Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Radio the reason GUY did not succeed

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Despite the internet, I think that the radio is still the main driving force when it comes to the success of a single. And I feel like the radio was probably the main reason GUY did not succeed. I mean Gaga released a great video, and the song itself is a very good pop song. But the radio simply decided to not play the song. I literary only heard the song once.

So how is the GP supposed to decide if they like the song or not if the radio did not give it chance? The radio DJ's simply decided that they did not like the song or that they did not like Gaga, and they never truly gave the GP a chance to listen to it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

releasing g.u.y was pointless 

it would flop nevertheless 

she just gave us the video as a gift 

Gypsy was more radio friendly than G.U.Y.

Yeah, but GUY was already released anyways. The radio could have given the song more of a chance.

Cody Draco

Yeah, but GUY was already released anyways. The radio could have given the song more of a chance.

G.U.Y. isn't a song you would hear on radio, just look at what else was on radio/is on radio. G.U.Y. is just way too busy for radio. Aura even seems less busy and better suited for radio play than G.U.Y.  :smh:

Jewels n Drugs

I never understood why radios snubbed G.U.Y.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

The fact that they waited a week after the video release to service the song to radio was probably the biggest mistake with the song.

Any single she would have released would have flopped, even gypsy. Nobody was here for her at that point. Blame former management.  :grr:  :grr:  :grr:

In conclusion, wait for LG5 y'all.

releasing g.u.y was pointless 

it would flop nevertheless 

she just gave us the video as a gift 

this

I think gaga already knew this was going to happen but she didn't care, she just wanted to compensate the DWUW mess

and I thank her for that

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

MJHolland

Oh god, who cares lol?!?!?

GUY= great song, GREAT music video, great performances= A SUCCESS 

Now lets move on with our lives 

Archived