Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

If anyone has any doubt that Karma is real after this.... :air: 

It's science, bitch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

They still made a pretty penny from the song even after this fee thing, but it is still quite a chunk :spin: 

SKANK

The other day on MSNBC I saw a professor of music demonstrate with a live band how Blurred Lines and Got To Give It Up are similar but not so similar as to breach copy right laws. The professor gave a technical explication that my ignorant ass couldn't attempt to repeat, but it made sense. Sam Smith's lawsuit with Tom Petty was a clear example of copy right infringement, but when it comes to Blurred Lines and Got To Give It Up it's not as clear. 

It's my understanding that the entire copyright system for music is pretty antiquated anyway. 

Princess Die

I don't want to be the one to say "serves you right", buuuuuut... :hunty:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

InsideOutright

this makes up for the song obnoxiously raping radio the entire summer of 2013 lol

​:tea:

Radio stations better stop playing it now. :P I heard it twice last week.

Supersonic

I was reading its background.  It states that they wanted to make something like gOt To Give it Up and also credited Marvin as a writer on the song?

like Nicki did with Anaconda and Baby Got Back?

​I think the issue was that they credited Marvin Gaye as a "songwriter" but didn't ask the responsible people for permission of the sample and didn't pay the songwriting royalities of the song to the legal heirs of Marvin Gaye.

MANiCURE1295

**** like this is SO bad for the music industry...like basically what the court is saying is that you can no longer be influenced by previous music. Like it's 2015 how are we supposed to continue putting out music that doesn't resemble anything else and then whip out MILLIONS if a court decides that you're guilty of "stealing" a song. I think it's laughable that you guys are giving them so much **** after the EY vs BTW drama. Gaga even said herself that the chord she was using in BTW has been used in disco music for ages. Artists and others are influenced by the past, they listen to something and they want to make new art. Pharrell did a lot of work on that record that made it sound VERY different from Marvin Gaye's song. Reports like these don't help the music industry, they hurt it. 

Do you guys REALLY think Marvin Gaye would want those men SUED for millions over his 1970's song. No he wouldn't. He was an artist and believe it or not I don't think he would've agreed with this.

Archived