💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Cheek to Cheek' goes GOLD, selling more than 500,000 in U.S.

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingOfSpain

well then gaga has flopped 2 eras then by your standards  :spin:

C2C is great, but it is a side project, not an era

None of them are a flop. Educate yourself.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Tumblr

How has she flopped eras by my standards?

Anyway, I'm going by the definition of an era.

We'll just have to disagree on this, guess it's like the whole "Is TFM an album" :spin:

TFM is not an full album tho! :dead: lol we really have different views!

How was Cheek To Cheek a flop it sold 500k with no hit singles, it outsold many releases by pop stars with hits! The New Classic (Fancy, Black Widow), My Everything (Problem, Break Free, Bang Bang and Love Me Harder), The PinkPrint (Anaconda), Britney Jean (Work Bitch), etc.

Who?

Come back in a year when every other female (except Taylor) isn't relying on features for hits.

Ariana Grande doesn't rely on features, she has them.. She's the name that sells her songs :dead:

None of them are a flop. Educate yourself.

Explain?

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

KingOfSpain

Explain?

Both ARTPOP & Cheek To Cheek debuting at #1 in the US. Both are gold certified is this market. ARTPOP is at 750K and CTC has sold around 520K there, Worldwide numbers: 2,5 million and 870K respectively. Less than the previous albums, but still amazing.

Applause being on Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 for 14 weeks and selling 4 million copies worldwide. Top 10 in around 30 countries.

Do What U Want selling more than Applause in many European countries without a video. Top 3 in Canada and Top 10 in almost 20 countries.

G.U.Y. having a combined total Youtube views of 82 million without radio support or any kind of promotion.

ArtRave gross: 85 million. 

Cheek To Cheek, A JAZZ ALBUM WITH NO SINGLES, has outsold My Everything (3 top ten hits). The New Classic (2 top 10 hits), Ultraviolence (probably the most overhyped album of 2014).

Cheek To Cheek has changed her public image for many people who considered she was just a crazy b---h. Many people have realised she's talented. Some of you say this is a boring album, a boring era, you want this to end, blah, blah, blah... This is exactly what Gaga needed in her career.

And if you're still convinced Gaga is a flop, watch Do What U Want at The Voice and the AMA, Applause at the VMA, the SNL episode she hosted, her performances in Japan, Alan Carr, the Graham Norton Show, the SXSW festival, etc. and be THANKFUL because she gave us amazing moments this era. Gaga doesn't owe you NOTHING.

None of these eras/albums are a flop. I'm tired of read stuff like that tbh.

tumblr_m32fo14UiY1r1upmb.gif

Cheek To Cheek has changed her public image for many people who considered she was just a crazy b---h. Many people have realised she's talented. Some of you say this is a boring album, a boring era, you want this to end, blah, blah, blah... This is exactly what Gaga needed in her career.

:worship2:

Tumblr

Both ARTPOP & Cheek To Cheek debuting at #1 in the US. Both are gold certified is this market. ARTPOP is at 750K and CTC has sold around 520K there, Worldwide numbers: 2,5 million and 870K respectively. Less than the previous albums, but still amazing.

Applause being on Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 for 14 weeks and selling 4 million copies worldwide.

Do What U Want selling more than Applause in many European countries without a video. Top 3 in Canada.

G.U.Y. having a combined total Youtube views of 82 million without radio support or any kind of promotion.

ArtRave gross: 85 million. 

Cheek To Cheek, A JAZZ ALBUM WITH NO SINGLES, has outsold My Everything (3 top ten hits). The New Classic (2 top 10 hits), Ultraviolence (probably the most overhyped album of 2014).

None of these eras/albums are a flop. I'm tired of read stuff like that tbh.

Proving how ARTPOP was a success and including G.U.Y. in your answer?  :rip:

I don't know why you're getting so annoyed tho?

It was a flop, even in this market, Look at Prism, Self-titled.

Even My Everything had 4 top 10 hits, and she's still only a new artist.

It did not flop incredibly hard, but it was a flop none the less.

If you think Gaga's label is ok with her pulling these numbers from her pop era, then bye.

Cheek2Cheek was a flop if it was a Gaga Era, but it's only a side project so  :applause:

:classy: maxresdefault.jpg

KingOfSpain

If you think Gaga's label is ok with her pulling these numbers from her pop era, then bye.

Cheek2Cheek was a flop if it was a Gaga Era, but it's only a side project so  

OK, I'm not arguing anymore. Why isn't this user already banned?

Tumblr

OK, I'm not arguing anymore. Why isn't this user already banned?

Why would I get banned, stop getting off topic. 

KingOfSpain

Why would I get banned, stop getting off topic. 

Sell 3,3 million records in one year and two months like ARTPOP and Cheek To Cheek did together and I'll stay on topic.

nikola

Omg can this person go already and leave masterpice thats c2c alone........i am getting so anoyed by stupidity of some people in this forum 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Tumblr

Sell 3,3 million records in one year and two months like ARTPOP and Cheek To Cheek did together and I'll stay on topic.

are you by any chance, pressedT?

GagaMyBlood95

Cheek2Cheek was a flop if it was a Gaga Era, but it's only a side project so  :applause:

:classy: maxresdefault.jpg

Why are you even trying to put Ariana as an example?

She had 4 TOP 10 hits (your words), had the radio support, had the pretty image - yet her POP album sold less than Gaga's JAZZ album :lmao:

KingOfSpain

She had 4 TOP 10 hits (your words), had the radio support, had the pretty image - yet her POP album sold less than Gaga's JAZZ album :lmao:

preach it 

iV7YJhC0YggSs.gif

Tumblr

I didn't bring it up first dude 

But she had more hits than Gaga's pop album and jazz album  :coffee:

Archived