen and released with very little fanfare.

Gwen and Fergie's random singles were just so pointless. 

I know this has got to be part of the managerial decisions of these women's teams, but you would think the label would also be partially responsible for some of this mess.

​I think the label is the one choosing the singles and drawing up marketing plans based on the budget they have. I remember when Lady Gaga had to fight to make Alejandro a single. The label wanted to go in another direction. Applause also wasn't Lady Gaga's choice for first single. 

Tove Lo

​You're right. In her case I mean her Halcyon album. It debuted at #9 and has only gone gold in the US. Lights sold about 300k in the US compared to much better numbers in the UK. They are not really taking care of her in the US. Interscope is her US record company. Polydor is her UK record company.

What does Cherrytree Records do for her then? They help with stuff in the US and that's all I know. 

But idk, it just seems like a common thing for Ellie. She only releases a few singles for the US that she knows are radio friendly here and releases all the normal ones that won't flop in the UK.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Whispering

They started going downhill about three years ago, when Jimmy Iovine started concentrating more on his Beats business. He was making the decision to leave before ARTPOP came out. 

Since Jimmy left, things have gone even more downhill. He was the guy who had the major pull and influence, with radio and the music industry in general. 

Versace

They are so tired their not as bad as other labels but just tired and I am surprised their BTW promo was the best promo I've ever seen literally the definition of flawless promo was BTW era. I feel it was so good that it overexposed her.

Darcklighter22

Both Troy Carter and Jimmy Iovene seem to be in it for the cash from how Iovene switched to Apple and Carter talking about the marketing plus of apps to be released with albums.  It's not surprising but at the same time is the reason why allot of generic pop songs get put out lately as there is that selling numbers mentality allot of the management teams and higher up instead of trying to truly develop the artist and allowing there artistic growth.

No, it has to do with the images of these girls. And the managers get the deals and ensure promotion.

Carly Rae Jepsen had a bubble gum hit because it was so catchy and she is also signed by Interscope, but her bubble gum were everywhere because of the whole style.

Interscope for example gave M.I.A a chance and signed her, she is not as good marketable as Katy Perry for example, other record companies wouldn't have let release her anything.

Also i found that Interscope allows many freedoms, i mean Gaga as the biggest act in 2012/2011 Has  brought a completly no name like White Shadow on board. He even produced  an entire album with Gaga - after BTW.

StrawberryBlond

I really think they, and a lot of other labels, need to do a serious evaluation of the people on their label, how to re-market them, promote them better, give them guidance. Females especially. A lot of labels don't seem to have a clue how to promote women, apart from maybe Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. Everyone else, it's like, I don't see them promoting and they just have to hope radio picks up on their singles, or they get nowhere. Male artists like Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith are everywhere, like they need any more promo, right? And I'm sick of seeing the same faces being successful all the time just because they have a good team behind them.

However, I don't think interscope are as bad as some. RCA is the worst for dealing with female artists. They had some recent success with Pink and Miley Cyrus, but apart from them, the rest of their female roster are over, almost over or never happened in the first place. Kemosabe (Kesha's old label) should also be in the dictionary next to "mess."

Michael Woodson

Hell yeah, they certainly don't know how to properly promote female pop stars. **** Interscope Records...One of the reasons why ARTPOP underperform was because Interscope is ****ing terrible at promoting and marketing pop albums. Gaga needs to sign with another record label. 

Whispering

Hell yeah, they certainly don't know how to properly promote female pop stars. **** Interscope Records...One of the reasons why ARTPOP underperform was because Interscope is ****ing terrible at promoting and marketing pop albums. Gaga needs to sign with another record label. 

She can't. Not until she gives them two more solo albums. 

Archived