Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Rihanna

Mills

Featured Posts

i like the acoustic sound, not the song overall. it's underwhelming. maybe it's a grower?

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am the only one who thinks you are embarassing yourself because there isn't anyone else in the conversation :shrug: Can't wait til it flops and then I wil be glad to rub it in your face xo

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :legend:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6450959/rihanna-kanye-west-paul-mccartney-hot-100-fourfiveseconds

"FourFiveSeconds," the new track from Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney, should roar onto the Billboard Hot 100 released this week, following the song's arrival on Saturday (Jan. 24).

Industry sources suggest that the sunny, acoustic-based track -- in which Rihanna and West trade vocals -- sold between 50,000 and 60,000 downloads on Saturday and Sunday.

Rihanna Previews New Sound With Kanye West, Paul McCartney Track

Radio has also taken a quick liking to the song, as it debuts on Pop Songs at No. 37 with less than two full days of airplay. Thanks to hourly plays Sunday on numerous iHeartMedia-owned stations, it starts on the ranking with more than 1,000 plays on nearly 100 reporters, which translates to a reach of 7.4 million in audience, according to Nielsen Music.

The song's sales, airplay and any streaming totals could combine for its debut perhaps in the Hot 100's upper half. On the Digital Songs chart, "FourFiveSeconds" could launch in the top 20. All charts, including the Hot 100 and Digital Songs, will refresh on Billboard.com on Thursday. Highlights of the Hot 100 will post, as always, on Wednesday.

After a full first of week of availability, it's likely that "FourFiveSeconds" will vault higher on next week's Hot 100 (to be refreshed on Billboard.com Feb. 5).

"FIRST GLIMPSE AT MY NEW MUSIC!!!" Rihanna beamed Saturday on Twitter, directing followers to her website prominently featuring a link to purchase the song in the iTunes Store. She also posted a photo of herself, West and McCartney. In the song's first 48 hours of release, fans sent more than 614,000 tweets about Rihanna and the song, according to Twitter, sending it to No. 1 on the real-time Billboard + Twitter Trending 140 chart.

West earlier previewed the song for industry insiders at last week's three-day iHeartMedia Music Summit at Burbank, Calif.'s iHeartRadio Theatre.

Kanye West Plays New Music, Embraces Radio at Industry Event

Released on Roc Nation, "FourFiveSeconds" is being promoted by Def Jam -- Rihanna's record label -- to pop, adult pop, rhythmic and R&B/hip-hop radio. (While the new track debuts on Pop Songs, West's other new collab with McCartney [on keyboards], "Only One," rises 39-31 in its second week on Rhythmic Songs and debuts at No. 36 on Mainstream R&B/Hip-Hop. It debuted on the Hot 100 at No. 35 and has sold 195,000 downloads in its first two weeks.)

"FourFiveSeconds" elicits a "cool, different vibe," says Geespin, assistant program director/music director of R&B/hip-hop WWPR (Power 105.1) New York. The station played the song 18 times through Sunday. "We felt that it was important to expose it to our diverse audience, given the star power of the record."

"We expect this song to be one of the biggest of the year," proclaims Alex Tear, PD of Pop Songs panelist WHYI (Y100) Miami (21 plays). "Social media response was immediately strong and the song sounds amazing on-air. Kanye is in a great place; we welcome, with open arms, the return of RiRi; and, to top it off, Paul?!

"Home run. I would say it's on its way to No. 1."

Suck on that :legend:

This is the lead? Lord

She tweeted this 

https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/559388711092486144

So yea it's the lead single

blacklistedd

I like her look on the single cover, I like that this song is different for her, but I don't like the song itself. Its actually kind of irritating.

Ladey Gagz

That doesn't guarantee it will stay up there. In fact, the song has just now started to fall on iTunes.

nn it didn't even reach #1 on iTunes :rip:

That doesn't guarantee it will stay up there. In fact, the song has just now started to fall on iTunes.

It's been #2 all day :awkney:

It's been #2 all day :awkney:

Theres a site called KWORB that tracks of songs are increasing or decreasing in sales. It just started to decrease.

Battle 4 Ur Life

mess @ this being her first single.  :ohno:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

lindongardon

This song is 100000x better than your faves generic mess lead singles aka Shake it Off. :lollipop:

Archived