music news

Madonna's Rebel Heart predicted to sell 115-125k

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swakby

I do kind of want Rebel Heart to be successful because Madonna actually seems to care about this project (unlike MDNA which mostly just seemed like an excuse to tour).

​this 

Ladey Gagz

​Why does she NEED Eshe tho? The only peoplanyway need #1's are the hardcore petty fans that live for nothing but the chart success. Tbh, I think Madonna is in a place where she ain't fooled no more by terms like "relevancy", "flop" or "first-week sales" because they have absolutely no in real life when she goes out on stage and performs for 25,000+ people every other day

Oh I didn't mean it that way

I said that because imo an album as good as RH deserves that #1

Maybe I shouldve said deserves instead of needs :sweat:   

We all know shes coming for that #1 tour anyeay

​Frozen was obviously an exception, however it does seem like soundtracks overall have become bigger the past couple years. Ever since Young and Beautiful everyone's been hopping on them. :lana:

​It has nothing to do with Young and Beautiful. Glee`s soundtrack was huge in the first two seasons, Skyfall by Adele was also very big. Hanna Montana, High School Musical, Camp Rock... 

Alcina Dimitrescu

Pretty good given the context :air:

I hope Empire, the better album, gets that #1

ZbPv0T0S.gif

​funny that you used a JLo gif, the 40K chanteuse :air:

​funny that you used a JLo gif, the 40K chanteuse :air:

​What was the last time Madonna had a hit as big as On The Floor? Likely 2005.

Spock

​What was the last time Madonna had a hit as big as On The Floor? Likely 2005.

​Why do you try to discredit Madonna every single time in almost every thread? Like, if you don't like her stop.
Are the sales incredibly good? No. Are they as high as MDNA's? No, but that's because they were bundled with tour tickets. Is it not awesome that a crappy TV soundtrack will probably beat her? Yeah, it's not. But she is a woman with a 30+ year career on her back, releasing her thirteenth studio album, who had a flop flop flop lead single and whose album started leaking in full with extensive press coverage three months ago. Given all of this, 120k is not bad at all. Especially when you consider that on the one hand, it's almost on par with current pop girls numbers and on the other, other older legends such as Cher, Mariah and JLo had embarrassingly low sales below 60k. And from what I gather, you're also a Kylie fan so I wouldn't say anything about Rebel Heart's numbers when Kiss Me Once had those dismal sales and that dismal era.

who will love me when the night is over

Zsolti

LMAO AT EMPIRE TRYING TO REPLACE GLEE 

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

And from what I gather, you're also a Kylie fan so I wouldn't say anything about Rebel Heart's numbers when Kiss Me Once had those dismal sales and that dismal era.

I was just sticking up for JLo. Madge is headed for very similar opening week sales as KMO, and her lead single at #26 UK didn't come close to Into the Blue at #12.

I suspect that rooting for the freaking FRONTRUNNER or Queen is important to a large segment of Madonna fans, as they love bringing up charts and money as a main selling point in stan debates.

Bloody

​Frozen was obviously an exception, however it does seem like soundtracks overall have become bigger the past couple years. Ever since Young and Beautiful everyone's been hopping on them. :lana:

​Where have u been cody? :duck:
I missed your posts. :bunny:

Yanko

For me, this is very good news. The album leaked in its integrity almost 3 months ago.  This projection is actually what I expected.

She's Madonna. No one is ever coming close to her legacy in our lifetime. Every single sale, whether it's an album or single, is just cake now. Enjoy it. It's a great to have her Madgesty still making amazing music 30 years into her legendary career. 

If/when Gaga has a 30 year career and still sells 125k, I will be ecstatic.

​this and the twats on ggd need to understand this before they try to disrespect a living legend

enjoy her while you can 

Archived