musician

Taylor Swift

Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfHarlow

I'm so excited! I'm driving up to Charlotte, NC to see her on Monday.. two days shy of my birthday!

Serendipity

@Spock can you update the OP?

BB is the current single

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

As we all know, Taylor's 4th single "Bad Blood (ft. Kendrick Lamar)", off of her 5th album 1989, has already reached #1 and looks as if it might return to the spot again in the near future. The single will probably be about over by August or so, given it spends ~15 weeks in the Top 10, meaning a new single should be under discussion to keep the era going throughout the tour. I made this thread in hopes that we could discuss an idea for the next single, as in; what do you want from her for the 5th single? Which song? A remix maybe (w/ or w/o feature)? Video and promotional ideas? Give all your ideas, as I am curious what people think could work.

I am honestly thinking "Wildest Dreams" would work perfectly, with a Calvin Harris remix (and yes I really mean that). She could get in the studio with him and they could possibly come up with a slightly more updeat, dance remix adding in extra "ooohs" and background echos and some stuff kind of like that. Do that, then release a beautiful music video including her and Calvin in it, without it being a mess like "Style". The video is filmed in a feild and around an autumn setting, something kind of dark and breathtaking — and it should be a bit more mature, filmed at night, and a little bit s-xier than her previous videos. That could possibly help it gain more views and help people see she can be a bit s-xy! Now, for the promotional schedule. I think she should perform it at the MTV VMA Awards, where she could debut it — open the show, perform it, release the remix to iTunes right after, then release the video to VEVO/YouTube right after the show. That should help it shoot to the top 5 on iTunes at least, probably higher, and if she mentions the video at the awards show it's possible it could get people to the video. She could perform it on some TV shows (Ellen, GMA, etc.) and make sure it gets iTunes promotion. If she did all that, I could see it peaking in the top 5 on the Hot 100, and the song sure is radio candy in a way — and with an upbeat remix it would likely help it even more, right? I think:

Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams ft. Calvin Harris
Hot 100 Peak: #3
Digital Songs: #1
Radio Songs: Top 3
I could see this selling around 1,500,000-2,500,000 in the US, 3,000,000-3,500,000 WW. It could very well flop but I think all things I mentioned above (especially a remix and the video) could really help it!

Sorry for the long OP, just want to get my ideas out! Discuss please what you might have in mind (assuming you like Taylor or care for her music).:hehe:

(P.S. I'm not sure if I put this under the right topic section, if a mod sees this and I did put it in the wrong section I'd be grateful if you put it there.)

People are speculating Out Of The Woods because there are official remixes out but idk I saw it on ATRL :neyde: 

JustPokeHerFace

I heard somewhere that Wildest Dreams was planned to be single #5, so I could see it working. And granted her and Calvin are still together, he could make a remix and be in the video. I think that if she were to perform at the VMAs (not sure how that could work because I don't know her touring schedule), and then release the music video and remix that same week, she could get a top 3 hit or even top the charts again. IDK.

Honestly, I could see the era going like this:

Single 5: Wildest Dreams (VMA performance, Calvin Harris remix and cameo in the MV)

Singles 6 (and possibly 7): AYHTDWS, New Romantics, or Wonderland 

Single 8 if there is 1: Whatever got left out in the list above, OOTW, or HYGTG

It has to be either Wildest Dreams, Out of the Woods or New Romance

And I can totally see her getting another #1 with any of those songs

Queen of Pop

Miranda Sings

Though I'd probably dislike it, a Wildest Dreams remix with Calvin would probably do very well. I want the song as the next single regardless, but that would for sure give it an extra push. I'd prefer a ballad since the other singles have all been uptempo, and This Love isn't as good. Honestly though, she could chose to release any song sans Welcome To New York and I'd be fine with it.

I heard somewhere that Wildest Dreams was planned to be single #5, so I could see it working. And granted her and Calvin are still together, he could make a remix and be in the video. I think that if she were to perform at the VMAs (not sure how that could work because I don't know her touring schedule), and then release the music video and remix that same week, she could get a top 3 hit or even top the charts again. IDK.

I do agree, I think it could shoot up to #3 the following week, #1 is possible but that all depends on the video and how well it is received and how well it sells. I really don't see it hitting #1 but me (and 85% of everyone else) didn't see "Bad Blood" topping the charts either, anything is possible with this woman as of now, tbh. If she topped the charts again I'd be thrilled... that would mean only 1 more to go! :teehee: But not even that, if any song on the album deserved a #1 it would be "Wildest Dreams", IMO.

Sad Kid

Wildest Dreams remix and grab a Lana collab. :love:

Credits to the guy on my avi. Love his shirt!!!

homomo

New Romantics would be the perfect 5th and final single.

It's most logical for a mid August radio release. This will give it about two weeks until the VMA's where she could do a performance plus potentially premiere the music video the same night. This would give it tons of attention like Bad Blood.

The biggest reason why this should be next single is because of timing. The song has a end of summer/early fall vibe to it, and it would be released at that time too, and peak in popularity in September/early October. 

Serendipity

I want Clean, my fave from @1989

It's so beautiful

I hope it can go #1 with a VMA performance

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Haroon locked and unlocked this topic

Archived