VIDEO: Christina Aguilera SLAYS at the NBA Performance

Valextra

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christina Aguilera Combines with Nas, Rockettes for NBA All-Star Intro

christina-aguilera-nba-all-star-2015-bil

Christina Aguilera, born in Staten Island before finding music superstardom as a teenager, returned to New York to kick off the NBA All-Star Game with an NYC-themed introduction. The Rockettes and surprise guest Nas joined Aguilera at Madison Square Garden on Sunday night (Feb. 15) as part of the Entertainment Series presented by JBL.

Instead of running through her own hits, Aguilera chose to stick to New York anthems both old and new: entering the stage in a giant, swiveling Big Apple, Aguilera arrived in a sleek black pantsuit and opened with a sultry version of "New York, New York." A crew of backup dancers waved their canes and dipped their top hats during "On Broadway," as Aguilera demonstrated her vocal power in the arena.

Midway through the performance, Queens rap icon Nas was unveiled as a surprise guest, and spat a few bars of "N.Y. State of Mind" before disappearing. The intro to "Empire State of Mind" began playing, and while All-Star attendees searched for Jay Z to appear, they were instead greeted by New York dance institution the Rockettes, who showed off their choreography as Aguilera belted out Alicia Keys' hook.

The Rockettes returned following the player introductions to perform a rendition ofTaylor Swift's "Welcome To New York," and Queen Latifah and Tamia performed the American and Canadian national anthems, respectively. The introduction led directly into the 2015 NBA All-Star Game, a slot that Pharrell Williams filled with a performance at last year's All-Star Game; Ariana Grande is scheduled to perform at halftime.

Last Sunday, Aguilera scooped up another Grammy for "Say Something," her collaboration with A Great Big World, which won best pop duo/group performance. On Feb. 23, Aguilera returns to The Voice for the show's eighth season, and will battle Williams, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6472969/christina-aguilera-nas-rockettes-nba-all-star-introductions?facebook_20150215

oh my god it was a well executed performance and she looks great but i literally can't stand her voice :giveup:

Same!! These live vocals were just not pleaseant to the ears.  :shrug:

omg it was great.......by the way who is that girly looking guy in that pic with her

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived