Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BBC Radio 1 receives a huge backlash for banning Madonna

Yanko

Featured Posts

I love how they use Paul McCartney as an example when he's only playing guitar on those songs. It could be anyone on guitar. They would never play an actual Paul McCartney track.

this 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question, why do you center all of your text?

*Because i'm an egoistic **** with a superiority complex personality disorder & planning to become the Admin of GGD by centering all of my posts.

*:emma:

*There's no specific reason really, i just think it looks classier.

Because i'm an egoistic **** with a superiority complex personality disorder & planning to become the Admin of GGD by centering all of my posts.

:lmao: 

m should release b---h im madonna (ft nicki minaj) so theyll play it :party: 

The tracks played on Radio 1 are chosen on musical merit and their relevance to our young audience on a case-by-case basis, and whilst around 40% of the country's 15 to 29-year-olds tune into Radio 1 each week, an artist's age is never a factor.

I smell BS. Why did Capitol FM, which is a top commercial radio station, support Kylie's lead single last year but Radio 1 wouldn't touch it? And why not play Robbie when Candy went #1 on the charts?

I love how they use Paul McCartney as an example when he's only playing guitar on those songs. It could be anyone on guitar. They would never play an actual Paul McCartney track.

Exactly. Same way they'll play David Guetta who is mid-40s, long as someone young  is rapping or singing.

swine killer

It has nothing to do with her age. They would play the song if it was clicking with their audience or was in high demand, but it obviously isn't.

photo-16754.jpg?_r=1424036095

artpopmess

They're so stupid for saying that 

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

monsterdreams

I'm not surprised at the backlash

They are agist

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Does anyone actually want to hear it on the radio though?

Have you checked the increasing airplay around the world?

Obviously they do.

iloveit123

Yay I am so glad that radio is depending on teeangers and their clicks....

And not every other artist/song that is played on there is loved by everybody who is listening (often it's the opposite)... ok, so maybe don't play it as much as some others but they could at least play it for some fans... and get new fans.

Oh Lord, radio has to be one of THE most annoying entities in the world. I am so glad the digital age has come along.

RAMROD

Luving For Love :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Why didn't the Madonna stans protest this when it happened to other artists they dislike such as Mariah Carey?

Plz

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

It has nothing to do with her age. They would play the song if it was clicking with their audience or was in high demand, but it obviously isn't.

That's just a load of BS and you know it. Besides this is not only a question of LFL, but about many other artists' work.

This so damn much!

Archived