💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio the reason GUY did not succeed

Quark

Featured Posts

Ladey Gagz

They weren't here for Gaga and there's nothing that would've made it better. No need to look for an explanation for everything.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pain of fame1

Only Gays actually think that.  Gaga said that sort of as a joke, but the overall theme is about giving yourself over to another person and being willing to be submissive.  It's not some Gay power bottom anthem and nobody in the GP would take it that way.

the theme is GP unfriendly yet,Venus and Gypsy were the only relatable songs on the album left, and maybe MANiCURE or SD could work aslo ( Do what u want was the most relatable)

Levine

It has been like that for centuries. Radio control everything and they decide if a song is gonna flop or not. 

HORRORHOLIC

releasing g.u.y was pointless 

it would flop nevertheless 

If any of the singles were requested or in demand the radio station would have played them. It was because the GP didn't care that the radio stopped playing the songs.

degenerate

When she released the first few snippets the first thing I thought was that the chorus was very underwhelming and quite boring if I'm being honest. The verses and definitely the bridge had potential, but the chorus fell short.

MJHolland

The theme isn't the issue. The song is about a female knowing she is in control even when she isn't on top, both physically, s-xually, and in life situations. No one cares what the theme is though, i can guarantee that. Because in this day and age, a song about a f-cking d*ck, Anaconda, can get praise and be on the top of the charts. People were just absolutely not here for Gaga. And it is sad, because even some of her fans abandoned her because she "wasn't succesful." It just wasn't a good time for her.

The theme was the issue.

If she'd hve promoted it more it, and internationally it could've been successful tbh

The song wasn't written as a power bottom song nor was it's original intention, the gays just made it so; it's about submitting to a man and still feeling powerful with a hint of not needing to be a mainstream success to know ur worth as an artist an woman (although the latter only kinda became apparent after the video)

Ergo: it's a song about reverse feminism

That's just BS. Gaga said in an interview herself that it was mainly about power bottoming. She even used this exact words. The feminism spin was only put on it later.

MJHolland

Only Gays actually think that.  Gaga said that sort of as a joke, but the overall theme is about giving yourself over to another person and being willing to be submissive.  It's not some Gay power bottom anthem and nobody in the GP would take it that way.

Who said it was a gay power bottom theme? It's just power bottoming in general. Girl Under You. The song is about getting f*cked and anyone that says otherwise is looking way too into it.

geopang

The theme was the issue.

That's just BS. Gaga said in an interview herself that it was mainly about power bottoming. She even used this exact words. The feminism spin was only put on it later.

Explain to me how Gypsy's theme is more radio friendly, since theme is the issue apparently

Lady GaGa talks "new-age feminist" track 'G.U.Y (Girl Under You)'

Published Nov 1 2012, 15:14 GMT | By Lewis Corner

Lady GaGa has spoken about a new song she has written.

The singer revealed that she wrote 'G.U.Y (Girl Under You)' as a "new-age feminist" and explained that the track deals with embracing the female image.

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a434990/lady-gaga-talks-new-age-feminist-track-guy-girl-under-you.html#~p1RJnF95S27uVe

FreePalestine

MJHolland

Explain to me how Gypsy's theme is more radio friendly, since theme is the issue apparently

Gypsy is a feel good song with a mindless chorus and hook that could sink its teeth into the minds of the GP.

Its theme is mediocre and not polarizing or substantial in any way. It's perfect for the radio. 

JazzGa

Remember when fans were requesting radios play GUY and that one DJ tweeted back that he wasn't gonna play it despite demand because he "didn't smell a hit"? 

I didn't think pop DJs had that much control over what they play :flop: I thought they just played whatever was charting well/the station had a deal with the label. 

Also, was it really the quality of the song itself that made it flop on the radio? Or did the stations have a personal vendetta against her because of the anti-corporate themes of the video/FUK U POP MUSIC THIS IS AHTPOHP/the split with Troy/other non-public reasons. Everyone I know who heard GUY said they liked it. I don't think anyone who isn't a fan interpreted it as a power-bottom song, just a general "i wanna s-x u up" song.  

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Ladey Gagz

Remember when fans were requesting radios play GUY and that one DJ tweeted back that he wasn't gonna play it despite demand because he "didn't smell a hit"? 

I didn't think pop DJs had that much control over what they play :flop: I thought they just played whatever was charting well/the station had a deal with the label.

Well I mean Birthday didn't chart very well but it was played everywhere and every time :emma:

Archived