Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HuffingtonP: Gaga was the biggest pop star in the world What happened?

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga

What happened was she released (commercial) music that didn't resonate with the general public.

As soon as she released an album (C2C) with an un-pretentious concept and killer vocals, she was awarded for it by her peers and the media.

It's really simple.... the GP can smell a failed concept from a mile away.

Commercial pop posing as commercial pop is awarded,

art posing as art is awarded,

commercial pop posing as art - flops.

That's the way it is, that's the way it's always been, and it's completely justifiable.

:applause:

Bloody

What happened was she released (commercial) music that didn't resonate with the general public.

As soon as she released an album (C2C) with an un-pretentious concept and killer vocals, she was awarded for it by her peers and the media.

It's really simple.... the GP can smell a failed concept from a mile away.

Commercial pop posing as commercial pop is awarded,

art posing as art is awarded,

commercial pop posing as art - flops.

That's the way it is, that's the way it's always been, and it's completely justifiable.

best answer  :applause:

Fiona Apple

Just because the article is not praising Gaga y'all saying they've been paid? :rip:

Your blind stanning :rip:

They didn't lie :coffee:

they weren't paid obviously..but they are saying a lot of bull****

holy scheisse

I 100% agree. very well thought out article.

Like always, an article with negative points on LG is written by a biased and pressed writer.  :troll:

any non-positive/unadoring opinion is wrong :troll:

Just because the article is not praising Gaga y'all saying they've been paid? :rip:

This. At the moment KP is bigger with the gp. It's not like they're saying Gaga is over or that she will be anytime soon, just that she's not as popular and has lost some of her appeal to the gp.

Her engagement is such a big deal that even Perez ate his pride and posted about it.

This article is next level stupid.

Psychedelic

Madonna is not doing so well, we'll have to wait and see when the album drops, but there aren't good signs.

Katy Perry got major hits, yeah right, but her album sold just slightly better than ARTPOP.

So, they got it wrong there.

What I do agree is that even with little to moderate success, both Madonna and Katy have had more impact than Gaga did with ARTPOP. They get headlines, they're talked about everywhere. If they make a public appearance in an award show or elsewhere, people perceive them as a highlight whether for good or bad. And as for Gaga, people just lost interest on her, completely... GP just dont' care, don't care for good reasons, dont care for bad reasons.

Gaga needs a major reinvention if she wants to make impact again.

Fiona Apple

This. At the moment KP is bigger with the gp. It's not like they're saying Gaga is over or that she will be anytime soon, just that she's not as popular and has lost some of her appeal to the gp.

they also said that madonna is more popular.her lead single can't even enter hot 100  :rip:

Madonna is not doing so well, we'll have to wait and see when the album drops, but there aren't good signs.

Katy Perry got major hits, yeah right, but her album sold just slightly better than ARTPOP.

So, they got it wrong there.

What I do agree is that even with little to moderate success, both Madonna and Katy have had more impact than Gaga did with ARTPOP. They get headlines, they're talked about everywhere. If they make a public appearance in an award show or elsewhere, people perceive them as a highlight whether for good or bad. And as for Gaga, people just lost interest on her, completely... GP just dont' care, don't care for good reasons, dont care for bad reasons.

Gaga needs a major reinvention if she wants to make impact again.

You seriously think that general public caresa bout madonna? wtf? I wonder where you guys get your information..At this point Gaga is x100 more relevant than Madonna lol 

Vernier

And because you agree with them, that automatically means they're right? Have several seats pls. They raised some points, you agree with them, other disagree :shrug:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Fiona Apple

When you're so important that NOT being important makes headlines, that says something.

wow that's a pretty smart comment

they also said that madonna is more popular.her lead single can't even enter hot 100  :rip:

You seriously think that general public caresa bout madonna? wtf? I wonder where you guys get your information..At this point Gaga is x100 more relevant than Madonna lol 

Ya, some of their points about Madge are laughable, but the rest of the article still stands valid with just the kp comparisons.

How do you define relevancy exactly? Madonna is Madonna! She is part of music history forever. She invented and re-invented pop music over and over. Gaga at the moment with six years into a career is at best a footnote is the history of music. Madonna has nothing else to prove. She is 56 and still doing music. She doesn't need to chart. She has done it all before. She is a legend.

Psychedelic

Not really, Madonna will always be more relevant just because of her legend status.

Archived