Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Publisher omits mentions of pork in books to not offend Muslims.

Featured Posts

bionic

inb4 Swine is deleted form every copy of ARTPOP internationally :sis:

buy bionic

River

You are?!

A question, how come Muslim and Jew still don't eat pork? Because Christians have some rules too, for example in the Bible, "thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed; neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee"

But those are outdated so no one has followed them for millenia. Pork these days is just as safe to eat as other meats. Beef and other meats aren't perfect either, look at mad cow disease or CWD. We already learned to prevent trichinosis in pork populations long time ago.

So it seems like an outdated rule that should be relaxed for the 21st century to me :huh:

Because the pork is not "clean (it's not chews the cud and has a cloven hoof) so they can't eat it.

What happened with Christianity is that at some point the Cesar (don't remember who) canceled all religious laws, so for that time everyone had to eat pork, and when they accepted Christianity as a religion, they didn't changed back the law against pork, so it remained ok to eat pork for Christians..

But the funny thing is that Jews can eat  Giraffe meat because it's a clean animals by the rules :smh:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Valextra

Because the pork is not "clean (it's not chews the cud and has a cloven hoof) so they can't eat it.

What happened with Christianity is that at some point the Cesar (don't remember who) canceled all religious laws, so for that time everyone had to eat pork, and when they accepted Christianity as a religion, they didn't changed back the law against pork, so it remained ok to eat pork for Christians..

This is another thing that I find absurd, obselete and not-sense.

First, times changed, so now the pig meat is laborated, they are controlled, ecc, it's not like that time, second it's not that the other animals are better to eat for these 'clean' reasons, turkey or chickens eat **** as well if it happens, they are at the same level of clean.

To me it has more sense the Buddism religion that ban all the animals and meat, that makes sense, but only the pig for clean reasons is absurd because the other animals are dirty as well.

River

This is another thing that I find absurd, obselete and not-sense.

First, times changed, so now the pig meat is laborated, they are controlled, ecc, it's not like that time, second it's not that the other animals are better to eat for these 'clean' reasons, turkey or chickens eat **** as well if it happens, they are at the same level of clean.

To me it has more sense the Buddism religion that ban all the animals and meat, that makes sense, but only the pig for clean reasons is absurd because the other animals are dirty as well.

Trust me I know this mess, try to find good and cheap bacon in Israel, you will be disappointed.. there is only one farm who raise pigs and even for this they had to find a hole in the law, because it's against the law to raise a pig on the LAND in Israel, so they built some kind of ramp so the pigs will not touch the land :smh:

It's very stupid, but culture is a culture and jewish are obsessed with the biblical law, it will never change, they don't care about how everything has been changed..

And it's not only bacon, they can't eat sea food, specific fish, can't mix milk and meat together (no cheeseburger!!) and so on..

Morphine Prince

Trust me I know this mess, try to find good and cheap bacon in Israel, you will be disappointed.. there is only one farm who raise pigs and even for this they had to find a hole in the law, because it's against the law to raise a pig on the LAND in Israel, so they built some kind of ramp so the pigs will not touch the land :smh:

It's very stupid, but culture is a culture and jewish are obsessed with the biblical law, it will never change, they don't care about how everything has been changed..

And it's not only bacon, they can't eat sea food, specific fish, can't mix milk and meat together (no cheeseburger!!) and so on..

Help :rip: 

Paco

The Cesar? :scar: 

Valextra

I understand :emma:

Well if you will come in my country one day get a big provision of salami :fan: , here they're very tipical :yes:

Yes also that thing that on Saturday people can't use electric things if I'm not wrong :emma:

RAMROD

In this case will they ban the words "bacon" or "Pork Sausage/Sausage made of 10% pork" as well in the cold meat aisle in grocery stores?? :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Buy ♥ And ♥ Stream ♥ STUPID ♥ LOVE ♥

River

I understand :emma:

Well if you will come in my country one day get a big provision of salami :fan: , here they're very tipical :yes:

Yes also that thing that on Saturday people can't use electric things if I'm not wrong :emma:

You're sig says "I'm Italian" so I guess you are from Italy?

If yes I'm there every 2 weeks haha

Yes on Saturday you can't work, use electricity, drive your car, turn on the gas, use fire.. nothing.

There are the extremists who can't cut toilet paper, so they cut it few hours before :toofloppy:

Valextra

You're sig says "I'm Italian" so I guess you are from Italy?

If yes I'm there every 2 weeks haha

Yes on Saturday you can't work, use electricity, drive your car, turn on the gas, use fire.. nothing.

There are the extremists who can't cut toilet paper, so they cut it few hours before :toofloppy:

Yes I am :)

Really? That's cool, in which city?

Mess :flop:

River

Yes I am :)

Really? That's cool, in which city?

Mess :flop:

my boyfriend is Italian and we live in Nizza, but he's parents live in Vallecrosia (in the middle between San Remo to Ventimiglia)

LoyalMonster

I freaking love bacon.

YOU DONT LIKE BACON?!?!?!?!
tumblr_inline_mqsbnh5Wtv1qz4rgp.gif

Valextra

my boyfriend is Italian and we live in Nizza, but he's parents live in Vallecrosia (in the middle between San Remo to Ventimiglia)

That's very cool :hor:

Rae

Well freaking meantion that Pork you weak asshole.  Muslims  affend people  in their own country (not theirs) every day.  Why are even anyone caring about muslims or what they think ( Mohammed , Mohammed, Mohammed)  thats all folks.

Don't give them the time of day, but be warry at night.