💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Metacritic: FROOT | 76

Henry

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

Electra Heart had more powerful songs, regardless of the production genre, the album as a whole had a theme that was evenly distributed between the songs, every song was strongly connected to the theme, it was a bigger project (the 'Part's videos, the archetyes, the use of tumblr to deliver lines that developed the theme even further, the creation of a persona to talk about creating personas, and so on), the electro-pop production might have been forced, but the theme and concept came straight from Marina's heart and as a whole is her most complete album.

Froot is GREAT, I love it, but it's just good songs together with a colorful photoshoot, they don't make the album feel more complete as a whole, not even in the level that Family Jewels did, also TFJ sounded way more unique, fresh and strong. I LOVE this album but it is not on another level compared to the previous two.

:applause: I don't get why Electra Heart is suddenly something Marina was "forced" to do.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Addy Ezzie

Wow that's great ! I highly doubt it'll be 90+ after the reviews start coming in but it's well-deserved imo. It's a brilliant album :woohoo:

ItsTommyBitch

:applause: I don't get why Electra Heart is suddenly something Marina was "forced" to do.

​It wasn't something she was forced to do at all, she did it intentionally, but I think people are more commenting on the fact that she knew it was a temporary phase and did it for fun not because "Electra Heart" is actually her or how she wants to make music.  It's a very different album from what she probably set out to ever make or put out into the world is all. I feel like FROOT is more organic (no pun intended :duck: ) in this regard. Electra Heart is a very strong (and critically underrated :sweep: ) album sonically and melodically but I think some people tend to like an album for less concrete reasons as # of "good" songs to bad... for example, The Family Jewels has the most charm to me because of how indie it is ad her sometimes jarring vocal delivery, but FROOT is my favorite because of how much progress it seems like shes made and it imo combines the best of TFJ and EH in one :yes:. I do actually think that listening to the tracks you can kind of tell from some songs like Sex Yeah that the almost full on feminist approach may have been her original intent rather than the vain but ironic "Electra Heart". At least, it comes off to me that it may have been confused at first, but certain songs just also kind of happened to fit the new theme if you get what I mean? :duck:

Lyrically Im just as impressed by FROOT as I am with Electra Heart personally.

I do think FROOT should have been longer track list wise. We at least know theres 1 more song that didn't make the album :awkney: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

I loved the concept behind EH, the persona she ccreated and all, and I loved the music as well but it is also her most basic. TFJ is still her best imo, though Froot comes close :wub:

superhuman

Jenniferella

I hated Electra Heart but I'm addicted to Froot.

LOVE this album, brilliant !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Valextra

Electra Heart had more powerful songs, regardless of the production genre, the album as a whole had a theme that was evenly distributed between the songs, every song was strongly connected to the theme, it was a bigger project (the 'Part's videos, the archetyes, the use of tumblr to deliver lines that developed the theme even further, the creation of a persona to talk about creating personas, and so on), the electro-pop production might have been forced, but the theme and concept came straight from Marina's heart and as a whole is her most complete album.

Froot is GREAT, I love it, but it's just good songs together with a colorful photoshoot, they don't make the album feel more complete as a whole, not even in the level that Family Jewels did, also TFJ sounded way more unique, fresh and strong. I LOVE this album but it is not on another level compared to the previous two.

cd7ab5683a7bd7ef035bfd76353fd7b6.jpg

Rosalina

It's really sad and depressing that people think FROOT is inferior to Electra Heart.

Electra Heart was an extremely mediocre album, musically speaking. The album is way too overproduced, and dubstep/electronic music really isn't Marina's style.

I imagine most of the people who hate FROOT are from the US and know her from Electra Heart and may not be familiar with British indie-pop music. The album sounds quintessentially British - the live band, the honesty of the songs and the fact the album was written solely by Marina gives it a level of authenticity and organic ness that is missing in Electra Heart. 

I think Marina's finally found what she's been looking for, in terms of her musical direction. FROOT is her best work, by a mile.

"I imagine most of the people who hate FROOT are from the US and know her from Electra Heart and may not be familiar with British indie-pop music."

​So true. I never thought about it that way, but i think this is why.

Valextra

I'm glad she is getting positive reviews by the way, she deserves the recognition also for her previous works. 

Archived