Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea: "they've all basically done black music"

Yanko

Featured Posts

‘People have said I'm not real rap or real hip-hop,†says this year's four-time Grammy nominee Iggy Azalea, “but I don't care if people think I'm pop or rap. Everyone interprets music differently.†The nearly six-foot-tall Azalea (born Amethyst Amelia Kelly) grew up in the small town of Mullumbimby, New South Wales, and was always inspired by rock and roll and rap. At 16, she told her parents she was going on vacation, traveled to Florida, and never went back. After years of struggle and disappointment, Azalea, now 24, had massive success last summer with her catchy, ubiquitous hit single “Fancy†and No. 1 debut album, The New Classic. Here, she talks with Lisa Robinson about fame, shoes, and s-x tapes.

Lisa Robinson: Do you think it's weird for a white Australian girl to be a rapper?

Iggy Azalea: Well, I never thought it was strange. If you go back to the Rolling Stones and Elvis Presley and Eminemâ€â€they've all basically done black music. I felt this wasn't that far from what we've seen in music history over and over again.

Do you think the criticism aimed at you is misogynistic?

Well, they don't say that stuff about Macklemore. So, yes, I think it has 100,000 percent to do with the fact that I have a vagina

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

The last comment cracks me up

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

COLONiCPRiNXESS

People went off that Macklemore won that Grammy tho. But people generally don't go in on Macklemore because he's QUALITY, same with Eminem. And not her comparing herself to the Rolling Stones and Elvis :air:

I do agree though, there is always more ****-talking about a female artist just because other women can be b---hy (not talking about AB :clausney: ) . It's like when there is a *** involved everyone becomes that bit more b---hier with the person.

Cocaine Heart

She said what she thinks, and it's her opinion, and it's truth tbh. :shrug:

We going to boo

The thing is that Macklemore didn't have industry help, he built everything from the ground up with one of his friends and never had the desire to be discovered which was very evident in his hot 97 interview where he said he was surprised Thrift Shop was even receiving airplay. The music has serious substance, the only track with even an ounce of the depth of songs like Wing$ and Neon Cathedral off "The Heist" are "Don't Need Y'all" and "Work"

Every time she opens her mouth now it becomes more painfully obvious she's only concerned with being famous and commercial. What honestly happened to the girl from Australia who was struggling when she came to Miami with nothing? She's lost touch of EVERYTHING

SychosSoChic

Is she wrong tho?

Whether you like her music or not, is she wrong? 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Archived