đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Friendship is only friendship when it is real."

Melech

Featured Posts

some of my online friendships are a lot more real than my 'real' ones :sara:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's talking about close personal friendships. Such as your neighbor. Or someone from your church. She's not referring to long distance online friendships. 

Obviously you can only go and kiss, hug friends of yours that live close to you. This is what she's talking about. Online interaction will never beat actual human contact. 

I doubt that. I love writing with him. Of I hope I will meet him someday, but he is on the same stage as real-life friends for me. 

Not everyone has the money as Gaga to see her friends worldwide. 

Morphine Prince

See, this is the part where I don't agree (and literally got insulted for). I have a friend who prefers to have online friends rather than real life friends because she's extremely introverted and can communicate better via text messages than hugs or kisses. I prefer a mix of both of them, but that doesn't mean I have to go and tell her she's wrong. To each their own :shrug:

No. Artificial online communication will never be the same as human contact. Right now we are talking through text on a machine. If we were talking face to face I would be able to hear voice, read your facial expressions, smell your scent, FEEL the temperature around us. It's stuff we take for granted but I also have family that are far away that I only communicate through social networks. I'd give anything to actually be there with them. 

I doubt that. I love writing with him. Of I hope I will meet him someday, but he is on the same stage as real-life friends for me. 

Not everyone has the money as Gaga to see her friends worldwide. 

Exactly. You long for actual human interaction. 

Andreyw

What's the point of having a 'friend' near you if that one is fake? :smh: you can also meet the online friends irl at one point :shrug:

No. Artificial online communication will never be the same as human contact. Right now we are talking through text on a machine. If we were talking face to face I would be able to hear voice, read your facial expressions, smell your scent, FEEL the temperature around us. It's stuff we take for granted but I also have family that are far away that I only communicate through social networks. I'd give anything to actually be there with them. 

Exactly. You long for actual human interaction.

I agree, to me that is better than online communication. However, not everyone feels that way and that is something that I truly respect (unlike certain users).

Oh no, Gaga isn't in the wrong here. :emma: A lot of the fans are.All she meant was that if you have a friend who lives near you, it's more of an authentic friendship if you travel to see him/her.

will ggd understand this? Stay tuned

littleFandor

a few of my best friends are online friends. I met them only a few times, because of the high distance, but its such an amazing time when you meet them in real.

Gaga might just say that this 'real' contact is very important as well. At least for her. 

Vernier

I thought her point was simply that we shouldn't substitute online means of communication for actual human interaction with people we have close to us. But now that ggd has interpreted her comments correctly, I now understand that she's a judgey, technology hating woman who thinks no one should ever have online interactions. Thanks

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

I thought her point was simply that we shouldn't substitute online means of communication for actual human interaction with people we have close to us. But now that ggd has interpreted her comments correctly, I now understand that she's a judgey, technology hating woman who thinks no one should ever have online interactions. Thanks

I didn't want to attack Gaga. Thanks for putting things in my mouth that I didn't do. thank you very much. I also said that she most likely worded it false 

She was probably replying to madge, because she's been like I love gaga! I dont hate anyone and all that stuff but never said it to her face

Online friendships do exist, I've met wonderful people through the years I've been online and today that is my birthday there are more online friends congratulating me than real friends, they've also been more helpful, so I'm really grateful for all these online friends I have :)

She didn't word it wrong, you just don't seem to understand. Friendship is not a friendship if it's not honest, if it's fake. That's what it means.

I agree. She's not commenting on online friendships, she's commenting on the culture created by social media. The culture in which you create a commodity of yourself, where "friends" are just people who like your photos and admire you through the internet. She's saying that you shouldn't be spending your holidays immersed in social media. She's saying that it's not about posting photos online all day to get "likes" on Facebook or on Instagram from "friends" that you don't really know, but rather creating memories with people who really do matter. She's not saying that you can't become actual friends with someone online, but she's saying that those "friendships" that consist solely of an exchange of linking photos or commenting on photos online, for example, are empty and are not real.

And to be honest, part of being friends with someone is spending time with each other, hanging out, and creating memories. While you can talk to people online, you can't really do that until you meet in person. She's telling you to enjoy your holidays and truly be in the moment while spending time with the people you love and care about, and to not live your holidays with false gratitude from social media. Her message seems to be misunderstood by most people on here. I see nothing but truth in what she's saying.

Vernier

I didn't want to attack Gaga. Thanks for putting things in my mouth that I didn't do. thank you very much. I also said that she most likely worded it false

The post wasn't aimed at you, because I actually read your OP and what you were trying to say. it was generally addressed at some posts in this thread and the ones in the news section. You're welcome tho :sis:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

The post wasn't aimed at you, because I actually read your OP and what you were trying to say. it was generally addressed at some posts in this thread and the ones in the news section. You're welcome tho :sis:

oh then sorry :flop: 

(one of the moments you want to be stone) 

djBuffoon

:giggle::yes:

Archived