Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll results about Islam/Muslims in Germany- incl. gay marriage

Featured Posts

Melech

Okay the Bertelsman study just revealed some results about Germans /German Muslims

57% of  non-Muslim Germans (jewish,christian,atheist) are scared of Islam

61% of non-Muslim Germans over 54 are scared of Islam

39% of non-Muslim Germans under 39 are scared of Islam

Conclusion of those result: Age plays an important role. The younger generation grew up in a multicultural generation, they have constantly contact with people with other religions. That's a good sign that the younger generation is less prejudiced.

70% of the Non-Muslim in Saxony are afraid of Islam (Muslim percentage in Saxony: 0,4%)

46% of the Non-Muslim in NRW are afraid of Islam (Muslim percentage in NRW: 2,78%)

Conclusion of those results: People in German states where are less Muslims tend to be more scared than the people in states with a huge Muslim percentage. 

But how doe Muslims see things in a Western country? 

90% of German Muslims see democracy as the best political system

60% of the liberal German Muslims support gay marriage

40% of the highly religious German Muslims support gay marriage

Conclusion to those results: Muslims in Germany try and are successful with integrating into our society. The afraidness of people of Islamisation is totally wrong since the majority of German Muslims don't support Sharia Law, but a little majority do support gay marriage. 

What are the thoughts on religion in general?

44% of the German Muslim consider themselves as strictly religious 

29% of German Catholics consider themselves as strictly religious

57% of German Muslims between 15-30 consider themselves as strictly religous

13% of German Catholics between 15-30 consider themselves as strictly religoius 

Conclusion to those results: Everybody can interpret it differently. Though it is suprising that the younger generation of Muslims is stricltly religious since the trend in other religions is otherwise 

What are Muslim thoughts on other religions?

93% of all German Muslims support tolerance for every religion 

85% of all German Muslims think that every religion has some truth 

Conlusion of those results: Very nice to see that. Muslims in other specific countries should take an example of that!

How do Non-Muslims and Muslims get a long?

53% of German Muslims say that they have the same amount of Muslim friends and Non-Muslim friends

8% of German Muslims say that they don't have Non-Muslim friends

Conclusion of those results: Some say that Muslims live in a parallel world in Germany. I guess that will silence them. 

I hope that will clear up some things in our Western society. The majority is integrated and even support gay marriage. Isn't that awesome? Let's not concentrate on hate, but stand up for eachother! 

NewYorkCity

I wouldn understand this if it was "are scared of extremist terrorists"... but scared of Islam? 

See the other results... 

53% of German Muslims say that they have the same amount of Muslim friends and Non-Muslim friends

what is there to be scared about? 

I love how they integrate in our society and have an open mind about these things

bionic

I mean, that's still nearly 40% of under 39s who are afraid of Muslims. Quite a significant number.

(Do you have the results for 40-53?)

buy bionic

Melech

I wouldn understand this if it was "are scared of extremist terrorists"... but scared of Islam? 

See the other results... 

what is there to be scared about? 

It's always easy to generalize a whole group of people. I mean I don't wanna know how many people think that all Gays are flamer etc. 

And things like ISIS or the terrorist attacks in Europe aren't really supportive.

I know it's stupid to be scared about it. 

I mean, that's still nearly 40% of under 39s who are afraid of Muslims. Quite a significant number.

(Do you have the results for 40-53?)

Nope sadly not. No idea why they been left out :flop: 

Supersonic

I used to live in a region that was devoutly religious and people complained about how "Muslims don't integrate into our society and live in parallel worlds" but in the same breath they said that mosques don't fit into the cityscape of Germany. Why would you say that those people don't want to integrate when you personally feel like they do not belong here anyway? That baffled me for years, and I'm glad I have moved away tbh

Majestic, the future is electric.

Didymus

Fascinating results and thanks for adding the conclusions with them. Very nice, this is such a good sign.

Melech

I used to live in a region that was devoutly religious and people complained about how "Muslims don't integrate into our society and live in parallel worlds" but in the same breath they said that mosques don't fit into the cityscape of Germany. Why would you say that those people don't want to integrate when you personally feel like they do not belong here anyway? That baffled me for years, and I'm glad I have moved away tbh

I don't get that either. And I think mosques are actually pretty. But only without somoene shouting off the minarets ofc. Not here to get waken up early. 

I'm glad that he church bells didnn't ring at night anymore where I used to live :air:

Btw you live in Berlin right? 

Fascinating results and thanks for adding the conclusions with them. Very nice, this is such a good sign

You're welcome! :runhug:

Joumana

Interesting poll. Is there a source

guess whos up in this bitch

Supersonic

I don't get that either. And I think mosques are actually pretty. But only without somoene shouting off the minarets ofc. Not here to get waken up early. 

I'm glad that he church bells didnn't ring at night anymore where I used to live :air:

Btw you live in Berlin right? 

You're welcome! :runhug:

I lived in Bavaria, now I live in Mainz

Majestic, the future is electric.

George

Good that younger generations are less prejudiced. Good sign for the future.

I just hope that pattern remains in time.

Was this made before or after the attacks in Paris? If it was made before, think that now some people wont make a difference between islamists and extremists given the media coverage

As something I would like to share, a little ago I moved to a different city for work, and I came early to do some tourism before I start. Today I visited a local mosque. It was full of posters including explanations about how the Quran says islamists should be tolerant to other beliefs, and also explained the good relationship with early christians, and how islam even recognizes jesus as a sent from god. I think it was a good sign of peace to let people know that actually we are not that different. However, the mosque was empty, the only visitors were me and an old couple, and the neighborhood outside was boiling of people.

Hello, it's me

Melech

Good that younger generations are less prejudiced. Good sign for the future.

I just hope that pattern remains in time.

Was this made before or after the attacks in Paris? If it was made before, think that now some people wont make a difference between islamists and extremists given the media coverage

As something I would like to share, a little ago I moved to a different city for work, and I came early to do some tourism before I start. Today I visited a local mosque. It was full of posters including explanations about how the Quran says islamists should be tolerant to other beliefs, and also explained the good relationship with early christians, and how islam even recognizes jesus as a sent from god. I think it was a good sign of peace to let people know that actually we are not that different. However, the mosque was empty, the only visitors were me and an old couple, and the neighborhood outside was boiling of people.

after

Interesting poll. Is there a source

Yes, but it'S in german :flop: http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/nachrichten/vermischtes/aktuelles_berichte/Fakten-Hintergruende-und-Grafiken-Der-Islam-Bedrohung-oder-Bereicherung;art29854,2589361

Deagan

I don't really understand how measuring "fear" for the Islam works...?

Scared for an attack? World war 3? Scared for muslims on the streets?

I believe there are muslims who interpret the koran in a right way and in a stupid way.

I'm scared for those that interpret literally and i'm not for those who read in context.

Same for jews and christians.