💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Track: Marina & the Diamonds - “Immortal�

Yanko

Featured Posts

there are some people who will just call any song that's a ballad dull. It's a beautiful song.

Tbh

Although I do think Happy could have been a lot better with more vibrant production and some added harmonies.

The ONE thing I would say to fix about Immortal is add some harmonies to the final chorus, make it ethereal and stand out from the other choruses in the song. Some higher and longer notes, too.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

there are some people who will just call any song that's a ballad dull. It's a beautiful song.

Oh god. No. A song can be elaborate and still be dull. Im not saying its bad, I think its generally well written, I like her voice, I think its pretty. Its just not very dynamic and to be honest I forgot I was even listening to it halfway through. I could turn this around and say some people just immediately praise a song because theyre in the mood to be caught up in some way in the hype of a new era.

I think lyrically this era her ballads are more elaborate, but I dont think either this or Happy are as dynamic or as easy a listen as I Am Not A Robot or Buy the Stars. I think Immortal is a bit trying to sit through, albeit pretty.

Monster2015

The thing I'm really liking about the two ballads are the moods they set. Happy was such a beautiful song for its simplicity. Sometimes I don't like all of the extra added background in a ballad song. It's just her voice, piano, some strings, and a simple drumbeat. Immortal is very dark and has a lot of elaborate parts to it from her voice to the synths. The production for the song brings me back to her ballads on Electra heart a bit. So far what she's doing to the new album is fantastic and I'm just getting the feeling that some of her fans are complaining because they expected bubble gum pop this era.

That video, the Lana teas :Chica: but better :wink:

The song tho omg Marina :giveup: still debating if I like this more or the same as Happy and Froot :giveup:

As much as I'm in love with this song, I still hope she at least has one or two pop songs similar to Electra Heart :-) Cause every song on EH was great.

blacklistedd

The thing I'm really liking about the two ballads are the moods they set. Happy was such a beautiful song for its simplicity. Sometimes I don't like all of the extra added background in a ballad song. It's just her voice, piano, some strings, and a simple drumbeat. Immortal is very dark and has a lot of elaborate parts to it from her voice to the synths. The production for the song brings me back to her ballads on Electra heart a bit. So far what she's doing to the new album is fantastic and I'm just getting the feeling that some of her fans are complaining because they expected bubble gum pop this era.

Why is it that I cant have my own criticisms of the ballads without every fan accusing me of being some sort of bubblegum headed drone? I like plenty of music that im sure many of you would consider dull for its minimalism. I have no problem with slow pace, I just dont think these ballads are particularly dynamic, ive found them both pretty and a growth for her lyrically but tough to sit through. That has nothing to do with wanting a new Primadonna. I didn't think Froot was all that great either and thats clearly upbeat. That being said, I dont think the music so far this era is bad either just because im not personally floored.

And anyway its annoying how some people in here are being so pretentious about appreciating slower tracks and trying to condescend to anyone that might want more upbeat music from her as if its indicative of small mindedness or limited taste. Balladry and slow-temp isn't indicative of taste and doesnt always represent quality just because its melancholic or slow. Get off your high horses lol

Monster2015

Why is it that I cant have my own criticisms of the ballads without every fan accusing me of being some sort of bubblegum headed drone? I like plenty of music that im sure many of you would consider dull for its minimalism. I have no problem with slow pace, I just dont think these ballads are particularly dynamic, ive found them both pretty and a growth for her lyrically but tough to sit through. That has nothing to do with wanting a new Primadonna. I didn't think Froot was all that great either and thats clearly upbeat. That being said, I dont think the music so far this era is bad either just because im not personally floored.

And anyway its annoying how some people in here are being so pretentious about appreciating slower tracks and trying to condescend to anyone that might want more upbeat music from her as if its indicative of small mindedness or limited taste. Balladry and slow-temp isn't indicative of taste and doesnt always represent quality just because its melancholic or slow. Get off your high horses lol

First it wasn't full directed at you so that's 1.

2) never said it was bad to like bubble gum pop hell I loved the most basic music in the world

3) upbeat music can be just as good as slower music. i.e Gaga

4) I was elaborating on people complaining when Froot and Happy came out because people weren't getting what they got from the previous era.

5) I got upset when on Twitter she said the next song was a ballad because we already got Happy which was a beautiful song. But immortal was better than I thought!

6) I became a fan through her upbeat music which doesn't mean I'm going to hate it

Can someone pm me the link, please? I've been looking for it but i can't find it :cryga:

Well she released the video! :cryga:

http://youtu.be/dYGKxxTXqSs

MonsterVSAnimal

I feel so ****ing lucky to have found Marina & The Diamonds a couple years ago, a few months before Electra Heart was released. I fell in love instantly with The Family Jewels. And then EH came out.... it was all I listened to for months. And this new album is sounding amazing, and I'm loving the songs she's putting out more & more, Immortal is my favorite so far. She's so flawless, I'm so excited to listen to this album. I am so happy to be apart of the Diamonds <3

I feel so ****ing lucky to have found Marina & The Diamonds a couple years ago, a few months before Electra Heart was released. I fell in love instantly with The Family Jewels. And then EH came out.... it was all I listened to for months. And this new album is sounding amazing, and I'm loving the songs she's putting out more & more, Immortal is my favorite so far. She's so flawless, I'm so excited to listen to this album. I am so happy to be apart of the Diamonds <3

:hug:

'Immortal' is my favorite until now too :)

🌹 free britney 🌹

Archived