đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea: "they've all basically done black music"

Yanko

Featured Posts

inuborg

:rip:

I was gonna stay out of it but some of this ignorance :emma: 

Like who decided to make this about Azealia, she has nothing to do with this....unfortunate comment Iggy made

zInhRK.gif

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
migamiga

Ok so she knows the history of appropriating/stealing black music and wants to take part too- cause that's what I'm getting from her answer. And no it's not s-xist, Macklemore received a lot of flack too! Plus you can't rap so of course you're gonna catch some heat. You make it look like a joke. My god she irritates me!

Melech

Omg is she really comparing herself to Elvis and Eminem :air:

she took them as an example since they are very prominent 

Ok so she knows the history of appropriating/stealing black music and wants to take part too- cause that's what I'm getting from her answer. And no it's not s-xist, Macklemore received a lot of flack too! Plus you can't rap so of course you're gonna catch some heat. You make it look like a joke. My god she irritates me!

So black people shouldn't be allowed to do pop,classical music etc?

She's so... :awkney: :awkney: :awkney: just stop rap period

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

You're just someone who doesn't care. Other people do care.

- You include "runaway slave master" in one of your early songs D.R.U.G.S. that are supposed to put you on the map. Asking for hate.

- You call your debut album "The New Classic" and explain it through people looking back at it in a hundred years and consider her album to be the new hip hop "classic". Asking for hate.

- Reclassified? Really? What are you reclassifying? Hip hop? Rap? Asking for hate.

- Azealia Banks addresses a point. She doesn't even care to reply on it but instead says she feels like she doesn't need to because she sold so many more albums than AB. Asking for hate.

- Get nominated for a Grammy with a mediocre rap album just because you're white. Jealousy & hate is the logical result.

I always felt like Iggy has this "i'm too good" attitude and is arrogant... it's starting to show more and more.

She needs to start replying in a different manner. She has catchy stuff.

@iCE PRiNXESS YES. That.

Yes I don't care honesty and nobody should. It's not that big of a deal. Iggy is just trying to do what she enjoys and make her music. You either enjoy it and you support her or you dont. Your energy and time shouldn't be wasted on hating on her. Also when The New Classic was released nearly nobody hated on Iggy for culture purposes like they are now. It wasn't until Iggy didn't speak up about ferguson which she didn't need to do in any way and azealia started the big culture debate that people starting acting nuts over the topic. She also didn't know she was going to be nominated for grammys so that's now her fault either. I hope she wins Grammys for her"mediocre" rap album just to piss off the people that are already throwing tandrums about her :)

Yes I don't care honesty and nobody should. It's not that big of a deal. Iggy is just trying to do what she enjoys and make her music. You either enjoy it and you support her or you dont. Your energy and time should be wasted on hating on her. Also when The New Classic was released nearly nobody hated on Iggy for culture purposes like they are now. It wasn't until Iggy didn't speak up about ferguson which she didn't need to do in any way and azealia started the big culture debate that people starting acting nuts over the topic.

this isn't necessarily true, a lot was written about her appropriation leading up and into the release

this thread isn't about AB though so really everyone needs to stop bringing her up

MaybeKermit

I respect Iggy's music, she has the right to do anything she wnts, but like the interviewer in Azealia's interview said the fact that they treat FANCY as one of the best RAP songs of the century, and treating IGGY as one of the best female rappets pisses me off..

Deleted4234

When black people transcend genres other than hip hop they don't discredit those genres and their origins. The contributions of the people that created the genre are still respected and upheld (typically). Its funny how when a few white rappers breakthrough media has the nerve to post articles like "Hip-Hop is White". White people should be able to partake, contribute, and succeed in hip-hop (and any other genre) as much as they want but the foundation of what it is, is just that and it should be respected and not discredited just like any other genre.

Vernier

I don't even have the mental effort it takes to get in her rn :giveup:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Blue Jeans

oh you are alive :miley:

Thank goodness

5s1dify.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Archived