Applause Surpasses 200 million views on VEVO

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyRomance

no, applause. read the title hun, it's not hard to understand. x

i was just asking edge of glory views on vevo. Why are you trying to be rude?

NewYorkCity

I've noticed that some of the Applause views are from GTA V players who listened to the song on the game, because there's a lot of comments kind of ''GTA V brought me here and now I love this song'' so thanks to Rockstar Games for promoting the song :legend:

Slay :legend:

one of her best videos

lady%2520gaga%2520smoke.jpg

so happy for this

slay Applause

tumblr_mrs3wcAIsU1qeesspo1_500.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

:applause:

The huge initial push to break the VEVO record from the fans, I believe, helped a lot in building its momentum towards where the MV's right now
+ the longevity of the song on radio w/c lasted for months, if not more than a year
+ been the subject of the most hit Gaga parodies since the 2009/2010 popularity peak 
+ the digital era when VEVO has replaced MTV as the go-to place for music fans to watch music videos (and even listen music)
= streaming success for Gaga

Huge props to everyone who made this possible!

MelbHawker

no, applause. read the title hun, it's not hard to understand. x

Sorry I was watching the Real Housewives of Melbourne & was trying to be like them. 

blacklistedd

Bittersweet tbh. Even Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato could pull higher views with their lead singles but I'm happy it hit the mark.

I feel like certain artists pay for views more than others. Not saying that as a defense of Gaga, just in general I feel like its probably true. Its honestly the only reason a hardly considered 'hit' like The Heart Gets What It Wants' which hasn't even cracked the top 10 is nearing on 200mill already soon. And don't even get me started on Rihanna, I think shes dope as **** but You Da One having that many views when literally hardly anyone gave a **** about it especially its video? Sketch.

Archived