💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea: "they've all basically done black music"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Prometheus

if all of your 23404 posts are smart like your last one..........

:lmao:

The shade is strong with this young one.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

She said what she thinks, and it's her opinion, and it's truth tbh. :shrug:

I think the same... She was pushed by major labels in the beginning, she fought her way to the "top"!

I hope she wins Grammys for her"mediocre" rap album just to piss off the people that are already throwing tandrums about her :)

angelduuh

I looooooooooooooove Iggy, but the hate she gets it's not 100& because she's white, it's because she's kinda mediocre.

Whispering

The thing is that Macklemore didn't have industry help, he built everything from the ground up with one of his friends and never had the desire to be discovered which was very evident in his hot 97 interview where he said he was surprised Thrift Shop was even receiving airplay. The music has serious substance, the only track with even an ounce of the depth of songs like Wing$ and Neon Cathedral off "The Heist" are "Don't Need Y'all" and "Work"

Macklemore had industry help and they most definitely wanted to be discovered...or they wouldn't have hired a major Distribution Co. to market their music to radio:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/02/08/171476473/the-real-story-of-how-macklemore-got-thrift-shop-to-number-one

"...But the story they've been telling  the story that's been widely reported  is not entirely true.

The truth is that Macklemore and Ryan Lewis hired a company to help them get their music into stores. That company, Alternative Distribution Alliance, is an arm of Warner Music Group, one of the most major of the major labels.

Even in today's world of iTunes and YouTube, you still need the radio to become a superstar, Trust says. So Macklemore and Ryan Lewis hired Warner Music Group to get the band more radio play. That helped propel "Thrift Shop" to No. 1.

Yes, artists can do a lot on their own today. But to get to the top of the charts, they still have to work with a major label."

migamiga

she took them as an example since they are very prominent

So black people shouldn't be allowed to do pop,classical music etc?

That's not the point :awkney: we're talking about the erasure of black contributions to society! When people think of classical music they think of Beethoven and Mozart. When people think of rock n roll they think of Elvis and all his hits- which were stolen from black artists. Even jazz- tony Bennett is regarded as the king of jazz but it was born out of black struggle. Throughout history white artists have been contributing to black art but the media has erased blacks from it entirely. This is what iggy refuses to address and this is what's frustrating. It's not that she isn't allowed to rap but it's that she doesn't even acknowledge any of things I just addressed. She makes it seem like she's above it and doesn't need to speak about it.

swakby

Lmao at y'all basics with your 100 posts and LQ  avi's. Lmao at y'all talking about role models like we be 8 and Azealia is some Disney star. Lmao at you pretending that you can't spell Azealia in an attempt to "throw shade".

zInhRK.gif

for god's sake I just disagreed with you. What are you like 10 that you don't understand that sometimes people are not on the same opinion with one another? I didn't get the thing about my avi, though 

TheOriginalOne

At this point, I don't think there's any point for further discussion. If you bring up the issues that people have in this situation you're met with nothing but, "iggy is more successful", "call me when azealia has a #1 hit", and "y'all are just mad that iggy is bigger". There's no point.

Macklemore had industry help and they most definitely wanted to be discovered...or they wouldn't have hired a major Distribution Co. to market their music to radio:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/02/08/171476473/the-real-story-of-how-macklemore-got-thrift-shop-to-number-one

"...But the story they've been telling  the story that's been widely reported  is not entirely true.

The truth is that Macklemore and Ryan Lewis hired a company to help them get their music into stores. That company, Alternative Distribution Alliance, is an arm of Warner Music Group, one of the most major of the major labels.

Even in today's world of iTunes and YouTube, you still need the radio to become a superstar, Trust says. So Macklemore and Ryan Lewis hired Warner Music Group to get the band more radio play. That helped propel "Thrift Shop" to No. 1.

Yes, artists can do a lot on their own today. But to get to the top of the charts, they still have to work with a major label."

A distribution deal is different from how they were developed. They didn't have a label making sure the singles were chating, advancing the record, setting up promo for them until Thrift Shop had already started taking off at which point they inked a distribution deal.

Servicing music to radio and getting it into brick and mortar stores =/= a label being cash cows 

I was gonna stay out of it but some of this ignorance :emma:

Like who decided to make this about Azealia, she has nothing to do with this....unfortunate comment Iggy made

zInhRK.gif

exactly

the queen is always on their mind

zInhRK.gif

swakby

At this point, I don't think there's any point for further discussion. Of you bring up the issues that people have in this situation you're met with nothing but, "iggy is more successful", "call me when azealia has a #1 hit", and "y'all are just mad that iggy is bigger". There's no point.

I'm more grossed out by the amount of posts in this thread agreeing with her than what she actually said.

I honestly don't expect much from someone that said that aboriginals don't believe in housing. 

I don't even have the mental effort it takes to get in her rn :giveup:

nnnn

That's not the point :awkney: we're talking about the erasure of black contributions to society! When people think of classical music they think of Beethoven and Mozart. When people think of rock n roll they think of Elvis and all his hits- which were stolen from black artists. Even jazz- tony Bennett is regarded as the king of jazz but it was born out of black struggle. Throughout history white artists have been contributing to black art but the media has erased blacks from it entirely. This is what iggy refuses to address and this is what's frustrating. It's not that she isn't allowed to rap but it's that she doesn't even acknowledge any of things I just addressed. She makes it seem like she's above it and doesn't need to speak about it.

this reminds me that ignorant article i read of how iggy is the first female rapper who will become a superstar when nicki already did that in 2010 and when rolling stones wrote "hip-hop is white" i mean :rip:

I'm more grossed out by the amount of posts in this thread agreeing with her than what she actually said.

I honestly don't expect much from someone that said that aboriginals don't believe in housing. 

:rip:  :rip:

Archived